• Total voters

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    "mvids.xml" - Sounds like you are using the mvids plugin and not the my music videos plugin =)

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-plugins-47/mvids-music-video-database-40315/

You should probably delete mvids, and download "My Music Videos" plugin instead, as the mvids plugin is no longer supported.

The message saying mvids.xml is missing, means that you don't have the skin files for mvids, if you want to stay with mvids plugin then you may find the skin file in the link above. Just copy mvids.xml into your skins subfolder.

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ....I am also using PureVisionHD Blue skin and is giving me an error because it can't find the mvids.xml and I can't find it any where on the site. I really appreciate your help. Thanks.:D:D

Are you sure the skin supports the plugin? (sounds like it doesn't?). I guess StreamedMP does since kiwijunglist uses it, or you could give BleazleWide* a go - at least then you'll be able to rule out the skin as being the cause of the problem.

*current version isn't fully compatible with MP1.1 but it should still run fine.

Note: Just saw kiwijunglists reply (he can obviously type faster than me..) - good point...

mskr4him

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2010
    Home Country
    "mvids.xml" - Sounds like you are using the mvids plugin and not the my music videos plugin =)

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-plugins-47/mvids-music-video-database-40315/

You should probably delete mvids, and download "My Music Videos" plugin instead, as the mvids plugin is no longer supported.

The message saying mvids.xml is missing, means that you don't have the skin files for mvids, if you want to stay with mvids plugin then you may find the skin file in the link above. Just copy mvids.xml into your skins subfolder.

Thanks for the reply. I would like to use My Music Videos, and I have tried it several times but it keeps on crushing on me. The videos parses properly (although I had to change their names around otherwise it wouldn't work), but as soon as I hit "Scan watch-folders in DB" it goes into "Scanning Log", Matched artist artist name grabbing details, MediaPortal Configuration has stopped working. I have attached the image file. I hope that helps you see where the problem might be.:sorry::D

Attachments

• error from MMV.jpg
      error from MMV.jpg
      231.5 KB

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    this is same problem as i have, however if u want to use mvids, then goto the mvids thread to find missing skin files as the ones here wont work as it's a different plugin.

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ok, try this version - the error was with a lookup on the Music Brain ID, this failed but was not trapped.

I have amended this to trap the error and fall back to the artist name, it works for me but I really need to look at what is going on as this may not be the best fix and this also assumes the most upto date source is on the google site.

Please let me know if any issues and Metalla_NZ if you want to know what did PM me and will send you the update code.

uppack the attached zip and copy the Music Videos.dll to you're ..\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows folder.

thx

Attachments

• Music Videos.zip
      107.7 KB

HeffR33

Portal Member
    August 16, 2009
    Home Country
    Trevor,

Nearly fixed. For me it starts to download about 4 AC/DC thumbs then crashes again.

FYI,

Brett

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Trevor,

Nearly fixed. For me it starts to download about 4 AC/DC thumbs then crashes again.

FYI,

Brett

Brett,

Did not get that far then, AC/DC... It was a very quick fix it the early hours..

I am going to need error trap all webcalls and add some debug logging to find out where this is going wrong but for a start can you ket me the extact filename(s) of what is causing the crash - I may be able to reproduce here.

@all

If anyone else tried this did it solve the problems?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom