My dvb-S card can't find my provider (1 Viewer)

galdrin

Portal Member
May 3, 2011
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.3.0
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
Windows Version: 7
CPU Type: Athlon 5200B
HDD:
Memory: 2 Gb
Motherboard:
Video Card: ATI Radeon 3100
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: TerraTec Cinergy S2 PCI HC CI
1. TV Card Type: dvb-S
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Hi,

There probably is a easy sollution to this but I just can't find it. My Cinergy S2 card is working and when I'm scaning the Thor satelite I find channels from a provider I don't use (telenor). I can look at free chanels through my MP setup. Question is, what file have I missed to edit as I can't find the provider I subscribe to? (CD)

Thanks in advance if anyone can point me in the direction of a FAQ or something that solves my issue.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi galdrin

Welcome to the forum! :)
    If you're receiving Telenor (Thor 5/6 0.8W) then there is no reason why you shouldn't receive the Canal Digital channels too. Make sure you select the "enable DVB-S2 channels tuning/scanning" option though. If you've already enabled that then please can you post some logs (instructions are in my signature). Otherwise, tick the DVB-S2 option and try to scan again...

galdrin

Portal Member
    May 3, 2011
    The "enable DVB-S2 channels tuning/scanning" is selected and I'm running a new scan at the moment, this will take a while. I wonder it the TV.log and the TsWriter-2011-05-03.log is enough to start with as I'm not even running my MP while I'm trying to solve this. Also, could low power-feed through the PCI port to the DVB-S card be the reason for this behavior? Just wondering as I can't find any signals at all on Diseqc AB, BA or BB.

/Galdrin

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The "enable DVB-S2 channels tuning/scanning" is selected and I'm running a new scan at the moment, this will take a while.
    Okay. I'm going to bed soon, but I'll take a look at logs in the morning if you haven't been able to resolve the problem and nobody else is helping...

I wonder it the TV.log and the TsWriter-2011-05-03.log is enough to start with as I'm not even running my MP while I'm trying to solve this.
    When you start a support thread it is expected that you post logs, otherwise it is very difficult to help you. I'd definitely encourage you to post those logs.

Also, could low power-feed through the PCI port to the DVB-S card be the reason for this behavior? Just wondering as I can't find any signals at all on Diseqc AB, BA or BB.
    ...and that is why we ask you for logs. I would have never have known you were using DiSEqC unless you mentioned it (which you didn't until now) or you posted logs. Please remember to post logs next time.

Anyhow, the Cinergy S2 has a power connector on the card. Have you plugged that in?
    If you have plugged that in then I'd have to wait to see your logs before I can even guess what the problem might be.

mm

P.S. Make sure you completely power down the PC and unplug the power cable from the power supply before plugging the power connector in.

galdrin

Portal Member
    May 3, 2011
    When you start a support thread it is expected that you post logs, otherwise it is very difficult to help you. I'd definitely encourage you to post those logs.

I will post full logs as soon as I manage to get to the TV-Server Configuration while MP is running. At the moment MP is winning but I'll be fast enough eventually :)

galdrin

Portal Member
    May 3, 2011
    Finally I managed to get the logs out. I also solved the diseqc problem and once I solved the diseqc problem I saw I got a lot more provider but still not CD that I'm after. Perheps CD sends as Telenor? The chanel names seem to point that way and in that case I need to work on my CI instead.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again galdrin

Yes, the logs seem to show "Telenor" on transponders that are labelled as "Canal Digital" on Lyngsat - strange. :confused:
    Oh, well. I guess the most important thing is that they work! :D

Do you mind if I ask what was wrong with the DiSEqC switching?

galdrin

Portal Member
    May 3, 2011
    The DiSEqC problem was power related. You can feed the S2 card through a power connector and the manufacturer stated that "sometimes" the power from the motherboard isn't enough. The fact that my PC doesn't have any old style 4-pin powerconnectors (only SATA) had me try first without external power thinking that if the motherboard was new enough to not have any 4-pin connectors it probably was past the PCI-low-power-problems.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ah, okay - so my guess with the power connector was correct. I'll keep that in mind for helping other people with that card.

Thank you for reporting back. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom