My Films 5.0 alpha testing (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

z3us

Portal Pro
December 4, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
I would like to have more options than a checkbox for aspect ratio - resolution:
- Resolution
- AR
- AR (resolution) - this can be set as sort item in MF config
- Resolution (AR) useless for me

I would add a 3rd item for search and sort.

And would be nice if MF could autodetect if a movie is Hd-720 or Full HD by the second number of resolution. Then it could be inserted in the media type field.

Whats IMDB brank? In what AMC field are writer, brank, studio, tagline inserted?
Languages checkbox is repeated in database fields tab of AMCu
In AMCu - manual update, when u select operation "update value - add string" it should be possible to define if its added at the start or at the end of the field
I would like the grabber options to always be opened in expert mode, and when closing it, only be asked to save if changes were done

Thx

Two things about grabbers:
- TMDB is importing to actors all the crew: director, Sound Editor, screenplay,etc. To fix, it should start to import where the first job="Actor" appears, but I dont know how to do it with REGEX
Ex Matrix: http://api.themoviedb.org/2.1/Movie.getInfo/es/xml/5b8fecd0c39786077bc5af07e56fee5e/603 , the first actor is Keanu Reeves

- IMDB full, I want only AKAs in common spanish language (Castilian), but its importing both, castilian and catalan (a dialect of castilian). Example,

Star Wars: Episodi III - La venjança dels sith Spain (alternative title) (Catalan title)
Star Wars: Episodio III - La venganza de los Sith Spain (imdb display title)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I would like to have more options than a checkbox for aspect ratio - resolution:
    - Resolution
    - AR

And would be nice if MF could autodetect if a movie is Hd-720 or Full HD by the second number of resolution. Then it could be inserted in the media type field.
    You can add any feature requests to My Films Issue Tracker on Google Code, and they will be considered after beta. Preference will be give to the issues starred/requested by most users. Although good testers, who provide great test results will get extra consideration.
    Whats IMDB brank? In what AMC field are writer, brank, studio, tagline inserted?
    IMDBrank=IMDB ranking. Using IMDB Full grabber you can use the Grabber Interface to map fields as you wish. I am just working on Wiki pages about it now.
    Languages checkbox is repeated in database fields tab of AMCu
    yep thx, will fix (means Guzzi will :D)
    In AMCu - manual update, when u select operation "update value - add string" it should be possible to define if its added at the start or at the end of the field
    Afaik Guzzi has not altered that in AMC Updater. Did that option exist previously? If not, again a feature request.
    I would like the grabber options to always be opened in expert mode, and when closing it, only be asked to save if changes were done
    I agree about saving, but it is hardly a show stopper. I don't agree about Expert Mode as I think most users will only ever use the standard tab. However, you could request a feature to always open Grabber interface to previously used mode?

- TMDB is importing to actors all the crew: director, Sound Editor, screenplay,etc. To fix, it should start to import where the first job="Actor" appears, but I dont know how to do it with REGEX
    Ex Matrix: http://api.themoviedb.org/2.1/Movie.getInfo/es/xml/5b8fecd0c39786077bc5af07e56fee5e/603 , the first actor is Keanu Reeves
    All grabbers other than IMDB/Full Guzzi just added and we can decide if they should be released with beta or not. Neither of us are REGEX experts either, so we are hoping once MF is released some who do know REGEX will contribute to improving and adding new grabbers.
    - IMDB full, I want only AKAs in common spanish language (Castilian), but its importing both, castilian and catalan (a dialect of castilian). Example,

Star Wars: Episodi III - La venjança dels sith Spain (alternative title) (Catalan title)
    Yeah I have a similar issue with Canadian provinces for Certifications, but we have not yet figured out how to grab them as there is no unique start/stop for the data in brackets. If you know how, could you post the modified grabber script for that? We would definitely appreciate it. Did you try selecting Spain and limiting Aka to 1 title? That should grab the first one but I doubt IMDB will be consistent about it. I only mean that as a temp workaround - not a proper solution. Do you know any other grabbers that do that so we could check how it is done? I don't even know any that let you select Akas by country!

z3us, sorry if I was not clear what we meant by alpha testing. We are trying to get MF 5.0 beta released, so unfortunately we are only able to fix bugs before then, and at this point mainly show stoppers. All your feature requests sound great, but we won't be able to consider new features until after final release.

I am really happy you are giving AMC Updater a good workout as that is the main area that still needs testing and you have far more expertise than I or many MF users. It's really great to have you back and helping out! THANKS! (Man you found all the new features pretty fast!)

EDIT: We are still trying to finalize what mappings should be included in IMDB-Full by default, if any. Such as add Certifications to the start of Comments, Taglines to the start of Descriptions, aso. As you know AMC fields are limited so it is probably best to leave most of that up to each user to match what they already have in their AMC DB. IMDB grabs Writer only, while IMDB-Full grabs producers as well (mapped to the producers field). So we could add Writers somewhere, but I could not think of a good field to use that would not make users scream at us! Let us know if you have any suggestions about default mappings that would meet the needs of most users. Thanks.

z3us

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    - Resolution
    - AR

You can add any feature requests to My Films Issue Tracker on Google Code, and they will be considered after beta. Preference will be give to the issues starred/requested by most users. Although good testers, who provide great test results will get extra consideration.
    Thats right, sorry.

IMDBrank=IMDB ranking. Using IMDB Full grabber you can use the Grabber Interface to map fields as you wish. I am just working on Wiki pages about it now.
    And whats the difference with normal rating field?

Afaik Guzzi has not altered that in AMC Updater. Did that option exist previously? If not, again a feature request.
    The option is new in this AMCu. But the string is inserted at the end of the field, and I need it also at the start, so its easy to create hiearchy groups. Yes, feature again, sorry.

I agree about saving, but it is hardly a show stopper. I don't agree about Expert Mode as I think most users will only ever use the standard tab. However, you could request a feature to always open Grabber interface to previously used mode?
    Yes, thats what Im suggesting to change.

All grabbers other than IMDB/Full Guzzi just added and we can decide if they should be released with beta or not. Neither of us are REGEX experts either, so we are hoping once MF is released some who do know REGEX will contribute to improving and adding new grabbers.
    TMDB is a fantastic site, a must have grabber for MF. Hope anyone can fix this when beta is released

Yeah I have a similar issue with Canadian provinces for Certifications, but we have not yet figured out how to grab them as there is no unique start/stop for the data in brackets. If you know how, could you post the modified grabber script for that? We would definitely appreciate it. Did you try selecting Spain and limiting Aka to 1 title? That should grab the first one but I doubt IMDB will be consistent about it. I only mean that as a temp workaround - not a proper solution. Do you know any other grabbers that do that so we could check how it is done? I don't even know any that let you select Akas by country!
    I think its better using imdb.com than akas.imdb.com. Browsing imdb in Spain shows the translated and original title with a standard style:

and its a lot easier to extract them

About grabber options:
    - When create a new grabber u are asked to save it with a name before starting to create the grabber. I think its confussing, most (if not all) programs and text editors ask u for a name when u finish it and press save.
    - After naming the new grabber, Im getting this error:
    Code:
    See the end of this message for details on invoking 
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: stream
       at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(Stream stream, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize)
       at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(Stream stream, Encoding encoding)
       at XmlConf.initNew(String configFile)
       at XmlConf..ctor(String configFile)
       at Grabber_Interface.GrabConfig.LoadXml()
       at Grabber_Interface.GrabConfig.button2_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
        Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5444 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    MyFilms_Grabber_Interface
        Assembly Version: 5.1.0.0
        Win32 Version: 5.1.0.0
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Team%20MediaPortal/MediaPortal/MyFilms_Grabber_Interface.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
        Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Configuration
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Xml
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    System.Windows.Forms.resources
        Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/2.0.0.0_es_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll
    Common.Utils
        Assembly Version: 1.1.7.0
        Win32 Version: 1.1.7.0
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Team%20MediaPortal/MediaPortal/Common.Utils.DLL
    Accessibility
        Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
        <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Attachments

• AMCUpdater_DefaultSettings.xml
      5.6 KB
    • MyFilms.xml
      8.1 KB
    • MyFilmsAMCSettings.xml
      5.5 KB

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    And whats the difference with normal rating field?
    IIRC IMDB Ranking is IMDB's top 250 etc. But afaik it is not implemented in any grabbers yet.
    The option [In AMCu - manual update, when u select operation "update value - add string"] is new in this AMCu. But the string is inserted at the end of the field, and I need it also at the start, so its easy to create hiearchy groups.
    Yes I think Zebons added that before he disappeared. Do you know what the first option "update value' does?
    Yes, feature again, sorry.
    No problem, I understand it is easy to get excited by all the new features and options, and want even more. But we really have to focus on testing for bugs and get MF 5.0 released. Plus I am afraid of overwhelming Guzzi with so much that he goes to visit Zebons! :p But, it never hurts to point out where UI can be improved and I know if he can do it easily he will.

TMDB is a fantastic site, a must have grabber for MF. Hope anyone can fix this when beta is released
    +1 and TMDB is getting better and better with more films and better data and much faster than IMDB (so far) That's why Guzzi just added the TMDB scripts!

I think its better using imdb.com than akas.imdb.com. Browsing imdb in Spain shows the translated and original title with a standard style, and its a lot easier to extract them
    I should have mentioned that we plan to provide grabbers for all the localized IMDB sites, including IMDB.es. So yes, you should be able to get exactly that. If I only had 108 hrs a day, they would already be done! We wanted to get the English IMDB/Full grabbers done and tested first. Then we can mostly copy and edit them for each local IMDB site.
    About grabber options:
    - When create a new grabber u are asked to save it with a name before starting to create the grabber. I think its confussing, most (if not all) programs and text editors ask u for a name when u finish it and press save.
    - After naming the new grabber, Im getting this error:
    Yep, I usually modify existing grabber and use Save As, not New, so good test.

But, I can reproduce your error using New, so I will get Guzzi to take a look. I am not even clear why New is needed (there is probably a good reason) but I agree it is confusing.

Thanks!

z3us

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    The option [In AMCu - manual update, when u select operation "update value - add string"] is new in this AMCu. But the string is inserted at the end of the field, and I need it also at the start, so its easy to create hiearchy groups.
    Yes I think Zebons added that before he disappeared. Do you know what the first option "update value' does?
    It changes the whole field for the value you enter

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Hi Dadeo & Guzzi !

I test MF with Eaxmc (v-3.0.9) all work fine ...:) ... great work Guzzi .. :D

no Error massege , all logs clean ... :)

z3us

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I cant download fanart for this movie:
    Battle: Los Angeles &mdash; TMDb
    I tried also manually in amcu and from MF GUI, but no results. Searching with the same words in themoviedb web goes to the film page. AMCu downloads fanart from themoviedb, doesnt it? Using translated or original title?

What database fields should I check to download thumbs for person views?
    One more thing: the number of database fields in AMCu is getting huge, I suggest an alfabetical sort.
    Thanks

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    It changes the whole field for the value you enter
    Right ofc, thanks. Update- replace string just replaces the string not the whole field.

I cant download fanart for this movie:
    Battle: Los Angeles &mdash; TMDb
    I tried also manually in amcu and from MF GUI, but no results. Searching with the same words in themoviedb web goes to the film page. AMCu downloads fanart from themoviedb, doesnt it? Using translated or original title?
    Yes fanart is downloaded from TMDB. I also had occasional issues with punctuation in file names, but last I tested it was working . I will check with Guzzi about that. Thanks.
    What database fields should I check to download thumbs for person views?
    Well ofc you can't use that in AMCU as there are not fields for it in AMC. (EDIT: actually I will double check that as Global Updates DOES download fanart also. But I am not sure about person thumbs).

You can turn thumbs on or off for person views in MF Setup on Artwork tab. If enabled, then whenever you select Download fanart, either from Main or Details view you will get persons thumbs also (see attached screenshot)
    One more thing: the number of database fields in AMCu is getting huge, I suggest an alfabetical sort.
    Thanks
    True enough, and only likely to get worse with more user requests! ;)

Attachments

• PersonsImages.jpg
      PersonsImages.jpg
      17 KB

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    z3us - I checked with Guzzi and currently AMCU does not download person images, but it is planned and will work exactly as fanart, so on Manual Updates tab in AMCU the option for missing images or all images will apply to person images as well. I am not sure if that will make it for beta or not. You select if you want person thumbs or not on the artwork tab as I said.

I am trying to leave Guzzi as free as possible to fix all issues asap so you are stuck with me here for now, but I will try to answer as much as I can or get answers for you.

TLD Guzzi is already looking at your logs trying to identify and fix the cause of your missing covers on client. Great report btw because that is a use case I was not able to fully test and I think many MF users will be interested in centralized data. Thanks!

EDIT: z3us - Oops forgot to answer your question about Title matching for fanart. You can choose the title for fanart matching on the AMCU Database Fields Setup tab - on the right under Master Title for Fanart. Although I found TMDB was quite good at matching either way in most cases.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom