My manual on how to update an Alphacrypt cam with DVB-C (1 Viewer)

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    How do you update an alphacrypt (classic) cam .. there are only 2 ways..

1 by satelitesignal.. using pid 00546 , which you dont have with dvb-c.. (or ask a friend with Satelite to plug in your cam for an update)
    2 with a laptop with win2000 or XP with PMCIA connector.
    3 no other way ;) and no .. not the CI tool included with Firetools either, it wont work!

How to update to 3.19
    Download http://www.alphacrypt.de/fileadmin/download/Bedienungsanleitungen/AlphaCryptUpdate3_19_Classic.zip
    unpack the zip ..
    plugin the cam WITHOUT SMARTCARD in your laptop PMCIA slot.
    When the found new hardware wizard pops up Choose:
    INSTALL FROM LIST OR SPECIFIC LOCATION and click next
    IN the next screen choose DONT SEARCH option .. and point to the unpacked driver
    When cam is found and driver installed run the update314.exe ..

Note:
    CAM is recognized in DEVICE MANAGER as SMART CARD READER , most people dont think of a CAM like that but it actually is a smartcardreader :D

When your cam is not recognized you need to do a lot .. :(
    Download this file http://devel.mascom.de:8080/cms1/fileadmin/user_upload/Dateien/Bedienungsanleitungen/xp_pcmcia_patch.zip
    unpack to a location you can remember..
    copy the INF file to c:\windows\inf (and NOT the sys file to system32\drivers as stated in the german manual )
    Go to devicemanager.. choose on both pmcia slots " update driver" DONT SEARCH and choose standard card bus controller (the inf you just copyed )
    it will ask where the sys file is located, point it to wherever you unpacked the zip, windows will copy the sys to system32\drivers for you..
    after that.. cold reboot..
    when powered on with the desktop in front of your face.. insert the cam ..
    and point to the win2000xp folder from the update package..
    now it will be recognized, and you can run the update package.

if in case you still get the !!!! in front of the cam in devicemanager..
    disable networkcontrollers, comports, lpt ports , there probably on the same hex adres (#0320)
    reboot ..
    and do it again ..

Done..

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi
    I just followed your instructions, but it does not work for me.
    I do not get a "!" in device manager, but the Cam is simply not detected... no Hardwaremanager, nothing to install either...

any hints?

cheers

joystick

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi
    I do not get a "!" in device manager, but the Cam is simply not detected... no Hardwaremanager, nothing to install either...

any hints?

cheers

joystick

Same error. Followed the complete guide, but can't install the CAM (the exclamation mark).
    Error 10.

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi

any hints?

cheers

joystick
    Are you absolutely sure there is no "SMART CARD READER" item listed under device manager (that is what the cam will show up like, maybe you didnt expect that it would be named like that ?)

Same error. Followed the complete guide, but can't install the CAM (the exclamation mark).
    Error 10.
    You have a different error, you do have the ! ... please try and disable virusscanner also, networkcards, internal modems , comports, .. then reboot.. and stick the cam in when it has booted completely..

I must admit.. i had a hardtime getting it to work also , but kept on going and finally it worked .. far from perfect, this procedure.. but cant do much about it..

p.s. I only got the cam recognized in the upper PMCIA slot.. not on the bottom one.. weird...

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Are you absolutely sure there is no "SMART CARD READER" item listed under device manager (that is what the cam will show up like, maybe you didnt expect that it would be named like that ?)
    You are right, there is an item like that...., I was confused, because I have a SD-Card Reader in the Laptop.
    Well, the thing is, it is still visible in the device manager, even though the cam is not inserted....?
    I will give it another try tonight... and tell you my findings

thx!!!!

cheers
    joystick

I just found out, that my Laptop actually HAS a smartcard reader....:)... that's why it showed up like that, but there was no additional entry for the alphacrypt...
    anyway, I will try it again....

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    worked like a charm.....

great!!

thanks very much, man!

cheers

joystick

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Fuck MASCOM... this is the worst software I have ever seen. It won't work even if I disable ALL devices not necessary for booting into Windows (ie Harddrive, Monitor etc...). Also the "alternate" driver doesn't do anything good. The CAM-Module is shown with exclamation mark ALL the time. I cannot believe I bothered with this update for three hours without success... this is nothing personal so don't be offended. I tried to update and followed MASCOMs instructions. After an hour of trial and error I looked in the MP-Forum and found this thread. Still no progress... I can't express in words how angry I am right now...

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Fuck MASCOM... this is the worst software I have ever seen. It won't work even if I disable ALL devices not necessary for booting into Windows (ie Harddrive, Monitor etc...). Also the "alternate" driver doesn't do anything good. The CAM-Module is shown with exclamation mark ALL the time. I cannot believe I bothered with this update for three hours without success... this is nothing personal so don't be offended. I tried to update and followed MASCOMs instructions. After an hour of trial and error I looked in the MP-Forum and found this thread. Still no progress... I can't express in words how angry I am right now...
    I agree with the worst software .. even the manual is wrong in the package.. .. It took me some time aswell to get it running, this manual is the only thing I could do to ease the pain ..
    But have had people that got it working, and others dont.. cant help that..

Hint: Installing windows 98 SE and then running the update would take less time :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom