My Keys Plugin (1 Viewer)

jadz

Portal Pro
August 30, 2004
Canada
I would assume that this will be implemented though actions so that other input devices and skins etc will be able to use them?

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    jadz said:
    I would assume that this will be implemented though actions so that other input devices and skins etc will be able to use them?

Yes, confirmed by Gucky. That is how he plans to do it.

tomtom

Coruba67

Portal Member
    April 16, 2005
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hey would it be possible to get some hot keys for changing channell group?

In Oz, we have 4 main TV stations - 2,7,9 and 10.... each one of these are in a group and each station has about 5 channels each... BUT.... all of these channels (per station) show exactly the same thing at the moment, ie. all station 7's channels are the same then all 9's are the same and so on... I guess they are just getting ready for the 2008 change over or something.

Anyway to navigate from channel 7 to channel 10 you have to go through about 10 channels all showing the same thing and each channel change takes some time - so this is a lengthy process.... So was just wondering if we could throw in a hot key to jump to the next group?

PS. this plugin is already rockin, lovin MP!!

eagle

Portal Pro
    September 25, 2004
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Coruba67

create a new group "Favourite" and put the channels in. Place the new group on the top of your groups and you will get easy access to your favourite channels :)

eagle

arnonm

Portal Member
    February 23, 2005
    Subtitles

How about a key shortcut to cycle through the Subtitles on a DVD. Currently you need to open the OSD which is a pain. Pressing this key would cycle through lang1, 2, 3, off, 1...

Arnon

Mr.Mitchell

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2004
    the Netherlands
    Re: Subtitles

arnonm said:
    How about a key shortcut to cycle through the Subtitles on a DVD. Currently you need to open the OSD which is a pain. Pressing this key would cycle through lang1, 2, 3, off, 1...

Arnon
    I made such an update for the MP code, but it doesn't always work right, which is the reason I didn't put it up on SF yet.

I made this behaviour for Audio and Subtitle streams, but it depends on what DVD you are playing and the Navigator that you use if it works OK.

Example: for some DVD's you get 4 audiostreams, but setting for example 3rd stream does not work (no errors or whatsoever, it just doesn't work). That made the cycle key break (and thus useless), the cycle would get stuck on audiostream 2 cause it could never go to 3. From the 5 DVD's I tried only 1 worked flawless, the other had issues :-(. I found that succesrate too low to actually submit a patch with this.

maju

Portal Member
    February 27, 2005
    Thx for republishing it!

Two things:

1. The keys are fixed and cannot be changed. Is it possible to make this configurable? Maybe with a "mykeys.xml"? I currently changing the keys by hacking the dll :wink:

2. Would be nice to add more "destinations" like EPG, etc. Also standard destinations like "up", "down", etc would be very nice. So i have not to change the standard keymap.xml and I can use standard actions like "up" by two different keys (standard + my configuration).

Martin

BTW: Sourcecode is available?

A

Anonymous

problem...

Hi, the plugin is very nice! I use it with my firefly remote and all work fine but...with the msn messenger plugin they have problem. If we type to a user a message and they have a t in the word they go on tv section. It is possible to desactivate it in msn messenger plugin?

ssubo

Portal Member
    January 15, 2005
    Problem with TV Fullscreen Key

Every key seems to be working ok, I'm using MP 0.1.1.0 because I can't make the newers work. When I press T it seems that the TV fullscreen comes on and dissapears. However, if I press t, I go to the not fullscreen TV menu, and from there if I press T I get the fullscreen. Any ideas on how to make T (fullscree video) work from any other screen (home, videos, etc)?

Thanks a lot!

Ssubo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom