Baboonanza

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 5, 2010
    North London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: Kiwi Development team

A gig guide is brilliant idea, and not just for NZ. If you could set it up to report on any local gigs by people in your music database it would be absolute genius :)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

atleast that long, if not longer...

I imagine ur looking at >1 year until it gets to a level it can replace MP 1.
    That completelly depends on how many people get involved to push MP2 forward.

If all share your opinion, then yes. 1 year or even more. ;)

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

I am very keen... It would be wonderful to have a place where we can go for updated channel logo's, url's for weather info and all that stuff... I'll submit everything I can once a platform is derived, thank you.

captcol

Portal Pro
    June 27, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

I would love to be of assistance but I have no knowledge beyond how to use MP, I am not a programmer or a skinner so would have to be taught how to do things.

It would be very interesting to be involved with MP2 development as well but also feel like I am of no use there as well.

If someone is willing to teach me or direct me to resources that would allow me to help I would be in boots and all.

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

I would love to be of assistance but I have no knowledge beyond how to use MP, I am not a programmer or a skinner so would have to be taught how to do things.

It would be very interesting to be involved with MP2 development as well but also feel like I am of no use there as well.

If someone is willing to teach me or direct me to resources that would allow me to help I would be in boots and all.

Home - MediaPortal Manual Documentation would be a good place to start also download Microsoft visual express 2010 and look on the web for some projects and source code. Try searching WPF projects to learn MP2. I won't lie there will be lots of reading, But any effort is good effort. :D

I have some no.8 wire, out back, in the shed

That sounds like a theme for a skin....;)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

so if I change my opinion, to 4 weeks, will you have it ready for me? ;) :D
    I am saying that if all lean back and say "it will take another year", then it WILL take another year.
    But if many people start to contribute to MP2, then it will progress a lot faster.

This was the sole reason to create the public forums. Everyone has it in his own hands now. Thats the beauty of OpenSource. :)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

It is not just coders we are looking for. We also need artists, and people who have experience with developing useability/GUI concepts would not hurt either.

When it comes to creating skins, then I belief that the only way to create a unique, great looking skin is by putting together a team of exactly that kind of people.
    GUI-Designers/Concepters, GFX-Artists and Coders. :)

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

... Ability to choose a series, and automatically capture/download each episode as it becomes available (not implemented)...

ForTheRecord already does this for live TV but I guess you're referrring to TV on demand? But then why use that when you could have recorded it (automatically via 4TR) in better quality when it played on TV in the first place?

Showtimes
    - Support for hoyts/rialto listings, as well as links to trailers (implemented)

Showtimes works here, it's a great plugin. StreamedMP must support it?

so if I change my opinion, to 4 weeks, will you have it ready for me? ;) :D

:D +1 :D

Personally I would like to see a tide times and wind forecasting plugin in MP :) The wind info could come from here: WindGURU: Weather forecasts for windsurfing, kitesurfing and other wind related sports.

What about a Maori fishing calendar (Maori Fishing Calendar) - personally I don't care about that but someone might.

The phases of the moon? Good to know when it's best to go possum shooting? Phases of the Moon

The "problem" I guess with plugin development is that the developer has to want to use the plugin or be interested in it him(or her)self - after all if you're doing something for free it's pretty hard to motivate yourself to spend time working on something you will never use - well that's what I found when it came to skinning plugins that I knew I would never use and skinning is the "easy part"...

Good luck with the team building, it'll be interesting to see what you come up with.

Bleazle

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom