My Keys Plugin (1 Viewer)

AllenConquest

Portal Pro
January 9, 2005
London, UK
I wonder if it's anything to do with the remote then, but all other switching is fine in MP.

mPod

Out of interest why was this implemented as a plugin, and not in the same way as the rest of the MP shortcuts ? There is presumably some difference in the way these work, and therefore switching times will not necessarily be the same anyway.

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
AllenConquest said:
It seems to take quite a long time to switch to the desired selection (enough to make me wonder if it's actually worked, and press the button again). Is this a limitation of the way it's implemented, or is there a way to speed this up ?

This is the way MP handles these things. On first call it's a bit slower then following calls. If you use the menu, the delays are the same. So nothing I can do about it. And... on my PC it's fast enough that I don't think I didn't press the correct button. Ah yes, and the sound feedback tells you, that a key is selected.

AllenConquest said:
When I mentioned other areas I was thinking of the Search on the myTV. The reason I say this is because the iMon RSC remote has a Find button and I thought I could map it to that menu. However on second thought, I mapped it to the EPG. However, what would be a nice feature would be to combine the Search and EPG into one screen, or at least allow you to search the EPG from the EPG screen. But I guess that is a feature request, and not part of your plugin.

If you want to, I could implement a key to jump to the search. It seems to be possible. But, as I said before, think twice if you really need it, the plugin should not get overloaded with keys. And, what is even more important, the keys may not have a function in MP, including "Yes" / "No" shortcuts. As the shortcuts are different in every language, you can run easily into trouble. The keys have to be free as I don't see any possibility for now to "steal" MP the keystrokes. The two routines listen "simultaneously". Hope that makes some things clearer.
In a future version, you might be able to assign the keys manually. For now it's been hard-coded.

hakuna

Portal Pro
October 15, 2004
Gothenburg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
mPod said:
If enabled, this plugin adds some keyboard shortcuts for jumping directly to the following screens:

It would be really nice with a keystroke that automagically starts playing party mix music!

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
hakuna said:
It would be really nice with a keystroke that automagically starts playing party mix music!

I'll have a look at it. But it needs some more code (similar to the DVD feature) to jump to party mode, so don't expect it to be implemented immediately.

AllenConquest

Portal Pro
January 9, 2005
London, UK
I just found one big drawback that sort of makes this plugin difficult to use. If you type anything from the keyboard this can get interpretted as a shortcut keypress. So for example, I'm trying to search the EPG for a program and enter it's name. If the name happens to have an 'i' the program displays the 'i' in the text input box, then switches to My Music :shock:

Maybe this thread http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5228&highlight=spacebar is also a symptom of the same thing.

I hope you can find a way around this problem.

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
The next version of Gucky's Home Plugin will contain these shortcut functions, but highly customizable. That's why any work on the My Keys Plugin will be suspended for now. Let's see if he'll get that new version in the CVS until this weekend. It's something you can be really looking forward to.

A

Anonymous

My Keys

GREAT PLUGIN !!

since I use MP, I have missed such a feature !!

it works fine

Thanks

xavier

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2004
    Venice
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    How to enable the hotkeys in the Gucky's Home plugin ?

In the latest CVS the "Menu Shortcuts" panel is always not editable...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom