My Films 6 - Grabber Scripts/Interface (1 Viewer)

bwg

Portal Pro
December 25, 2007
Home Country
So I assume you use Translated Title as your main (master) title in MF config? If you use Original Title, and some EMM NFOs don't have one, those movies won't import right? But how do you know if the <title> is an alternate title/translation or the actual original title?
OK, I will have to go back check this again (I'd already checked it several times when trying to explain it the first time) :) I think the issue is that in EMM, "Original Title" is the optional one (blank) when movies get scraped automatically. However, when Ember writes the .nfo, it doesn't leave the <originaltitle> tag blank, it actually duplicates the value from the "Title" field, moving any leading articles "The", "A", "An", etc. to the end. In MyFilms/AMCUpdater, the .nfo grabber script looks for the <originaltitle> tag as the main movie title and the <title> tag as the translated title (I think). This is where the issue lies - if there's a leading article it has been moved to the end of the title, and that goes in as the main title, because EMM has mapped it to the <originaltitle> tag.

Hmmmm...It has just occurred to me while typing this that all I need to do is ensure that I duplicate the "Title" value to the "Original Title" field in Ember when scraping movies, instead of leaving it blank, to ensure that Ember does not automatically duplicate the value for me with the leading article moved to the end of the title. DUH :rolleyes:

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    all I need to do is ensure that I duplicate the "Title" value to the "Original Title" field in Ember when scraping movies
    Cool idea but can you do that? I only use EMM for testing but I never saw that option. I also didn't see any option NOT to write the title to oriiginal title. EMM does not have original titles in my records (in Edit move), but it does in NFO.

I also never had the leading articles (e.g. The) moved to the end. Is there some setting you use in EMM that does that? The only thing I saw was 'Sort Tokens to Ignore' in Settings > Movies but that did not alter the title in nfo. Are you sure the data is actually reformatted in the NFO? Is your config in MF using Original Title for master title or Formatted titile (which could cause the data to display that way in MF)?

Ofc you can reformat your data for MF using AMCU global updates - such as find all records where Translated Title matches Original Title and remove the Translated titles in the records where they are duplicated. But that means you have to do that all the time :( which is why I didn't suggest it. And won't work if original title is actually reformatted.

Let me know if it works out for you, or if there is some improvement we can make in MF NFO grabber to help.

BTW do you grab Producers in EMM? Did they import correctly to MF using NFO grabber?

Last edited:

catalpa

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, i think there are a little problems with the new nfo-grabber.
    In grabber options there is something like ".?" in the certification setup-string, i have remove it, after that it workes.
    The relative path for covers (/pictures) seems to be ignored. All pictures were stored in the catalog root.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    HI catalpa - the ".*?:" in Certification skips the country name - e.g. data="US: PG-13" > "PG-13" is grabbed. What program do you use to create the NFO files, and what options (if any) for Certifications? Can you post a sample NFO for me to test? Maybe you don't have a ':' between country name and Certification?

The relative path for covers (/pictures) seems to be ignored. All pictures were stored in the catalog root.
    I can't reproduce that - I just tested again to confirm covers stored in movie folder were correctly copied to relative \pictures subfolder. :confused:
    Can you post your MyFilmsAMCupdater.log so I can try and figure out why it didn't work for you?

catalpa

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The nfo files are from AMC.
    My workflow is a little complex :-D

(new Movie)
    1) google for the exact imdb-name
    2) make a new folder like "name (year)" on a SMB share and copy the movie
    3) look for a good cover and nice fanart on the web, copy it to the folder, rename it "folder.jpg" and "fanart.jpg"
    4) run AMC with IMDB scraper to catch the new movie, cover, fanart, description and comment are OFF
    5) run AMC with filmstars scraper to get german description and comment
    6) write new NFO file with nfo-grabber, cover&fanart are still off
    7) read NFO with nfo-grabber and cover&fanart ON, to import that files (cover_url modified)
    8) do some manual editing in AMC (Category, CustomField3, Tag)
    9) export all to nfo

This works fine for the last 100 (or so) movies, until i noticed that the movies pictures of the last weeks are not in
    //server/MyFilms/Catalog/picture, the are in //server/MyFilms/Catalog and the Certification of all films is empty :-/
    i search for n old xml with certifications and rewrite it to nfos, open the current xml and read the nfos. thar dont
    work until i remove the ".*?:".

I know the workflow is confused and i try it with ANT, but the fanart handling is bad and multi scraping is necessary too.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    OK thanks - You may have noticed I did not mention AMCU NFO in my post above, because there are some issues which I have added to tracker and Guzzi is aware that AMCU NFO does not conform fully with XBMC standard. Actually I am surprised it is working that well for you ;)

However, I will see if I can do something about certifications - it's not easy when the data written to the field is different in each app - and my regex skills are pretty basic but I'll try!

I haven't figured out the issue with your pictures/covers yet. Everything looks fine in the files you Pm'ed to me.- it shows the pictures location as\pictures sub folder of your catalog folder. Just to confrim - you do NOT see your covers in either MF or ANT?

If you revert to previous version of NFO grabber, does it store the cover in the correct folder? AFAIK NFO grabber doesn't determine the picture location, it just grabs it from the movie folder, and copies it to your coverart folder (set in Artwork Settings) so you can see it in AMC and MF GUI.

catalpa

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    >folder of your catalog folder. Just to confrim - you do NOT see your covers in either MF or ANT?
    sorry, i don't explane good: i CAN see the Pics in MyFilms! The old in /Pictures AND the new
    in ./Catalog! But they may don't be there! They should be in /Pictures!

Last edited:

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    OK gotcha - 'old' and 'new are probably both still cached (in \Thumbs\MyFilms\ThumbsCache\MyFilms_Movies). But since you can view the new ones stored in ./Catalog IIUC that means MyFilms is looking there and caching them - i.e not using your relative path /Pictures.
    If you could post MyFilms.log, MyFIlmsAMCU.log, and your MyFilms.xml config file @Guzzi might be able to figure out why.

bwg

Portal Pro
    December 25, 2007
    Home Country
    BTW do you grab Producers in EMM? Did they import correctly to MF using NFO grabber?
    I had not been grabbing producer in Ember. I have just enabled it and it seems that the grabber script does not pick it up. The script is looking for the tag "<producer>", however Ember records the tag for writers, producers, etc. in the following (strange) format;
    <credits>John Ridley (writer)</credits>
    <credits>Solomon Northup (writer)</credits>
    <credits>Dede Gardner (producer)</credits>
    <credits>producer (producer)</credits>
    <credits>Anthony Katagas (producer)</credits>
    <credits>Jeremy Kleiner (producer)</credits>
    <credits>Steve McQueen (producer)</credits>
    <credits>Arnon Milchan (producer)</credits>
    <credits>Brad Pitt (producer)</credits>
    <credits>Bill Pohlad (producer)</credits>
    <credits>John Ridley (producer)</credits>
    <credits>executive producer (producer)</credits>
    <credits>Tessa Ross (producer)</credits>
    <credits>Bianca Stigter (producer)</credits>
    <credits>associate producer (producer)</credits>

As well as meaning the grabber finds nothing for producer, this also means that it adds all the producers as writers, since the grabber looks for the tag "<credits>" for writer/s. I think I will leave this one alone, as my REGEX skills (or lack of) are not up to the task o_O

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    The script is looking for the tag "<producer>",
    Yes the 'main' producers definition in grabber does, BUT I used Generic 3 to grab EMM format and map it to Producers if it is empty ;)
    It worked for me - did you try grabbing or just using the Grabber Editor? In Grabber Editor you need to check the 'mapped' fields:
    Capture.JPG

Writers is similar - grabber grabs only the writers from <credits> in EMM format using Generic2 - but in this case it overwrites the <credits> data . So if you are looking in Grabber Editor, you have to check the field for Writer mapped (53).

If that's not working for you, can you post a sample nfo for me to test and use to fix it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom