My IP TV Plugin (1 Viewer)

overture

Portal Pro
January 3, 2006
Bangor
Home Country
So it will not be based on playing through WMP (hopefully not, since it can't play thre streams I refered to)

The 'g_Player' object provided by the 'MediaPortal.Player' namespace will be used to stream the mutimedia streams. Not sure what the background is on this object.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Ok. Thanks for the follow-up. Looking forward to this plug-in regardless of the possibility to stream above mentioned addresses.

juan pablo

Portal Member
    October 11, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Overture,

Let me know what the plan is please. It seems youre a lot more educated on the requirements of this project so you shout the orders and ill do as im told. ;) ;) :D

moiristo

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2006
    Enschede
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

I like the idea for a generic myIPTV plugin, which may incorporate the wwiTV.com plugin, the IPTV@UT plugin (although that was is somewhat different), the UitzendingGemist plugin and other online streams. You could for example make a main page which contains logo's of those sites from which you can choose. A configuration dialog with checkboxes would be convenient to specify which sites should be shown on when starting the plugin. Please take a look at the uitzendinggemist (v2) plugin to see what I mean.

The wwiTV plugin has been created from the uitzendinggemist plugin, so I think I could be of help in creating this. Please PM me if you've created an architecture for this. The mini-plugin idea sounds nice, it should work like the normal plugins: throw them in a directory and you're ready to go :cool:

Globoxrocks

Portal Pro
    December 30, 2006
    wwitv

i made some changes to the wwitv plugin maybe someone wants to test it.

- I added for instance categories.
    - always startsup with favorites

arbix

August 11, 2006
    Keeping with the spirit of the original topic for this thread, is anyone looking into a plugin to allow MP to be used with Akimbo service. After some research, it looks like Akimbo is the primary player in IPTV. Service is $9.99/month but a user would have to either purchase a set top box (about $200) or download some free software that allows using of the service with a Windows Media Center PC for no additonal charge (just the monthly). Is there any way we can implement this WMC software for MP so that we can use Akimbo service?

Check out http://www.akimbo.com/order.html

overture

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2006
    Bangor
    Home Country
    Overture,

Let me know what the plan is please. It seems youre a lot more educated on the requirements of this project so you shout the orders and ill do as im told. ;) ;) :D

Hi Juan Pablo!

I might not be free until February now - I've just moved into a new house and my computers are still in my old house and the internet isn't working either. It'll be a while before I have everything moved and set up. I will give you a shout when I'm up and running.

Phil

moiristo

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2006
    Enschede
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Everyone still alive? Anyway, I'm trying to create a plugin that loads plugins from plugins/windows/iptv/. The directory just contains window plugins as you would normally make it (Implemented form ISetupForm, GUIWindow..) The plugin calls GetHome on these plugins and fills a facadeview with the found plugin data. On selecting an item from the facade, it activates the plugin.

It is a very simple idea, but there are a few obstacles that I have to solve. Moreover, I don't know for sure whether this is a good approach, since a working version would allow any windowplugin to be listed in the facade (maybe I should use a custom interface?). Tell me what you (developers ;)) think about this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom