My Anime plugin (2 Viewers)

FdL

Portal Pro
April 17, 2009
Ok, so Anime2, like the original version uses AniDB instead of tvdb? This is good, since anime episodes shouldn't be handled with seasons like they do in tvdb...Don't know what they're thinking about. We should tell them that they're doing it wrong.

Raytestrack, so do backgrounds in your skin come from anywhere automatically, like they do in TVSeries or did you skin those in?

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
Ok, so Anime2, like the original version uses AniDB instead of tvdb? This is good, since anime episodes shouldn't be handled with seasons like they do in tvdb...Don't know what they're thinking about. We should tell them that they're doing it wrong.

Yeah the main source of information will be AniDB since this can run automatically for the most part.
TheTvDB and MyAnimeList require some manual intervention.

TheTvDB will be used for
  • Fanart
  • Alternative Poster Images
  • Banners
  • Episode Information

MAL will be used for
  • Characters
  • Actors

Would also like to get reviews from somewhere.

Have attached an update which includes a basic StreamedMP skin

StreamedMP1.jpgStreamedMP2.jpgStreamedMP3.jpgStreamedMP4.jpgStreamedMP5.jpg

FdL

Portal Pro
April 17, 2009
Yay Streamed! ^^ I tried 3 today, but I'm gonna run 4 more, since I prefer Streamed (I'm looking into other skins though). Thanks!

DerRM

May 16, 2009
Will there also be a skinfile for 4:3 blue3 version? I don't have a 16:9 or 16:10 display but i like to use the v2, great work.
Thanks

DerRm

bert_r

Portal Pro
April 7, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
I couldn't see anything in your code which gets the current watched status from AniDB when you are hashing a new file? Does the MYLISTADD command do this somehow?
Indeed, originally I did the same: After hashing the file I did MYLISTADD to add it to mylist, if this returned that the file is already on mylist (result 310), I used MYLIST to get the watched status.

But upon trying, I noticed that when MYLISTADD returns 310, the current status is also returned (the exact same result as the MYLIST command). This is both easier and faster (only one command is needed).
In the v1 code (AniDBCommands.cs, line 258):
Code:
case "310":
    //file already exists: read 'watched' status
    string[] arrResult = socketResponse.Split('\n');
    if (arrResult.Length >= 2)
    {
        string[] arrStatus = arrResult[1].Split('|');
        int viewdate = int.Parse(arrStatus[7]);
        AnimePluginView.animeDB.UpdateAniDBFileInfoWatchedStatus(FileData.FileName, (viewdate > 0), false);
    }
    return enHelperActivityType.FileAlreadyExists;

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just giving a small feedback to test4:

Seems like the ep-Names are overlapping on the right side the button field in the StreamdMP skin

So far all StreamedMP Backgrounds are black.
    Is there anything to be configured?

Cheers

Attachments

• Ep-Scrshot.JPG
      Ep-Scrshot.JPG
      11.9 KB

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Raytestrack, so do backgrounds in your skin come from anywhere automatically, like they do in TVSeries or did you skin those in?

FDL, at the moment, all graphics are associated by hand via the plugin configurator. No skin has anyhing to do with downloading images. I only did a few for the screenshots. Since I already had them locally from mptvseries, it wasn't a lot of effort but it's not something you want to do atm for all your anime. The final version of the plugin will do it automatically if I understood correctly.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Will there also be a skinfile for 4:3 blue3 version? I don't have a 16:9 or 16:10 display but i like to use the v2, great work.
    Yup there will be eventually, it is just much easier to do the wide screen ones.

bert_r said:
    But upon trying, I noticed that when MYLISTADD returns 310, the current status is also returned (the exact same result as the MYLIST command). This is both easier and faster (only one command is needed).
    In the v1 code (AniDBCommands.cs, line 258):

Ok awesome, I'll get this in asap

yhoogi said:
    Seems like the ep-Names are overlapping on the right side the button field in the StreamdMP skin

As far as I can tell this is also a problem with mp-tvseries and I have just copied the problem.
    Someone correct me if I am wrong.
    But I will see if there is a way of truncating it via the skin.

yhoogi said:
    So far all StreamedMP Backgrounds are black.
    Is there anything to be configured?

Again this is the same as mp-tvseries, except that mp-tvseries automatically gets the fanart for the backgrounds.
    Later on the anime plugin will also try and get fanart etc. Although it will probably require more intervention from the user than mp-tvseries.

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    As far as I can tell this is also a problem with mp-tvseries and I have just copied the problem.
    Someone correct me if I am wrong.
    But I will see if there is a way of truncating it via the skin.

MediaStream scrolls the episodenames when they are too long, and the watched/unwatched icons are placed in the corner of the episode images so you don't have that problem then (but then it's not cosistent with the StreamedMP skin anymore).

Again this is the same as mp-tvseries, except that mp-tvseries automatically gets the fanart for the backgrounds.
    Later on the anime plugin will also try and get fanart etc. Although it will probably require more intervention from the user than mp-tvseries.

Can't you use the same way of fanart collecting like mptvseries? If you know the series id for thetvdb.com, then it should be possible right? I have no idea how everything works though, if you told me your plugin can make me my morning coffee i'd probably believe it :D

Are you going to support episode images as well? I must warn you that although until now all my animes are listed on thetvdb.com, a lot don't have episode images (they do have banners and most have fanart). That's why I use weeji's mpthumbupdater to create them and upload them to the website whenever there aren't any.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Raytestrak said:
    MediaStream scrolls the episodenames when they are too long, and the watched/unwatched icons are placed in the corner of the episode images so you don't have that problem then (but then it's not cosistent with the StreamedMP skin anymore).

Yeah it would be the removal of the icons from the actual list items that does it. I'll look at this as well.

Raytestrak said:
    Can't you use the same way of fanart collecting like mptvseries? If you know the series id for thetvdb.com, then it should be possible right? I have no idea how everything works though, if you told me your plugin can make me my morning coffee i'd probably believe it :D

Yeah it will work a bit in the same way that MAL in version 1 currently works.
    If it can search and find a good match on TheTvDB com it will use that as a basis for association.
    And also try and use the fanart chooser from mp-tvseries as well

Raytestrak said:
    Are you going to support episode images as well? I must warn you that although until now all my animes are listed on thetvdb.com, a lot don't have episode images (they do have banners and most have fanart). That's why I use weeji's mpthumbupdater to create them and upload them to the website whenever there aren't any.

Yup I will make an attempt to use episode images and plot summaries, but it will be a bit harder trying to translate series on AniDB into seasons on TheTvDB.

Have you got a link to mpthumbupdater ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom