Completed My ASUS Pundit-R HTPC (1 Viewer)

Y

ymerguer

Re: pundit-r + PVR 500

Scholle said:
Moin,

to give you a first look to "your" Pundit-R with a PVR 500:

pundit1.jpg

(sorry, the camera of my mobile is not the best)

With a pliers, a little bit of extra force, a peace of paper to avoid short-circuits and a construction from tupperware (guarantee that your wife does not notice it) its possible.

Regards
Scholle

Ok, now I finally got my hot PVR500MCE-card in my sweaty palms. Why sweaty? Because it's going to be a tight fit indeed!

So, how did u do this, Scholle? Can u please explain me in detail, as I don't wan't to do it the wrong way around and end up with catastrophic results.

Y

ymerguer

Scholle said:
Moin,

[...]

With a pliers, a little bit of extra force, a peace of paper to avoid short-circuits and a construction from tupperware (guarantee that your wife does not notice it) its possible.

Regards
Scholle

Ok, now I finally got my hot PVR500MCE-card in my sweaty palms. Why sweaty? Because it's going to be a tight fit indeed!

So, how did u do this, Scholle? Can u please explain me in detail, as I don't wan't to do it the wrong way around and end up with catastrophic results.

Y

ymerguer

Scholle said:
Moin,

[...]

Regards
Scholle

Scholle

Portal Member
May 3, 2005
Germany

Moin,

ymerguer said:

sorry for my late answer. Tomorrow I will make some fotos where you can see how to insert the pvr. ... and yes ... its a very close affair.

Y

ymerguer

Looking forward to it...

Hi,

thanks for your reply!

I'm looking forward to it! Finally I'll get my card installed!

A

Anonymous

I have a problem. I have two pundit-r's and speedfan 4.24 doesn't work on either of them. I have BIOS ver.1005.001 on both of them. Any ideas?

Y

ymerguer

I also have the same problem

Hi,

I also have the same problems on my Pundit-R.

I don't know the reason, but it's annoying me!

So if anyone comes up with a solution, please let us know!

aglock

October 5, 2005
CPU reports 55 degrees celsius in idle mode with orignal fan

Hi!

Just came home with my Pundit-R350 and also discovered that it is not quiet at all. I'm about to try the suggested moddings but I'm a little bit concerned.

Even in idle mode the cpu temp rises to 55 degrees celsius with a Celeron-D 325, 2.53Ghz with original fan.

Is this normal?

Regards
Andreas

Pingus

Portal Member
February 2, 2005
Denmark
Re: CPU reports 55 degrees celsius in idle mode with orignal

aglock said:
Hi!

Just came home with my Pundit-R350 and also discovered that it is not quiet at all. I'm about to try the suggested moddings but I'm a little bit concerned.

Even in idle mode the cpu temp rises to 55 degrees celsius with a Celeron-D 325, 2.53Ghz with original fan.

Is this normal?

Regards
Andreas

If you ask me .. .the Pundit-R case is not intended for moddings ... there is no root for air in the box.

My personal results are - when modding the box just get hotter, more unstabel and I would'nt dare leaving home having the box on AC power.

My conclusion must be: If you don't want to burn down your house, don't mod the Pundit-R ... buy another model ... go for the HFX with passive cooling!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom