My Experience so far.. (3 Viewers)

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I used to have syncing issues a long time ago and the fix was to change the audio renderer to Default DirectShow device. This is the default setting and it can only be changed in the MP GUI - plugins/settings/tv/audio renderer.

After I changed this I haven't had a syncing issue for a very long time.

To fix most of your issues, I would recommend a full reinstall of windows. It's probably much easier than tracking down all these bugs...

Downzy

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Home Country
    After applying one of the SVN builds a few weeks ago, I started having lots of problems regarding AV sync as well as viewing recorded TV.

....I bit the bullet and did a rebuild - it's as good as gold now. I can be a real pain in the arse to re-build sometimes, but more often than not it fixes weird issues like that (for me anyway)

vvulture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    man thats excelent... thanx for all your help guys. I will take it all on board and see how i go.

The real main thing i have to get sorted out, is the sleep/wakeup issue. That is the most important, because without this, there is no point in continuing.

My MCE rig, comes out of standby ok, but does not go back in after a recording. Big deal... i waste a little electricity.
    But i would really love to use MP because it has so many more features !!!

Again, thanx for your help. cheers

Downzy

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Home Country
    I haven't really done too much in regards to the hibernate/wakeup bit yet, but I am looking at using PVR Scheduler http://www.pvr-scheduler.de/.

From what I understand, it has some more advanced functionality than the plugin that is packaged with MP (although a donation is required for the latest version) - but don't quote me on that because I have not really used either properly.

It would have to be worth taking a look at least.

Cheers,
    Downzy

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I can highly recommend PVR Scheduler - I use it for all scheduled recordings and for running my EPG grabber (DUGG) twice weekly. It does all this with total reliability, and puts the PC back to standby mode.

Its a wonderful utility, and really completes the MediaPortal solution.... :D

Downzy

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Home Country
    Taipan, what version of PVR Scheduler are you running? I had a look he other day and it seems that some versions can be downloaded free, but the latest ones require a small donation. I'm not adverse to making a small donation, but just curious to know what it is I require.

What version of MP are you running it against?

Cheers,
    Downzy

vvulture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    ok.. i may have to try it...

However, i just realised something... whether its normal or not, i dont know.

If a schedule a recording say within 10 - 15 minutes from current time, i noticed that it will not go into standby, but instead wait for recording to start.

If there are no scheduled recordings, it will go into standby after set time.

If there is a scheduled recording in 1 hr or so, it will go into standby, and wake up to record show.

Now, heres the catch, i can wake the machine up from standby with my mouse or keyboard, but nothing shows on screen. Just stays black...

Getting there slowly... :)

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Downzy said:
    What version of MP are you running it against?
    I am using the latest version of MP (0.2 RC4) with the latest SVN applied, and the latest version of PVR Scheduler (1.4.3b3) - and they are both working well together... :)

You can download a very early version of PVRS for free, but the latest ones are available for a small donation of 5 euro (about AU$ 8.00) - well worth it in my opinion.

vvulture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey Taipan... does it work if you are using DUGG ?

cheers

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    vvulture said:
    does it work if you are using DUGG ?
    It sure does - I use PVR Scheduler to wake the PC, run DUGG, and then put the PC back to standby, twice a week..... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom