My Anime plugin (1 Viewer)

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
BeeJay, tried out your skin and it has a few overlap problems for me. I'll include those skins in the next release as an alternative or as the default depending on feedback (assuming you are alright with that)

Regarding your problem with the folders not rendering, I believe an error may be occurring when you get to a specific folder, and then it stops and doesn't display anything after that. In the attached release I have included some extra logging. If you could try it out and send me the MediaPortal.log file.
(I have attempted to make a fix which should allow the rendering to continue if it encounters an error)

+ Within series view, episodes are now sorted from meta data where possible
+ Added options in series view to set all files as watched/unwatched
* Better error handling and logging when rendering folders
* Hard coded to ignore some raw groups in Missing Episodes
--- e.g. S^M is listed as an english subber even though they only do raws
+ Implemented utility "Cleanup Database"
--- Removes links from anime to folder where folder no longer exists
--- Removes links from file to hash where file no longer exists
--- Removes files from watch history where file no longer exists

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
Woops

* Fixed bug where series view failed to render where there was more than one file with the same episode number

Beavis

Portal Member
February 13, 2008
Schortens
Home Country
Germany Germany
hmm ok i think i am to stupid for this, cant get the plugin to work, everytime when i try to start the plugin i get the message "invalid or missing file:" but no infos which file is failing. can anyone help me ? :)

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
Beavis, what skin are you using?
If you are not using Blue Two or Blue Two Wide, you will need to copy those skins files to your appropriate skin folder

Beavis

Portal Member
February 13, 2008
Schortens
Home Country
Germany Germany
yeah but i get the same when i use bluetwo, seemed that anything was wrong but i dont know what^^

edit: the funny(right word?) thing is that when i get the error message that after "Invalid or missing fie:" nothing stands so that i cannot say which file makes the problem...

kazuma6666

Portal Member
March 2, 2008
Thanks a lot for this plugin :)

Hello!

I'm new to media portal and I got a big anime collection. This plugin is incredibly helpful! It was impossible to browse my remote 500 gb anime folder with the my movies plugins, so your plugin was really a lifesaver.

I found a little bug : when hashing files, there is a problem with the sql queries if the name got a ` in it. Like for baccano episode 2 : "Despite the Old Woman`s Anxieties the Trans-Continental Train Pulls Out". As I use webaom to rename and move the files when they are recognized by anidb, I got lots of those files (464 in my main anime folder to be precise). I used a renamer tool to get rid of those, so the problem is solved for me, but you might want to look into it.

I'm willing to help you in the developpement with 2-3 hours per week. I used to code in VB6, and now i'm coming back to Java a bit. I'm working, so I can't afford to give more then 2-3 hours. Support is more of my speciality, but I'm ok with the coding part too. Please contact me by private message if you want my help (well, if I can provide it, I don't know the complexity of the stuff you've developped :)). The only additions I can think of right now is the rating, personal rating and awards a serie got in anime view. Well, this is fine tuning, your plug in is already very interesting!

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
Beavis, did you copy all the files including the database?
Note - for anyone upgrading, don't copy the database after the first install as you will lose all your information.

kazuma6666 - I will try and have a look at that bug today, shouldn't be hard to fix.
I'll also look into getting that rating information, as I am pretty sure it is available in the API.

At the moment I am working on some parsing of MyAnimeList.net, to get things like
- Characters
- Voice Actors
- User Reviews etc

After that I will do some more AniDB stuff
- Adding files to MyList
- File renaming
- Voting

Once that it is done I will probably release the source so anyone can make the changes they want. I had said previously that I would do a major re-write to better handle views, but it will never get done with my current work load.

Beavis

Portal Member
February 13, 2008
Schortens
Home Country
Germany Germany
Beavis, did you copy all the files including the database?
Note - for anyone upgrading, don't copy the database after the first install as you will lose all your information.

Yes copy all filles in the zip direct into mediaportal folder, must the database file in a special folder or only in the database folder in the mediaportal root folder ?

kazuma6666

Portal Member
March 2, 2008
So I've been testing a bit, and I got another problem. When I'm done scanning my main anime folder, and I launch mediaportal again, it's still hashing. When I start, it checks the content of the database and logs in anidb a lot. What is it doing (this is my main question, if you could just answer that I would be happy :))? My main anime folder has 2000+ files in it, so it's quite intensive if the program has to check those 2k files each time.
I'm not burning stuff on cd anymore. I got over 1000gb of anime scattered around my network, and I'm getting 2X750gb drives for my htpc. So i'm planning on having a very large collection on it.

Also, the "hashing..." doesn't go away after that. I'm still testing stuff, so I didn't really use the interface to watch anime, I just used debug mode and tried to leave it on for a while.

I'm beginning a developpement in c# for my work this week, so i'll get a bit of experience :)

:D for your time

The additions you're planning are looking nice! But, about adding files to mylist and file renaming there are some good applications for that out there (webaom and aom), if you don't know those check the Wiki. I'm using webaom and I'm very satisfied with the renamin/moving options. If you know about it but want to implement it in the plugin then I won't say anything else.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
Beavis - yes the database should be in the database folder. If you have copied the folders from the zip into the MP folder, that should have been enough. I also assume you are using MP 0.2.3.0.
You can also try sending me your MediaPortal.log file, there may be something in there

kazuma6666 - the plugin should only need to hash each file once. All the info is stored in the database after that.
If you have the setting do a full scan on startup or select the full scan option, it will get a full list of files on your shares but only hash/query the files which are not in the database.
It should work a LOT quicker if you have the files locally.

Regarding the mylist and renaming options, I have already written the code when I wrote my UDP client previously
UDP Clients - AniDB
So all the code is already there, just need to add the hooks back.
The renaming functionality is pretty basic (based on AniDB data) but it suits what I need.
Everything will be optional anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom