My Keys Plugin (1 Viewer)

cheetah05

Portal Pro
April 9, 2006
London
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi there,

I still cant get this to work. I have enabled the plugin, when on the home screen i press "w" for weather, nothing happens, same for "t" for tv and same for all the other keys.

I am on version 2.1.0.0.

have i set it up wrong or something?

Thanks.

DonBogo

Portal Pro
July 26, 2006
Home Country
Italy Italy
Success

I've tried the plugin and works fine with my iMon remote! Really easy and fast!
(Just not sure now that I can distisguish uppercase and lowercase letters with the iMon remote configuration tool).
So, immediately a wish: :p Configurable keys, better if it's possible to use also combination like ALT+T

if a quickly jump from for example to MyTV then MyPictures then MyMusic etc. then pressing the escaoe button I have to cycle again everything...... is it possible to avoid this in any future release ?
However it's very usefull the "MyHome" quick button ;)

Thanks mPod and all the best to everybody !

knutinh

Portal Pro
September 4, 2005
I think that this plugin should be included with MP in the regular distro.

I also think that a revamped keyboard section would be great. Id like a "one to many" and "many to one" funcionality:

In some screens, "F9" may lead you into the menu, while in others it may be some other. Id like the possibility to route whatever is labeled as "menu" to any and all keys, or maybe depending on what module I am in.

In other cases, I may have a remote, HTPC-case frontpanel buttons and wireless keyboard that Id like to use simultaneously. And if they are all set to different mappings, it would be helpful if one logical function could be trigged by several different keystrokes (given that none of those mappings overlap).

If this was done, it would be possible to let all remotes work in their factory state, and just distribute small config files with MP for mapping any remote to usable functions in MP. A great bonus for new users.

-k

ohb

April 11, 2006
Great plugin but...

I have used this great plugin for some time now and it makes my iMon remote work like a charm but... I have experinced problems, like others, when typing in e.g. search boxes. When typing anything containing one of the hotkeys the jump is executed and the searchbox is still on screen. I have avoided typing up til now, but with the new Wikipedia plugin the problem once again arises. Any chanse of a solution/workaround?

Thank you mPod and a Happy New Year to all of you

styriaman

Portal Pro
September 13, 2004
Austria/Styria
Hi mPod,

I've troubles using the "T" to enter fullscreen - it doesn't work in my setup with Version SVN Build 12618. The home screen flashes like a state change but nothing happens. The "t" to enter My TV works.

Other question - Is it possible to enhance the plugin - so that it optionally starts TV fullscreen after resume from suspend/hibernate - so that MP displays the last programm after (re)start ?

Thanks

Joe

bfj

Portal Pro
January 3, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi mPod,

I've troubles using the "T" to enter fullscreen - it doesn't work in my setup with Version SVN Build 12618. The home screen flashes like a state change but nothing happens. The "t" to enter My TV works.

I'm getting the exact same thing, all the other shortcuts works however. Strangely enough I'm pretty sure when I first started using My Keys the 'T' worked fine but after a couple days its not.

bfj

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Is this plugin still being supported? I use it today with my iMon remote and it is great,

But I have two problems:
    1. The same as above. "t" key works but not "T". I use the TVServer and latest SVN. Is it possible to fix this?`

2. Is it also possible to enable the shortcut for My DVD?

Best Regards
    cul8er

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom