My Netflix 1.4 for MP 1.2 (1 Viewer)

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    ......Anyway Iam now strugelling with skins.
    I want to use skins from Moving pictures (authors agreed) but structure is somehow complex so it takes time.
    So if there is someone who is familiar with skin structure help would appriciated :)......

I'm no expert...but I am familiar with writing xmls so let me know what you need and I'll be more than happy to help.

P.S. IMO, probably better to write the skin files from scratch rather than trying to reverse engineer existing ones...sometimes the existing files need lots of "house keeping" before even being able to be modified.

Is your new plugin going to have an option in the config for switching on and off "instant queue"?......ie, US territory and non US.

Regards.

MightyPolo

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hi.

I understand what you mean, I decided that easier would be to use something already done, but some quirks has to be addressed.
    The first thing what will be available would be browsing catalog genres, each of genres would have 50 top rated items (this is already done).

So authorization to netflix account has to be done, and then we can test how the api behaves with people from non us teritory.

If you want to help, I can send you skin files on which Iam working right now.
    Let me know.

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    @MightyPolo

Sure...upload them and hopefully I can get them sorted.

A couple of questions...

What skin style are you using, ie. Titan, DefaultWide, etc?

Do you have a list of windows properties that can be used in the skins?

MightyPolo

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hi!
    Iam developing on defaultwide, on "production" Iam using StreamedMP.

But since moving pictures skins are done so well, I think that porting it to any skin will be very easy.

Wha Iam now trying to achive is to see in preview pane (left side) details of movie in same way as it is in moving pictures.

Then go to details and see full details of movie.
    https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/movies-videos/moving-pictures
    https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/movies-videos/moving-pictures

I will post plugin later.

But due to changes in API on netflix side, it will take some effort to change it.
    I would be greatfull if you can help with skins.

Path to skins is here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1gcxog899y7onvb/Ht5tXss6Fp
    Path to latest build of plugin is here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/14aec50ggmcbj2a/gawpX5l4Cw
    but please note, that its not ready. Please chose the test item which is for developing skin.

Thanks.

Last edited:

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    ......Please chose the test item which is for developing skin......

Sorry...need a bit more direction...do I need to add all drivers to the windows directory...also can't see any "test item" listed?

Have any new windows properties been added or have they all remained the same?

Regards.

EDIT: Ok...I've put the xmls in my default skin for now...this is what I have so far......

Screenshot_4.png......Screenshot_5.png......the plugin config shows no entries.

Screenshot_1.png......Screenshot_2.png......Screenshot_3.png......none of the buttons apart from the "test" button are active and when pressing the "play" button the the test movie (I'm assuming this is hard coded at present) doesn't play.

Note that when overwriting the "Dialogs.dll" into the windows folder it reports as being older than the existing driver.

POST EDIT: The "Dialogs.dll" is breaking some of the settings configs...when replaced with the original driver all is well again.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom