My Films 6.1 released ! (30.06.2014) - V6.1.0.3107 (MP 1.6, 1.7 & 1.8) (1 Viewer)

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    My Films 6.1 released!
    (supports MediaPortal 1.6, 1.7 and 1.8 with .net 4.5)

Have you ever wished you could use your own database management software with MediaPortal? With MyFilms you can!

My Films combines the powerful features of movie catalog software with the superb media center features of MediaPortal. It incorporates many advanced movie catalog features into MediaPortal. Eight different movie catalog apps are supported out of the box. You do not need to re-scan your data and you can continue to use your current movie catalog app with My Films - or create a new one using the integrated AMC Updater (AMCU)

My Films offers many features not supported by other movie manager plugins, or even some movie catalogs!
    • extended features for the popular Ant Movie Catalog (AMC) or for new catalogs created in My Films (AMC XML database format):
      • update in real-time (since they both use the same XML database)
      • update by field or multiple fields but never overwrite the data you wish to keep
      • batch/global updates for some/all records by field, value, etc using AMC Updater
    • built-in support for networks (centralized data, covers/posters, fanart and configs)
    • multiple databases - as many as you wish for different types of videos such as documentaries, home videos or even to keep your kids videos separate if you prefer (you can switch database easily within My Films)
    • multiple users - watched status, date watched user ratings (and thus favorites) are supported per user.
    • multiple configs (like profiles) for the same database with different filters/settings for different users
    • advanced search, sort, view or update by ANY field
    • integration with Trakt, Sub-Central, Online Videos (Trailers), and Browse the Web (to view related web pages for movies, cast and crew)
    and much, much more! Have a look at the extensive My Films wiki for an overview of all the features and many tutorials on how to setup and use them - it will help you a lot to get the most out of your personal My Films install !

What's New in My Films v 6.1 ?
    Lots! 54 changes, including 34 new features! Far too many to list here!
    OnlineInfoUpcomingMovies.jpg CollectionCoverDownload.jpg AddAllToBoxSetFull.jpg MovieThumbPreview_DetailsDescription.jpg MovieThumbPreviewView.jpg PlayRandomTrailers.jpg
    Click the images above for slideshow.​
    TMDb has been updated to latest API so fanart download is working again (hurray!) IMDb and many grabbers have been updated to support latest site changes and MyFilms features as well as improvements to NFO files both grabbing and writing from AMCUpdater.

There are major new features to display 'Online info' views (Popular, Now Playing etc) from TMDb website, several new trailers features, certification logos by country, auto scan/import movies, Box Sets/Groups/Collections management including downloading Collection covers from TMDb, Network Setup and a whole lot more!

For an overview of the major changes, See What's New > Version 6.1, or for a complete changelog see the MyFilms Issue Tracker.

The MyFilms wiki has also been updated with information on how to use all the new features!

Note: As a result of the skin changes (new skin xml required for downloading Collection covers from TMDb), the skin requires an update. If your skin has not been updated, the respective features won't be available.

Download (warning .net 4.5 required)
    via MediaPortal Extensions repository, or MPEI (Extensions Installer)
    Note: installer includes a new option to overwrite your MyFilmsLogos.xml config (to get new logos rules). If you do not use custom logos rules that you or your skin provides, please enable this option.
    Support
    Please read the Support guidelines before submitting Bug Reports and Feature Requests.

New Users
    New to MyFilms or MediaPortal? See Getting Started. If you have never used MediaPortal before -> MediaPortal Setup.
    Be sure to install Sample Movies DB to try out MyFilms setup/features!

Bugs

Before reporting any bugs, check the My Films wiki, My Films FAQ and the Issue Tracker (to see if it has already been reported/fixed).
    Make sure all necessary information is included in your report - remember, that My Films supports many very different use cases and it is impossible to get support without that info!
    Always include logs and steps to reproduce!

Feature Requests

New Feature requests are evaluated based on:
    • the number of users who request them, star them in the Issue Tracker, or will benefit from the feature
    • how much testing/support you provide to My Films
    • and of course the difficulty in adding and maintaining the feature
    Skin Support
    Warning:
    There are required skin changes for 6.1.0 See Skin Changes
    Default skin files are provided. For Titan skin files refer to the Titan Extended forum.

Skins fully supporting My Films 6.1
    @Skinners - Please send a PM to add your skin to the supported skin list.

Translations
    Warning:
    there are new strings that need to be translated. If you are able to update translations, or provide translations for new languages - see My Films 6 - Language (string) files/Translations. Thanks for your support !

Source Files
    All files are available on the next link :
    https://github.com/GuzziMP/my-films

Credits
    See the new About Tab in MyFilms Setup.
    Special thanks to Dadeo for his endless help ! Without him, this release wouldn't exist.

Last edited by a moderator:

bwg

Portal Pro
    December 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Can't say how glad I am to see the 6.1 release guys! I have 3 HTPC's all still running MP1.5 as I wasn't prepared to forego this great plugin - it is a must for me. Almost simultaneously we get news of MP1.8 Final. Let's just say this weekend will be busy! I use NFO scraping (NFO's created by Ember), so I will be messing around with the new scraper also to see what refinements there have been. I will be trying to clean up my certifications given the notes about the country specific scraping. Also looking forward to "play random movie" as we are incredibly indecisive when it comes to choosing. I will feed back how everything goes!

Thanks again for all the work, you need a medal.

PS: Anyone use Titan Extended skin got any feedback on whether all the new options in MF are supported yet? I am considering setting up aMPed skin, just because Dadeo maintains it :)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    thx bwg - in my install of Titan Extended (with MP 1.7.0) the dialog for downloading covers (MyFilmsDialogImageSelect.xml - ID 7997) IS included. But for some reason the dialog for updating data by multiple selected fields (MyFilmsDialogMultiSelect.xml - ID 7993) is not, and that was added in 6.0.0 :confused:

As for certification logos by country - that may take a while for skins to add as they have to create new images if they don't have them already and in some skins (like Titan) that don't use MyFilms logos rules for certification logos, they may need to update skin files/controls as well. However, you can always just add your country certification logos to Titan media\certification folder (overwriting any other country logos there if they exist). Obviously a skin can't do that as there are duplicate values, which is why we introduced a method to solve that in MF 6.1.0.

I have attached a zipped file of the certification logos I will use for aMPed (next release) in the Custom Logos/Artwork thread so you can add support to your skin yourself if your country is one of the 11 included in that zip file)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Please note: I updated all IMDB related grabbers since 6.1.0 release due to more changes on akas.imdb.com - gotta love Amazon :rolleyes:
    So be sure to update grabbers in Setup > Import Tab > Update grabber scripts.

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2008
    Ipswich
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Fantastic work guys, I can finally update. I have added one boxset to test with but how do I get the films listed in chronological order please??

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I assume by chronological order you mean sorted by date created/added? If so just sort by date (via main menu) in the list of films in your Box Set (ascending or descending as you prefer).
    You can select a different start view (including layout and sort) for Box Sets/Movie Groups on the Views tab in Setup. See Quick Start > Start Settings in wiki for more info. I usually set my groups to sort by year.

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2008
    Ipswich
    Home Country
    Thanks Dadeo, got that sorted. Knew it had to be somewhere but couldn't remember where I saw it. I have another issue now. I've created a Master setup on my laptop and saved all the files on my NAS and the laptop can add to the database fine. The issue is with my HTPC, I ask it to do the client setup and point it to the files on my NAS, it askes if I want to copy the file to which I say yes, it says it will now reload the file and then I get an error saying unable to copy the file and nothing happens. In short, I cannot seem to point my HTPC to the files on my NAS to pull through the setup I created on my laptop.

What am I doing wrong here??

Thanks in advance.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Guzzi is more expert at network setup as I don't use it. So your description is a bit too vague for me:
    it askes if I want to copy the file to which I say yes, it says it will now reload the file and then I get an error saying unable to copy the file
    Where are you? In Setup Wizard? Which file is it trying to copy/reload? If you can provide exact steps to reproduce I can try. Sometimes a quick snip tool screenshot of where you are in setup makes it clearer and easier to explain and follow.

I assume you checked out the Network Setup Guides? And used UNC paths?

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2008
    Ipswich
    Home Country
    Guzzi is more expert at network setup as I don't use it. So your description is a bit too vague for me:
    it askes if I want to copy the file to which I say yes, it says it will now reload the file and then I get an error saying unable to copy the file
    Where are you? In Setup Wizard? Which file is it trying to copy/reload? If you can provide exact steps to reproduce I can try. Sometimes a quick snip tool screenshot of where you are in setup makes it clearer and easier to explain and follow.

I assume you checked out the Network Setup Guides? And used UNC paths?

Yep, In Setup Wizard I have followed the steps to create a master setup and saved all the files to a directory on my NAS. I have then proceeded to add some sample files to the database and the master setup (my laptop) sees it all perfectly. I then move over to my HTPC and run the setup wizard again, this time choosing client setup and point it to the directory on my NAS that holds the myfilms.xml file. It then asks "Are you sure you want to copy remote config to local config" to which I say yes and then it says "Successfully copied remote config to local directory!" followed by "MyFilms Setup will now reload the updated MyFilms.xml config file" instant followed by "Cannot copy to local directory - cannot continue!". I've tried this with my Laptop as the master and the HTPC as the client and also the HTPC as the master and the Laptop as the client but nothing seems to work. I just can't figure it out :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom