My Music - need your thoughts on how to improve and enhance (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Canberra
Home Country
is it possible to fix up the visualisation fullscreen?, i have my vis which is goom in wmp 10 running at 1024 however in MP it looks like the resolution is not running anywhere near that and everything is graining and ugly. Seems like it just stretches the thumbnail view to fullscreen or something instead of running in fullscreen

Program.X

Portal Pro
October 25, 2005
Ramsey, Isle of Man
After using My Music for a week now, I have come up with the following ideas:

• When looking at a list of tracks, can we have the currently playing track in the list highlighted in some way?
  • The scrolling bit of text at the bottom left has limited use, tbh. To find out what is playing, I have to wait for the album, artist and duration to scroll by. I understand limited space is available, but why not move it to somewhere wider. I guess that other components would also benefit from this.
  • Make it faster, or at least indicate that something is happening
  • Make use of the cursor keys to quickly navigate screens. I also find it frustrating searching for tracks. Having to Page Down hundreds of tracks is frustrating and slow!

Otherwise, excellent work!
Can't wait to see the improvements. The full-screen MTV-like banners and visualisations look really exciting.
[/list]

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Program.X said:
    <snipped>
    • The scrolling bit of text at the bottom left has limited use, tbh. To find out what is playing, I have to wait for the album, artist and duration to scroll by. I understand limited space is available, but why not move it to somewhere wider. I guess that other components would also benefit from this.
    <snipped>

I so agree with this suggestion. I know it would take some programming but it would be great to allow a portion of the bottom of each screen (not while showing video of course) to allow the display of what is playing (text and album cover), actual time, and weather to be displayed on each MP skin screen. Also if recording is happening that info also. Then I'm sure some people wouldn't like it so why not allow it to be configurable?

Mike

knutinh

Portal Pro
    September 4, 2005
    Program.X said:
    After using My Music for a week now, I have come up with the following ideas:
    When looking at a list of tracks, can we have the currently playing track in the list highlighted in some way?

I second that! It is weird to have the music playing but no feedback on what track is playing...

Visualisations are just a pain in my view. CD covers are ok, thou

my .02

Knut

pr2030

January 13, 2006
    WMP 10 playlists

It would be nice if it understood WMP 10 playlists (i.e. could read the wmp database).

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: WMP 10 playlists

pr2030 said:
    It would be nice if it understood WMP 10 playlists (i.e. could read the wmp database).

Take a look at this webpage. This guy has developed Shuffler, it is a Windows-based open source application written under the GNU license to deal with automated file loading/shuffling to MSC-compliant devices. He says that information pertaining to the Windows Media Player Playlist Exporter including docs on setting up Shuffler to work with the utility called (Windows Media Player Play List Exporter (or WMPPLEXP for short) .

Mike

esoteradactyl

Portal Member
    January 4, 2006
    ive noticed something kind of screwed up.. if you choose to view your music by album and then switch your view to icons, big icons, etc.. it wil not remember those settings after you exit the my music section. it always defaults back to list view with a icon.. sorta strange since its 2 different views combined into one...

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts USA
    The new cover art grabber is done and should be available with the latest CVS snapshot.

Usage: <F9> or right click on an album, artist, or share and select "Find coverart" from the context menu.

Also, I have updated the ever growing list :shock: (see the first post) to include the additional suggestions since the last update. Next on my todo:

2b.) Add Now Playing view

42.) Options for enable/disable visualizaton/cover flipping on music overlay

50.) BUG: When My Music is first loaded MP initially displays incorrect view state (View: List) on view button when music views are edited and set to anything other than List view.

Steve

garion

Portal Member
    January 20, 2006
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi i also have a smal sugestion.

My files have the following structure.

Tracknumber - Artist - Songname

01 - myartist - mysongname

When i switch to the show al songs view, it sorts it like that

01 - myartist1 - mysongname1
    01 - myartist2 - mysongname1
    01 - myartist3 - mysongname1
    02 - myartist1 - mysongname2
    02 - myartist2 - mysongname2
    02 - myartist3 - mysongname2

Is there a chance to insert a option so the list is build form the titel tag only.

The idea is to have an alphabetical list of all songNAMES followed by the artist like:

songa - artistname
    songb - artistname

If this option is allready there... sorry i was unable to find it.

Also sorry for the bad english, i'm german :eek:)

Greetings
    Garion

edit:

Also an indexview a
    b
    c
    might come in handy for lager collections.
    :edit

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom