My Anime plugin (2 Viewers)

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
kazuma6666 - I just use the default player. but I have configured MediaPortal using the following instructions (everything works beautifully)
MediaPortal & soft-subs - AnimeSuki Forum

yhoogi - The only way I know how to change the font size is via the skin file.
If you open up the XML files in a text editor you will see things like "font10" which you can edit if you want

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Iwerndly: Thanks for the reply; seems like I will wait until it is clear if and how your plugin is imported in Monochrome.
    I am currently using it with the wide version you had, but there are already some problems with font sizes (i.e. the title line below the pictures are sometimes extending into the selection fields)

Some short Bug-Report and a question:
    1)
    The duration info shows only minutes and seconds. For movies longer 60min, AniDB shows hours:min:sec;
    So I assume, hours are not taken into account
    (experienced with a test import of Naruto Movies)
    2)
    If the display shall be along configured AniDB infos, seems like the sorting gets problems with files containing more than 1 ep.
    (e.g. Naruto 214-215 from AOne is displayed on top of the list and not between no. 213 and 216)

Additional Question
    Is ther a way to modify manually the database? (e.g. changing pictures / entries)

Cheers

kazuma6666

Portal Member
    March 2, 2008
    Thanks for the info about the subs iwerdnly. I didn't have time to get you an export from my db. I'm changing stuff in my htpc right now.

I'm using mediaportal in 1080p resolution (1920*1080) and I was wondering if it's possible to upscale the images? A big thanks for your work :)

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    yhoogi..
    1) ah yeah AniDB actually just provides the data in seconds. I didn't think to cater for hours, but will fix this one
    2) yeah I haven't tried that one before. My code is probably throwing an exception in the background as I was assuming an INT. I will look at that one as well

Ad. Question - the plugin will download the images from AniDB and put them in the following folder
    C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\MyAnimeThumbs
    The files have a name like
    5549_AniDB_Cover.jpg

The number prefixed is the AniDB ID for the series. If you want to replace the image from AniDB, you can simply replace this image.
    If you want to edit the database yourself you can use a tool like SQLIte Analyzer, The data should be pretty easy to understand.

Once the series information (including image) has been retrieved and saved to the database, it is never over-written unless you reset the meta data.

For banners, you will need to get them manually as per the ReadMe.

kazuma6666...

The size of the images are defined in the skin (xml) files. All the positioning is defined there.
    I used to have some code which over-wrote this, but you should be able to modify this if you want now.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Ok, it looks like I'm talking crap again :)

I'll do some investigation and see what I can find.

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Iwerndly,

It seems the hashing algorithm is chewing on large files. I have some 4.5 .. 6.5GB anime file and it looks like they can not be hashed. (There is only info text "hash"; but no progress - even after several hours).

Thanks for the info on DBAnalyser, will check during weekend.

Cheers

kazuma6666

Portal Member
    March 2, 2008
    I made an export for you :)

I'm also quite interested in your anidb api, I'm trying some rss scanner to download torrents and I'm not really satisfied. I was thinking of doing some application that would parse the torrent names to get the information from anidb. And finally automate the downloading of the torrents, looking for a particular group and making the choice from the anidb information. And for that, an anidb api would be useful :)

Well anyway, good luck for the remaining development.

Attachments

• Anime_Files.xml
      30.6 KB
    • Anime_Series.xml
      30.6 KB

PsI

October 27, 2007
    Great Plugin

Hi,

I have a little problem, I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the plugin tho...

After hashing has finished, sometimes it can login to AniDB but most of the time it fails, it seems to have uploaded all my anime to AniDB but has stoped downloading Art/info.

Any ideas?

PS. Great plugin, I was searching for something like this, I guess I have more than 1TB of anime that needed some order:D

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    yhoogi - Can't say that I have ever tried to hash a file more than about 2GB. I do know that the eDonkey hashing algorithm had a problem with files greater than 4GB in the past. I'll have a look and see what I can find.

What is the file you are trying to has? Does it appear on AniDB?

Kazuma6666 - Thanks for the exports. I'll add them to the next release. I have added a feature so that you can download and process the XML files within the plugin itself.

Regarding the downloading of torrents. I actually started on something similar a long time ago but never completed it (not for the plugin)
    Here is the API definition if you want to start taking a look
    UDP API Definition - AniDB

Basically the way I planned to do it was as follows
    1. Use NOTIFYLIST and NOTIFYGET to find out any new files which have been released
    2. Use the FileID from above and issue a FILE command to get info about that file
    3. The above will contain a CRC, using this CRC you can look at something like the Tokyo Toshokan RSS feed

In the files for most anime they have an 8 character string in square brackets which is the CRC. This is not done by all groups though.

This might be a good feature to add once i release the source code. Obviously the plugin already uses the FILE command. Also I already wrote an RSS parser, as i was planning to have some optional news in the main page, but haven't finished it off yet.

PsI - I have the problem too where sometimes the login will fail. I reboot and magically it works again :(

Can you take a look at the MediaPortal.log and see if there are any errors there. If so can you send it to me?

Yeah I have about 3TB of anime now, but about 2.5TB is backed up to DVD.
    I think a CD/DVD cataloguer would come in handy. Any volunteers? :)

Sorry about the lack of bug fixes, pretty flat out at work recently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom