Not open for further replies.

TLD

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Rainy Washington
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Didn't Know quite where to post this.

I have a couple of problems right out of the starting gate. I'm using Windows XP SP3, MP 1.2 Beta, default wide skin,

I installed My films form the link Guzzi sent me with MP .mpi1 installer from locally after i downloaded it.
I installed the new .dll's for Browse the web when i did the install
I had created a new AMC .XML Db with 1 movie in it so i can see how AMC updater was working on file importing and internet searching.
The .XML DB is on a secondary SATA HD and i set the downloaded fanart and covers to a folder on this HD also.

My movies are on a network share, they are .avi files and are placed into folders by genres:\\Media\movies\1 ACTION;\\Media\movies\1 COMEDY etc.
When i tried to scan with AMC updater through My Films configuration i wasn't getting any results so i canceled the scan and unticked the don't ask box and tried again the first move is Avon Flux and the updater gave me a list, it was then i saw it was look for 1 ACTION not Avon Flux even when i put the IMDB ID number it couldn't find it.lol

So i spent a couple hours trying to figure how to change it to look for file names instead of folder names, but i am either missing it or it's not there.: ooops:

also now when i try to open the plugin section of MP configuration i get this error:

"Failed to locate 'Nlog, Version=1.0.0505, Culture=nutral,PublicKeyToken=5120e14c03d0593c'.
Note that the configuration program must be executed from/reside in the MediaPortal folder, the execution will now end."

When i uninstalled My Films i can access the plugin section of MP configuration fine but after a reinstall of MY Films i get the same error again. :confused:

I know i must be doing something wrong because i've had this all running before a while back before upgrading to MP 1.2.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi TLD:

I can't help with the Nlog error (over my head) - do you still get it when you reinstall MyFilms?

I can tell you that the default setting in AMC Updater (AMCU) is to scan by Folder name+Internet Lookup. That setting is on the AMCU Database tab, for some reason ;) under Original Title handling. Guzzi is still refining and improving the setup in AMCU, both the location of settings (for discovery), as well as what the presets should be. I think filename+Internet lookup is likely the 'safest' for most users, but I doubt we will manage default settings that suit everyone's setup. I think the original assumption in AMCU was that 'most'? users have a separate folder for each movie.

Anyway that is exactly why we need testers, so thanks for the feedback! And you did everything right, checking in interactive mode to see what the issue was. There are so many settings in AMCU I am not surprised you missed Original Title handling (though afaik it was always there - I don't think Guzzi has changed much in the AMCU Interface yet)

Most of the PDF manual for AMC Updater .8 still applies, but I have not added, or updated, it for Wiki yet, sorry!

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    As we get closer to a beta release for My Films (MF) 5.0 we really need a few alpha testers to help us, especialy with AMC Updater and grabber scripts.

If you have any previous experience with AMC Updater, please help us out. I have been trying to test for Guzzi, but I have never used AMC Updater before, and so it is slow going for me trying to learn and test the 101 options.

We also really need the feedback to help determine the most 'common' settings we should use as defaults to start with.

If you are looking for MF 5 in MP 1.2.0 beta, and want it sooner, this is how you get it. :p

As Guzzi stated in the MyFilms Latest Version (currently 4.9.2.3) thread, just send him a PM to receive download link.

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    Re: My Films 5.0 beta testing

I edited the .xml file and changed it to "File Name + Internet Lookup" and got it working. To bad a person couldn't just change it in the box on the AMC update tab that shows the configuration for the updater, though a tick box would be great.

I uninstalled My Films and could get in the MP configuration/ plugins fine then i reinstalled My films and got the same error.

I'm scanning movies (adding 1 folder at a time only 600 more movies to go) at the moment and don't really want to quit the My films configuration because i;m afraid i wont be able to access it through MP configuration/ plugins and want get the movies into the database.

AMC updater doesn't seem to be using the IMDB box in the updater dialog popup when it can't find a movie, i can look it up at IMDB and put the ID and year in the boxs and click search again and it still isn't finding the right movie.

EDIT: The updater script need some work of the first 15 movies 13 needed to have manual picks. When the same movies were scaned with Motion Pictures only 50 of 675 needed to have manual picks. i'll post from the log after it's done with this second folder.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I edited the .xml file and changed it to "File Name + Internet Lookup" and got it working. To bad a person couldn't just change it in the box on the AMC update tab that shows the configuration for the updater, though a tick box would be great.
    I can do that here (see attached screenshot) via dropdown list of options for Original Title handling.
    I uninstalled My Films and could get in the MP configuration/ plugins fine then i reinstalled My films and got the same error.
    Consistency is probably good, not for you of course! Sounds like there is some installation issue.

I would definitely get that sorted out first as it may also cause other issues.
    I'm scanning movies (adding 1 folder at a time only 600 more movies to go) at the moment and don't really want to quit the My films configuration because i;m afraid i wont be able to access it through MP configuration/ plugins and want get the movies into the database.

AMC updater doesn't seem to be using the IMDB box in the updater dialog popup when it can't find a movie, i can look it up at IMDB and put the ID and year in the boxs and click search again and it still isn't finding the right movie.
    Quite possibly it is not working yet, as Guzzi just added those boxes in the latest version and I have not tested them yet.

I am getting about 95% correct matching now on my 1K movies - once I get my AMCU settings correct. I am trying to figure out some way to help Guzzi make AMCU 'easier' but since the whole purpose of MF is for users who have external databases and wish to customize their data/options, I am not sure how easy that is going to be!

Attachments

• AMCUTitleHandling.png
      AMCUTitleHandling.png
      85.7 KB

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country

Yep there it is, knew it was there somewhere and i was just not seeing it.:oops:

I'm going to try ticking the exact name match with the next folder as i am having to manually select movies where only 1 movie is the exact match and the rest are only similar.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Yeah it is much better in background mode I find. What I seem to prefer so far, is selecting 'Try to find best match automatically' and then uncheck 'Don't ask'. That way AMCU just matches most movies perfectly and comes up and asks me when it cannot find a perfect match. There will always be some cases unless you use tt number on IMDB because even IMDB search is not 100%. I have a few movies I cannot find via search on IMDB, only by tt number.

There are two grabber scripts for IMDB (English). The default IMDB grabber just grabs the usual data from the main page. But IMDB-Full gives you access to all the 'extra' data on sub pages, and you can use the grabber options in MF or customize the grabber and mapping how you wish. But for now, stick to defaults for testing first. :p

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country

Yeah it is much better in background mode I find. What I seem to prefer so far, is selecting 'Try to find best match automatically' and then uncheck 'Don't ask'. That way AMCU just matches most movies perfectly and comes up and asks me when it cannot find a perfect match. There will always be some cases unless you use tt number on IMDB because even IMDB search is not 100%. I have a few movies I cannot find via search on IMDB, only by tt number.

There are two grabber scripts for IMDB (English). The default IMDB grabber just grabs the usual data from the main page. But IMDB-Full gives you access to all the 'extra' data on sub pages, and you can use the grabber options in MF or customize the grabber and mapping how you wish. But for now, stick to defaults for testing first. :p

'Try to find best match automatically' and then uncheck 'Don't ask' is exactly what i have selected.

I'm using "IMDB-Full" now and it is the default, i like to see the actors and roles.

z3us

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I would like to be a beta tester. PM sent

Enviado desde mi GT-I9000 usando Tapatalk

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

'Try to find best match automatically' and then uncheck 'Don't ask' is exactly what i have selected.

I'm using "IMDB-Full" now and it is the default, i like to see the actors and roles.
    Yeah noticed Full is default now. The thing is IMDB is much faster as it only grabs data from main IMDB page, which does support up to 15 actors with roles, so you can get those via IMDB grabber. However it only grabs only one tagline and Certification and Aka title (which is unpredictable). So, you need to use IMDB-Full if you want the fancy grabber features, like selecting all actors and persons, grabbing producers, grabbing all akas/certifications or selecting them based on country/language settings.

I am not sure which grabber should be default (for English users). Full shows/enables all features which is less confusing, but IMDB does grab the main data most users want and is much faster, especially if you don't have awesome high speed internet.

What do you think? Can you try a small test with each and provide feedback? Thanks.

Note: In both grabbers you get the big covers :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom