My Anime plugin (1 Viewer)

kazuma6666

Portal Member
March 2, 2008
Mmmh that would be a nice feature! Really interested in having a central place that shows every anime :)

Thanks for your hard work iwerndly :D

baka

Portal Member
March 1, 2008
iwerndly, looks like you have a point, seems that the plugin gets confused with my lan card, i got home from work & i thought about what you said... about me having two net cards with ip beginning with 192 (even though they have different ranges 192.186.0.xx & 192.168.1.xx) so i disabled the lan card & fired up mp, went straight to my anime menu entry, did a full scan & º_º it logged in!

since i have more anime on another lan pc i enabled the lan card before the plugin started to scan my files across the lan, looks like it works fine now :)

really happy now! thanks a lot for your effort ^_^

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
baka - the plugin needs to bind to one local IP address. I previously added some code to give preference to 192 addresses over other addresses.
I will add another option so you can specify specific addresses to give preference to.

kazuma6666

Portal Member
March 2, 2008
I would be really interested to see the sources from your program to help me communicate with anidb. I never used socket in programming and I don't have much time. I did the rss/torrent part. I can detect the crc, launch the torrent if needed. I got my data structure ready. But I don't know how to begin with the UDP part :/

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
kazuma6666 - I will be attaching the source code at the same time as I do the next release (which should be this week some time).

Feel free to use it however you want.
However you will need to apply for your own application ID at AniDB, if your code is used in an application that is not part of this plugin.

Ryoga79

Portal Pro
January 14, 2007
I just started using this plugin, and i'm really impressed with it!

1) A couple quick question/feature requests...is there any way the plugin could be configured to pull your existing andib "mylist"? I have a LOT of anime both online and offline, and it would be a lot easier to import the series (as well as their online/offline status than to re-import everything (i have about 100 dvds worth of series)...

2) I remember reading earlier in the thread that offline media was supported. To do this, do i just set up my dvd drive as an import path and pop the dvd in? Once imported, will the plugin remember its status and prompt for the dvd later if it's not present?

3) As a corrolary to the last bullet, can there be some kind of visual "mark" on the series to denote wether it is on or offline?

4) On last UI thing, for series that i just imported but have been watching for a while (such as bleach, naruto, etc), can there be a "mark as watched" option in the UI? That would be way easier than to have to start/stop each video to get it marked as watched.

Thanks!

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
Ryoga79...

1) This is probably possible, but would take a lot of effort, as this sort of information is not available in the UDP API. I (or someone else) would need to use the export function from the AniDB website.

2) No this is not supported yet, just something I wanted to do :)

3) Yes, that was the plan

4) I have an option in the series view to mark all files as watched/unwatched, but there is no option for individual files yet.

kazuma6666

Portal Member
March 2, 2008
kazuma6666 - I will be attaching the source code at the same time as I do the next release (which should be this week some time).

Feel free to use it however you want.
However you will need to apply for your own application ID at AniDB, if your code is used in an application that is not part of this plugin.

Ok, thanks a lot :). I'll ask for an application ID at anidb then!

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    While working with the plugin for some time now, I discovered some individual problems:

I shortened some of the avi's for better using available DVD space and the plugin is constantly trying to hash them for lookup in AnimeDB.
    Also some files are personnel re-encodes / encodes, which are not referenced of course.

Question would be if there is an entry field where I can manually attach and freeze them in the database.
    If the plugin would collect all files and the decision for a match of their hash is depending on a status or freeze flag can be manually changed in the database would be prefered (sufficient as low level fix).

Hi-end version would be an I/F similar to the one used in My TVSeries with a menu and manual allocation but I consider this as a too demanding request.
    Intermediate solution would be ro have an input section where all relevant info can be manually added and fixed (as in the movies section of mp config)

I have to admit I didn't found sofar a good tool to export(import the DB (e.g. to Access). The found Database tools are a quite tedious to use; e.g. the mp provided SQLite database browser is a real pain.

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom