EDIT - did not see tomtom21000's post :confused:

Oceanwatcher

Portal Member
    April 23, 2007
    Goiania, Brazil when I am not travelling because o
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Lars,

Just got into MP and discovered this thread. I think you are working on the right stuff and I am really looking forward to see the results.

Please make sure the design will display nicely on a 1280x800 screen. :)

One of my favourite places for webradio is www.mikesradioworld.com and it could be nice to be able to pick channels from his list.

Another one is www.radiotime.com . They have a plug-in for WinMCE, but I never got it to work. Would be nice to have their listing included in your plug-in as well...

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Researched an email-address of Lars Vinter and contacted him. Perhaps we get a life-sign, an update and/or some sources of all the work he put in this.

tomtom

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Reply from Lars Vinter

Hey, I´ve got a life-sign from Lars!

I guess it is O.K. with him to post his reply (I got via e-mail) here on the forums.

Hi there.

Thank you for you mail. I'm really sorry, I haven't been around the forums for a while. I have had a lot of stuff on my mind, personal things, moving to a new apartment, finishing my studies etc. So I haven't been as active on the development as I would like to have been.

I haven't given up, but it will probably take some time before the code is ready to be released. During the next couple of months I will probably have more time to dedicate to this project - I hope so, because I still think this "plugin" is much needed by myself and others.
    I don't mind sharing my code or making it publicly available, however at the moment it is not really "ready" for that - as it needs some cleanup. But I will see if I can "clean up" some of the code during the next few weeks and then make it publicly available, hoping that others will participate in the coding as well. That could surely speed up the process.

What _is_ done now is:
    * Streaming of internet stations (most formats).
    * Latency-free zapping
    * Showing metadata, station info, logo etc.
    * GUI with editor for setting up preset list etc.

What needs to be done:
    * Changing code from normal-GUI to MediaPortal-plugin (not much work, but still).
    * Implementing DVB-S, T and C streaming (much work here, I believe).
    - and then version 1 could be released - and later on other "nice to have"-features could be added in future versions.

Sounds like a plan?

Lars

Once again, thanks for finding me, and I'm really sorry I haven't been as active as promised.

Let´s see if this project comes to life again.

tomtom

For the streaming: Isn´t that what kroko´s MystreamRadio is for?

eagle

Portal Pro
    September 25, 2004
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    yes!!!!! they are still alive, Lars (myNEWRadio) and egonspengleruk (myBurner) and it seems that my two most wanted plugins are still under construction and it will be worked on it.

But the most important thing is that they are ok.

Good news, so thank you tomtom21000 for your investigation :)

eagle

alexeix

Portal Pro
    January 28, 2005
    UK
    Glad you're okay Lars!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that some kind of scheduled radio recording feature will make it into an early version (even if it just lets you set the station, start time and stop time, rather than using an actual schedule)...

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    This thread suggests to me that there is something like this in TV Server 3 Beta. However, I haven't confirmed it personally.

alexeix

Portal Pro
    January 28, 2005
    UK
    Awesome - thanks for pointing that out.

Now I wonder if there's any chance of getting the same for internet radio...?

Probably not, but if you don't ask...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom