My Emulators: MediaPortal2 version (2 Viewers)

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Netflix an co. are difficult, since you need an account to test with. I only have Amazon Prime, German edition.
    From an Amazon Prime MCE plugin I wanted to use I also know that the AP API is not open, and it seams to be different in each country.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    We're going OT, so I'll move the posts later, but:
    Spotify works well with MP1 (Rockster plugins by @seco ). I believe @seco said porting it to MP2 was though of when dev., but I don't think there has been any interest.
    Netflix seems to work ok via Online Videos after @Ministerk did some magic. That being said, a good (Internett)browser integration in MP2 could work pretty good, IMO.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Since I'm also in the boat now for MP2, I might pick up this eventually.
    I already thought to pick up missing features after I have finished my current task.
    And if not ported popular plugins holds back users to use MP2, it can be considered a missing feature I guess.
    But at 1st I need to get an overview what the biggest must haves for MP2 are.

Thanks! A powerful game emulator will bring many people tp MP2 I think!
    But for sure it's not the most important feature. More important are follwing features at first:
    • Fully working TVE3.5 engine
    • Ability to manually access and correct the movie and series database (as possible with MP1 moving pictures)
    • A clean and clear skin (which is Apollo one from my point of view)

rkooten

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2008
    Home Country
    I'm still waiting patiently as anything the open source community provides is a gift, not an entitlement. However, seeing there is some activity here I'll give it another nudge.

The lack of an emulator plugin is what has kept me from transferring to MP2 for a year now. Emulators are a must have for me, otherwise I might as well just get a generic mediaplayer (ie popcorn hour, apple tv, chromecast etc.) instead of a more powerful (and powerhungry) HTPC... (disregarding the awesomeness of MediaPortal).

Last edited:

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks! A powerful game emulator will bring many people tp MP2 I think!
    But for sure it's not the most important feature. More important are follwing features at first:
    Fully working TVE3.5 engine
    Ability to manually access and correct the movie and series database (as possible with MP1 moving pictures)
    A clean and clear skin (which is Apollo one from my point of view)

Personally: Live TV is also one of the most important features for me.
    For management stuff I prefer well thought/designed desktop applications, I can use from my desktop PC.
    Skin: The Live TV and recording features should work similar to MCE, so my family will accept a switch better.

rkooten

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Could a mod please split this thread so this one remains dedicated to discussion an MP2 version of My Emulators?

Thanks in advance. :)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Brownard
    Is there any progress with a creation of MyEmulators for MP2? If not, is there anybody willing to take this point? I'm ok for all the skinning tasks.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    There has been some progress :) though it has slowed down recently :(

It's basically a straight port of the MP1 version so it's not really implemented 'the MP2 way', e.g. it uses it's own local database/importer which I'm not entirely happy about (although in some ways my importer is better ;)).

I will see if I can pull an alpha together at some point...

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There has been some progress
    Great. Because unexpected, it's more than great :) :D
    I will see if I can pull an alpha together at some point...
    That's a good idea. It will already attract some users and testers can give feedbacks.
    It's basically a straight port of the MP1 version so it's not really implemented 'the MP2 way', e.g. it uses it's own local database/importer which I'm not entirely happy about (although in some ways my importer is better
    When you share an alpha some Devs might also have some good ideas for that. As mentioned, for any skin or design task, please feel free to contact me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom