kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi metalla_nz

New Parser has a bug if file contains the "and" string in the artist name.

I had a music video called "Kruder & Dorfmeister - Peace Orchestra.mpg", it was being parsed as two seperate artists, however i just wanted it parsed as one artist so I renamed the file "Kruder and Dorfmeister - Peace Orchestra.mpg", when it scans the database it can't find any entries for "kruder and dorfmeister" which i thought was strange and it looked like the database was looking for "Kruder and Dorfmeisterk" (notice the extra k)

So I made a file called "bob and ben - title.mpg", the plugin is trying to look for an artist called "bob and benbob and ben..."

metalla_nz

Portal Pro
    June 19, 2007
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Weird.....

Im aware that there is an issue with the new parser for artists that have an and in their name, I for some reason didnt consider that possibility.... So it seems it might be an issue differntiating between joint artists and a solo artist/band with a and in their name

I assume easiest way would be to settle on a standard, use & for featuring and "and" for if its part of the name, or vice versa, or just use feat. or featuring or with or something and leave and out of it

Will look into those other weird issues too

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If your gonna use & for multi artist and and for single artist or vice versa then that would probably be an ok sollution.
    Best idea might be to check last.fm artist's and see if '&' or 'and' is more popular and reserve that one for single artist.

Alternative's are use the '+' symbol or '|' symbol or some other symbol, or use the "Feat." string

From looking through last.fm i think '&' is slightly more common than 'and' however they are both widely used.

felo

Portal Pro
    October 9, 2007
    In Hell.
    Home Country
    Hello!
    How can you manually add a picture thumb to a video?
    I have a few videos i made my self, so i want to add an image from myself to the cover.
    thnks in advance.

Cheers!

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello!
    How can you manually add a picture thumb to a video?
    I have a few videos i made my self, so i want to add an image from myself to the cover.
    thnks in advance.

Cheers!

I'm guessing you can go into the thumbs directory and overwrite the image thumb file
    XP: c:\documents & settings\user name\app data\mediaportal\thumbs or something very similar
    VISTA: C:\Users\All Users\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs
    Look for a subdir called music videos or my music videos or something similar

felo

Portal Pro
    October 9, 2007
    In Hell.
    Home Country
    Hi!
    Thnks for the reply kiwijunglist.
    My problem is that there is no thumb for that particular videos, if i choice a known band or artist, the plugin download the image automatically for the cover of the band, albun, etc... (in the thumbs dir), but like the videos are mine the plugin does not download or contain any manually form to add a picture-thum to my own videos (not any i can see), so it does not generate any thumb for does particular videos.

Cheers!

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes it does auto generate thumbs for each music video...
    45866d1251598916-my-music-videos-v0-41-mvidsset.png

Have you set ffmpeg path, and thumbnail time?

felo

Portal Pro
    October 9, 2007
    In Hell.
    Home Country
    Thumb

Hello again! :)
    Yes, the plugin generates images for known artist, but not for unknown.
    musicvideos.jpg

As you can see, i want to give a cover to this particular video, but the plugin does not generate any image in the folder thumbs and does not find the artist on the net.
    thnks for tyhe replays.

Cheers!

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Login to last.fm website create an artist page, add bio and images. That way the whole of the world now has access to artists pics.

Alternatively you can create a artistname.jpg in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Music Vids\Artists, The Music Vids\thumbs folder is for music video thumbs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom