My Films 6.1 released ! (30.06.2014) - V6.1.0.3107 (MP 1.6, 1.7 & 1.8) (1 Viewer)

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    HI @Guzzi, attached is the MyFilms from the Master setup which is saved on my NAS and also the MyFilms.xml that gets copied over in the Client setup. Hopefully you can see something that will identify the issue.

Thanks again for your help.
    Thanks for posting - I can reproduce it with those files - will come back when I had a look in the code (I know where it happens)...

Thanks @Guzzi, at least I know its not something I've done.
    Hi, you can test here if the issue is fixed for you.

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2008
    Ipswich
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks for posting - I can reproduce it with those files - will come back when I had a look in the code (I know where it happens)...

Hi @Guzzi, I've had a quick test before coming to work and I now don't get an error when it try's to reload the file however, it does show that I now have have one config file but it's not the correct one and all the paths in the artwork tab are missing. I will have a look again later as I think it's still reading an old file from somewhere. If it's reading the correct file, should it be reading my films from somewhere as nothing is showing up or have I got to create the movie database on each machine?

Thanks again.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Hi @Guzzi, I've had a quick test before coming to work and I now don't get an error when it try's to reload the file however, it does show that I now have have one config file but it's not the correct one and all the paths in the artwork tab are missing. I will have a look again later as I think it's still reading an old file from somewhere. If it's reading the correct file, should it be reading my films from somewhere as nothing is showing up or have I got to create the movie database on each machine?

Thanks again.
    Hi, in the config file you sent, there was a problem, it had 2 configs, but only counted one - so there seemed to happen something strange when you initially created it. Maybe it is easiest, you create a new one (delete it on a PC, that will create new one, if you run MF setup) and upload to your server.
    If you plan to use central config, you have to make sure all pathes you set use UNC pathes, that will be reachable from each machine (e.g. \\server\myfilms-share\DB\myfilmsdb.xml for the catalog file) - same for artwork pathes etc.
    When it's setup properly it is simply pulling that config file from server and all is ready to go - nothing else needs to be done on a "client machine".

BraX

Portal Member
    October 13, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi and thanks for that plugin update.

I have an error when I try to manually update fanart through AMCU :

ErrorEvent : la conversion de la chaîne "person artwork - " en type 'double' n'est pas valide.

Could you please tell me what I did wrong ?

Regards !

Last edited:

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007

ErrorEvent : la conversion de la chaîne "person artwork - " en type 'double' n'est pas valide.

Regards !
    Hi BraX, confirmed and fixed for next version.
    You might workaround that if you remove the path to person artwork in AMCU (it'll then skip loading person images, where this issue happens).
    Thanks for reporting!

BraX

Portal Member
    October 13, 2007
    Home Country
    France France

Regards !
    You might workaround that if you remove the path to person artwork in AMCU (it'll then skip loading person images, where this issue happens).
    Thanks for reporting!

Thanks for your fast answer. The workaround was efficient !

Once again thanks for that great plugin !

Cheers

Picard007

Portal Member
    June 27, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

my external PLayer (Total Media Theatre 6) didn´t work.
    The iso is mounted by Daemon Tools / Virtual Clone Drive but then no external PLayer was launched. (powerdvd - Totalmedia Theatre)

My Config in Myfilms: External PLayer: 1. Field: Path to Player / 2. Field: AUTOPLAY / 3. Field: iso

nothing happens (no UMCEPLAYER.exe was launched)

When i manualy start UMCEplayer.exe then the movie plays

Please Help

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Hello,

my external PLayer (Total Media Theatre 6) didn´t work.
    The iso is mounted by Daemon Tools / Virtual Clone Drive but then no external PLayer was launched. (powerdvd - Totalmedia Theatre)

My Config in Myfilms: External PLayer: 1. Field: Path to Player / 2. Field: AUTOPLAY / 3. Field: iso

nothing happens (no UMCEPLAYER.exe was launched)

When i manualy start UMCEplayer.exe then the movie plays

Please Help
    Hi Picard007, there is nothing we can do without logs - too many possible setups to guess... You might want to check, if it is related to this.

BraX

Portal Member
    October 13, 2007
    Home Country
    France France

Regards !
    Thanks for reporting!

Thanks for your fast answer. The workaround was efficient !

Once again thanks for that great plugin !

Cheers

Just a fast 'Thanks again'
    I'm so enjoying getting Fanart back in MyFilms/MePo !

B.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom