My Music - need your thoughts on how to improve and enhance (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Confusedpenguin

Portal Member
December 20, 2005
UK
SteveV said:
The new cover art grabber is done and should be available with the latest CVS snapshot.

<..snip...>

Steve

Love the new cover art grabber, it's excellent and works very well. Does it just stick a folder.jpg file in the folder, or does it embed the art in the tags also?

Keep up the good work mate.

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts USA
    Glad you like it. As it is now, it saves a folder.jpg image in the album folder (assuming you have selected that option) and an "artist-album.jpg" image to the thumbs\music folder. I may add an image embedding option at some point.

Steve

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Teaser:

mp_nowplaying.png

Steve

RickWesh

Portal Member
    March 26, 2005
    Larimore ND.
    Album Cover above the visualization...

Make a user defineable options to:

[1] Viusualization / Album Cover (really a waste I think since the album cover really flashes by to frequently right now)
    [2] Album Cover (possibly even include ability to justify image / justify with one or more of the tag information ie, artist name , album, year)
    [3] Album Scrollnav (Display Album cover / Title Artist in a scrolling panel and when the user clicks on it start playing that album and switch the current playlist to it)
    [4] Artist Tour Date (I know its a wild one, but I'm certain with the huge amount of info on the internet these days there surely must be someplace where a pretty siginificant amount of data is available by now or should be hint hint)

Further description:
    Based on listening to music from the playlist view not while in full screen visualization,
    1 / 2) Instead of flopping the visualization over and over the option would be to show either the visualization or the album cover or album cover and album data.
    3) Scroll thru album covers individualy with album title displayed below or above it. When the user clicks on the title or the cover switch to that playlist and start playing the first track or pickup from the last track played. Change the album cover to the next one and the title.
    4) In the list of options along the playlist include the ability to look up the current and or previous tour date history.

bigj

Portal Pro
    January 10, 2005
    NightmareRambo77 said:
    is it possible to fix up the visualisation fullscreen?, i have my vis which is goom in wmp 10 running at 1024 however in MP it looks like the resolution is not running anywhere near that and everything is graining and ugly. Seems like it just stretches the thumbnail view to fullscreen or something instead of running in fullscreen

I've submitted a patch that addresses this - allows true fullscreen.
    "1411517 WMP Audio Visualisations : Enable true fullscreen"

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    VERY GREAT job Steve!

I hope sometime in the future that MP will allow along the bottom of skins the ability to display gadgets (like the sidebar in Windows Vista) to stay visible on specific skins. That way while searching through Movies you can see the song album, time and maybe the current weather - or whatever will fit and look good in that area. It would look something like some of the images (from competing HT frontend systems) below:

movies.jpg

screenshot.jpg

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    The "Now playing" changes are done and are available in the latest cvs snapshot.

Usage: from My Music, click the "Switch view" button and select "Now playing" from menu.

Steve

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom