My Music - need your thoughts on how to improve and enhance (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts USA
    Re: patch submitted for one of my issues

JulianBuss said:
    SteveV,

to keep you updated: on page 31 of this thread I wrote about two requests for the music part of MP.
    I managed to look in to MP source code and solved the first request myself: creating thumbs for all genres and artists. I added some code in the music database update part of the configuration.

Please see sourceforce patch 1529227 for new code. I hope I did everything right with the patch; it's my first contribution to MP code :)

I will check if I can solve my seconds request (filtering a view without having to see the filtered level) in the next days.

Hi Julian,

Sorry for the delayed reply and thanks for the patch. Unfortunately, I'm off on vacation for the two weeks beginning tomorrow and am frantically trying to finish up some job related stuff before I leave. So it's pretty unlikely I'll have a chance to look at your code before then :(

I'll be happy to look at it when I get back or maybe one of the other devs can jump in and have a look.

Thanks again!

Steve

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi Julian,

i've included your patch in the latest SVN.
    thanks for your support.

regards,

Helmut

zombiepig

Portal Pro
    March 21, 2005
    Melb, Aus
    Home Country
    will there be a way of disabling the genre coverart? reason i ask - mp seems to take quite a while to scroll through lists when there's a thumbnail present. so for me, the album view takes forever to scroll through, but the artist/genre/etc views with no thumbnails scroll through perfectly. :wink:

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    EqualRightsForWerewolves said:
    will there be a way of disabling the genre coverart? reason i ask - mp seems to take quite a while to scroll through lists when there's a thumbnail present. so for me, the album view takes forever to scroll through, but the artist/genre/etc views with no thumbnails scroll through perfectly. :wink:

Well there is the option "Use Coverart embedded in MP3s for thumbnails", which turns it of completely.

Or are you asking for just turning it off for Genre / Artist?
    If you have a performance problem in scrolling with tumbnails, then you'd probably should not use it anyhow

zombiepig

Portal Pro
    March 21, 2005
    Melb, Aus
    Home Country
    i'm talking about the genre/artist thumbnails. And the slowdown doesn't only occur in icon views - it basically occurs whenever a list item has a corresponding picture. so if i'm scrolling through my albums in a list view, going to a new page takes quite a while to load, as opposed to scrolling through the (currently no picture) artist view.
    but i'm willing to accept the slow scrolling in album views because it means i get coverart in the now playing view, and with music overlays.
    so my question is - can i disable the pictures for genre/artist, and make it work like it does now? or if i delete the files from the thumbs\music\genre folder, would that have the same effect? :?

(does my whole post even make sense..? i think i've worded it terribly :p)

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    yes, deleting them from the thumbs\music\genre folder will have the same affect.
    i don't want to introduce a new switch in the config. It's just to confusing maybe for other users.

zombiepig

Portal Pro
    March 21, 2005
    Melb, Aus
    Home Country
    ok - deleting is fine :)
    only other question i have is, does the new patch affect anything if the user already has a thumbnail for that genre/artist in the thumbs folder?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom