My Movies Database and My Films (1 Viewer)

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
I tried using Ant Movie Catalog and everything shows up correctly in MyMovies but now when I try to play the movie, nothing happens. No errors or anything. Any idea ??
Which version of MP and MyFilms do you use ?

Johan

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hello,

I'm trying to use my "My Movies" database with "My Films" plug-in. I exported the XML file from "My Movies" and configured My Film to use it. All my movies show up in MP but I can't play them. Whenever I click on them I get an error.

My understanding is that in My Film configuration, I have to specify the file location in "Ant Item for Storage File Info" but how can I do that when I have 50+ movies ??? Do I have to type all that in manually and update everytime I add a new movie ????? Is there any other way of doing it or am I doing something wrong ?

That is unfortunately true. MyMovies are intended to specify a movie folder and then the movie files in the folder are assumed to be one movie and played in alphabetically order (for example two files movie1.avi and movie2.avi will be played one after another as one). You can manually select a specific movie file but to get autoupdate of movies in MyMovies this is the only way to make it and another option will not be added or supported by MyMovies team.

Unfortunately the folder function is not at the moment supported by MyFilms.
I know it has been pointed out before but I am not sure if this will be implemented in future MyFilms version or which kind of priority it has. I assume it will be added if Zebons have the time or feels he should work more towards MyMovies support. This plugin was basically made for ANT so I think it is only a great feature more databases are supported. Let's hope for the best :)

Aronacus

Portal Member
March 16, 2008
hmm

Ok,

You need to say what your error is when you go to play. is it that it can't find the disc? If thats the error you need to set the my films config to source. if your file information is in source. if its URL then change it to URL. Don't forget to export your ant movie catalog after completing it to xml then importing that into my films.

ajamils

Portal Pro
May 4, 2008
Ok,

You need to say what your error is when you go to play. is it that it can't find the disc? If thats the error you need to set the my films config to source. if your file information is in source. if its URL then change it to URL. Don't forget to export your ant movie catalog after completing it to xml then importing that into my films.

As i mentioned in my last post, there is NO error. I keep clicking on the "Play" button but nothing happens.

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
I tried using Ant Movie Catalog and everything shows up correctly in MyMovies but now when I try to play the movie, nothing happens. No errors or anything. Any idea ??

As the man said, which version of MP and MyFilms

I'm using MediaPortal RC1 and MyFilm version 4.5

With MP RC1 you HAVE to use the SVN based version of MyFilms.

ajamils

Portal Pro
May 4, 2008

As the man said, which version of MP and MyFilms

I'm using MediaPortal RC1 and MyFilm version 4.5

With MP RC1 you HAVE to use the SVN based version of MyFilms.

Sorry for my ignorance but what is SVN ?

Aronacus

Portal Member
March 16, 2008
SVN

SVN basically stands for a developmental version of it.

ajamils

Portal Pro
May 4, 2008
Downloaded the latest dll (SVN version) and now everything seems to be working. Thanks a lot of all the help :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom