My Event Guide (4 Viewers)

sa_ddam213

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2009
    Canterbury
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Wish I was as lucky as you kiwi, Lost most of my gear (Dev,TV,laptop,monitors) the funny thing is my main HTPC is fine but no longer have a HDTV to plug it into :(

Once I'm finished cleaning out the house (also has major damage) Then i'll test the HDD's from the dev to see if all my plugin code is salvageable (But having a 4 drive raid setup im not holding my breath).

sa

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ohh that sucks, i hope you are covered by insurance.

I have a lot of valuable toys, but nothing was broken. Actually nothing in my house even fell over, was very wierd. When i woke to the shaking I expected the windows to break or stuff to fall over, but I couldn't find a single thing in my house that had moved from it's original position!!! I live in Avonhead btw, my parents house in Fendalton was damaged, the chimney had some bricks fall off and the pipe to the hot water cylinder got busted and flooded the house (it was raining downstairs in the kitchen) was like that for about 6 hrs because no one was home at the house!

sa_ddam213

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2009
    Canterbury
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yeah, I have insurance and I'm sure I Dev was due for an upgrade anyway.
    Luckily wife and kids are fine. (and all my media is safe :) )

Wonder if insurance will pay for a backup NAS system for me ;) (as I have insurance for lost software)
    (which is funny because got most of it on special from piratebay;) )

sa_ddam213

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2009
    Canterbury
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    the funny thing is I was about to load all my plugins into the dropbox, It was all on my flashdrive which of course was sill in the front port of my dev and snapped clean off when it fell.

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    That earthquake was a blessing for me. As a builder I was close to closing down my business, Now I might see some of you guys out and about. :D My sister is pissed with me because I'm so happy, she lives in Christchurch as well. Shame about your gear tho sa.

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So hows the team going? Everyone had their clean up save any of the projects?
    Hope you are all doing well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom