My Music - need your thoughts on how to improve and enhance (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

knutinh

Portal Pro
September 4, 2005
I was the topic starter of that thread.

I imagined some simple option, "export playlist to CD" "export playlist to connected iPOD".

Dunno if that is the functionality users want, but then a minimum of MP gui would be needed. The user has to assemble songs as a regular playlist, and a routine dumps that playlist (as audio) to a C or iPOD as long as there is available space.

-k

eagle

Portal Pro
September 25, 2004
Unterfranken
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi knutinh,

as far as I remember, this will be implemented into myBurner. Take a look into the thread in plugin-section

eagle

fathead

Portal Pro
March 17, 2005
Is SteveV's new music tag system now added into the SVN releases? Does this replace the old/existing tag reader or is it currently additional?

garion

Portal Member
January 20, 2006
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi there long time no see.

I have a Question. Is there a special reason, that songs which are played from a previusly saved playlist, don't end up in the "top100" view.. there are only songs listed which i manualy started.

cu
garion

nzsp

Portal Member
May 16, 2006
Calgary, Canada
Hi,

It was suggested I place this question is this thread....

I have a question about how music tag fields are handled, namely the use of "artist" versus "album artist". This is, I'm afraid, another "I used to this in Meedio... can I do it in MP?" question.

I have a number of compiliation albums. The tracks are all tagged as having "Various artists" as the "album-artist" field, and e.g. "Madonna", "AC/DC" etc. as the artist field for each track.

Currently in the MP configuration I cannot find a way to differentiate between the two. The Meedio confugration used to refer to the "artist" field as "artist" and the "album artist" field as "Band". This allowed sorting by band and artist etc. It also meant that a track within a compilation album would show the correct individual artist as the track artist.

In MP it seems to read the "album-artist" tag field as the MP artist. So every track within a compliation album comes up as having "Various artists" as the artist.

I tried re-scanning my music files with and without the "treat files in the same folder as an album " box checked, and that made no difference.

Is there a way to fix this currently in MP? Is the MP music database limited to a single artist field?

I couldn't tell if the new tag reader will help in this regard or not.

Many thanks,
Steve

HappyTalk

Portal Pro
July 16, 2006
UK
Hi there I would like to see the possibility of A..Z indexing for Music Views (movies also). Currently with a large collection of music it is impossible to use the songs view as it takes a minute to load up, and other views just have too many entries.

All we really need is an extra column called 'index' added to 'configuration|music|Music Views'. Or alternatively add an Index field option to the already exisiting Operat column to facilitate this (after Like). Instead of Index you could use 'GROUP By' if sticking to SQL so we get
Code:
Select UPPER(SUBSTR(strArtist,1,1)) as IX FROM artist GROUP BY IX
though that doesn't group 0..9 under 0 which is desireable as there are never enough 0..9's to need individual numbers (i.e using WHERE IX > '9' to strip them out).

I have described it in greater detail here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=9532

thanks

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi there long time no see.

I have a Question. Is there a special reason, that songs which are played from a previusly saved playlist, don't end up in the "top100" view.. there are only songs listed which i manualy started.

cu
    garion

I've added extra logging there but garion found out that his playlist wasn't exported with correct case paths. It's also very important for the MP share to provide the 100% identical path.

garion

Portal Member
    January 20, 2006
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi

Jup was my fault.

Be aware that the path stored in the database has to be exactly the same as in the playlistfiles.
    Special notice it IS case sensitiv!!!!

So if you build playlist outside fo MP like me, watch out for that.

greets
    Garion

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi there I would like to see the possibility of A..Z indexing for Music Views (movies also). Currently with a large collection of music it is impossible to use the songs view as it takes a minute to load up, and other views just have too many entries.

All we really need is an extra column called 'index' added to 'configuration|music|Music Views'. Or alternatively add an Index field option to the already exisiting Operat column to facilitate this (after Like). Instead of Index you could use 'GROUP By' if sticking to SQL so we get
    Code:
    Select UPPER(SUBSTR(strArtist,1,1)) as IX FROM artist GROUP BY IX
    though that doesn't group 0..9 under 0 which is desireable as there are never enough 0..9's to need individual numbers (i.e using WHERE IX > '9' to strip them out).

I have described it in greater detail here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=9532

thanks

HappyTalk, i've run some tests. seems to work pretty well.
    expect something in SVN by tommorow.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom