kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: Kiwi Development team

if we are doing stuff for MP1, then this thread is in the wrong subforum =)

@sa_... - yeah i saw the screenshots thanks for that, didn't realise you were responsible for that plugin. I don't think I'll ever use it personally just wanted to see what it was like. I think touchscreens are a bit gimmicy, android wifi remote will be the way of the future =) glad to have you on board, i'm sure a gig guide will be less complicated than your current endevours. I think I would probably make an ok architech/designer for the project.

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Well I would rather be working on a MP2 project but If things are kicking off right now I think MP1 is really all we can work on right now. I do have some Ideas for a skin for MP2 which I might start looking into. If the mods think the thread needs to go in another spot I'm sure they will move it.

I wonder if we could get a team thread with password, so only the Ideas we want out get out. :D

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

contributing to MP2 is beyond my ability as I don't know how to access the SVNs and compile my own copy etc...

sa_ddam213

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2009
    Canterbury
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Well I would rather be working on a MP2 project but If things are kicking off right now I think MP1 is really all we can work on right now. I do have some Ideas for a skin for MP2 which I might start looking into. If the mods think the thread needs to go in another spot I'm sure they will move it.

I wonder if we could get a team thread with password, so only the Ideas we want out get out. :D

We might as well start for MP1 as its a stable app, This way we can figure out what we want out of this plugin.
    Code is never lost so changing from MP1 to MP2 development will be faster, as the structure has already been designed and tested.

Just my opinion

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

@sa - if you feel you can commit to making a gig guide plugin, then let me know when you are ready and i would be happy to do the concept / implementation / design / parsing rules (in english which you could translate to code).

That RSS feed i linked to gets the data for all from other gig guides, so you could probably do well with just that one source. It has RSS for AKL / CHCH / WGTN / DUN. Not really sure if facebook integration is needed or not, as most of the events listed on facebook are already listed in the RSS feed. And if you listed facebook events you would get duplication, and it might be hard to tag duplicate events if the event title is not identical. however i guess if venue + date are identical then by logic it must be a duplicate.

The advantage of facebook integration

1. Click on event in MP gig guide, and then facebook updates you as attending the gig. And also it appears on ur FB wall that u are attending a gig.
    2. Click on event in MP gig guide, and bring up the facebook event web page which often displays additional information about the gig
    3. If I click attending gig on FB page, then in the MP gig guide list, the gig will be highlighted / a different colour to the other gigs
    4. Not sure if this is possible, but if your facebook friends are attending a gig then the gig is also highlighted on the MP gig guide list.

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

We might as well start for MP1 as its a stable app, This way we can figure out what we want out of this plugin.
    Code is never lost so changing from MP1 to MP2 development will be faster, as the structure has already been designed and tested.

Just my opinion

An experienced opinion is good enough for me. At least then we can start straight away.

Another plugin I wanted to look at was a P2P video chat, I know someone already started a Skype plugin but I think he gave up.

I happy to help with what ever you guys are working on just let me know what you want.

@sa - if you feel you can commit to making a gig guide plugin, then let me know when you are ready and i would be happy to do the concept / implementation / design / parsing rules (in english which you could translate to code).

That RSS feed i linked to gets the data for all from other gig guides, so you could probably do well with just that one source. It has RSS for AKL / CHCH / WGTN / DUN. Not really sure if facebook integration is needed or not, as most of the events listed on facebook are already listed in the RSS feed. And if you listed facebook events you would get duplication, and it might be hard to tag duplicate events if the event title is not identical. however i guess if venue + date are identical then by logic it must be a duplicate.

The advantage of facebook integration

1. Click on event in MP gig guide, and then facebook updates you as attending the gig. And also it appears on ur FB wall that u are attending a gig.
    2. Click on event in MP gig guide, and bring up the facebook event web page which often displays additional information about the gig
    3. If I click attending gig on FB page, then in the MP gig guide list, the gig will be highlighted / a different colour to the other gigs
    4. Not sure if this is possible, but if your facebook friends are attending a gig then the gig is also highlighted on the MP gig guide list.

Sounds pretty cool and I can see a lot of potential, Maybe its more of a networking plugin but with gig guide as a sub category?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

I think a facebook app would be a seperate app and would be an international app.

I can see this gig guide being an NZ only app @ this stage, unless you add additional html/RSS sources which might have different info to jagg/manukau site which would make implementation more complicated.

mattsk88

Community Skin Designer
    March 27, 2008

I might be interested in working with you guys on a MP2 skin. I'm not a Kiwi though is Australia near enough? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom