My Own Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) (1 Viewer)

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    How do I select more than one folder when setting up Shares in Configureation?

The selection in the configuration is optional. It will indicate the default folder. You can then still navigate up (..) to see the rest. Alternatively, none of the folders should be ticked in the configuration. Then you will by default see all.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    What is the syntax for advanced forum searches?

thanks high for this:

This should help for advanced searches:

• + A leading plus sign indicates that this word must be present in each row that is returned.
    • - A leading minus sign indicates that this word must not be present in any of the rows that are returned.
    • (no wild card) By default (when neither + nor - is specified) the word is optional, but the rows that contain it are rated higher. This mimics the behavior of MATCH() ... AGAINST() without the IN BOOLEAN MODE modifier.
    • > < These two operators are used to change a word's contribution to the relevance value that is assigned to a row. The > operator increases the contribution and the < operator decreases it. See the example below.
    • ( ) Parentheses are used to group words into subexpressions. Parenthesized groups can be nested.
    • ~ A leading tilde acts as a negation operator, causing the word's contribution to the row's relevance to be negative. This is useful for marking “noise” words. A row containing such a word is rated lower than others, but is not excluded altogether, as it would be with the - operator.
    • * The asterisk serves as the truncation operator. Unlike the other operators, it should be appended to the word to be affected.
    • " A phrase that is enclosed within double quote (‘"’) characters matches only rows that contain the phrase literally, as it was typed. The full-text engine splits the phrase into words, performs a search in the FULLTEXT index for the words. The engine then performs a substring search for the phrase in the records that are found, so the match must include non-word characters in the phrase. For example, "test phrase" does not match "test, phrase".
    • If the phrase contains no words that are in the index, the result is empty. For example, if all words are either stopwords or shorter than the minimum length of indexed words, the result is empty.
    • 'apple banana' Find rows that contain at least one of the two words.
    • '+apple +juice' Find rows that contain both words.
    • '+apple macintosh' Find rows that contain the word “apple”, but rank rows higher if they also contain “macintosh”.
    • '+apple -macintosh' Find rows that contain the word “apple” but not “macintosh”.
    • '+apple +(>turnover Find rows that contain the words “apple” and “turnover”, or “apple” and “strudel” (in any order), but rank “apple turnover” higher than “apple strudel”.
    • 'apple*' Find rows that contain words such as “apple”, “apples”, “applesauce”, or “applet”.
    • '"some words"' Find rows that contain the exact phrase “some words” (for example, rows that contain “some words of wisdom” but not “some noise words”). Note that the ‘"’ characters that surround the phrase are operator characters that delimit the phrase. They are not the quotes that surround the search string itself.

Mashenden

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: How do I configure the video skip/jump steps?

The left/right skip steps can be configured in MP Configuration.
    The up/down skip steps is skipping 10% at a time and is not currently configurable in 1.0.2. Enhancement coming soon!! Version 1.1.0 allow for configuring the up/down skip steps as a percentage or seconds value.

You can also key in the video position as HHMM eg to jump to 37 minutes, key in 0037

This implies that left/right skip steps are configurable in 1.0.2, and large skip steps (up/down) are configurable in 1.1.0 b. I am on 1.0.2 but I cannot find where left/right skip can be configured. I saw on another post where it should be found in General, Skip Steps. Under my General in MP Config, I only see Skin, Thumbnails, and Volume Settings listed.

Did I lose this when I did the basic home mod patch or was my assumption that left/rigth is configurable under 1.0.2 wrong?

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Try changing MP Configuration to Advanced Mode.
    Top right.

Mashenden

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    Home Country
    Try changing MP Configuration to Advanced Mode.
    Top right.

Sure enough. That is where it is located. Thank you.

Not meaning to be a whiner, but going into Expert Mode solved the issue of finding the Skip Steps config (cool - I look fwd to going to 1.1 to allow further config changes), but unfortunately, this created another problem.

MP used to display a control bar at the top when the cursor hovered in that area allowing Play/Stop/etc control as well as a Back arrow. I used these controls all of the time when on the computer that does not have a remote. Ever since going into Expert and making the Skip Step change (as well as scrolling through all of the options displayed in Expert) the control bar no longer shows up. I tried reverting to Standard, as well as default on the Skip Step values but the control bar never returned.

I recreated this on another client PC - the result is the same. Now it no longer shows the control bar. How do I get this back?

I'm on v 1.0.2 using Blue3 and Blue3Wide

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Make sure that the topbar plugin is enabled.
    I just tested switching between normal and advanced on my 1.1.0 installation, but it worked as expected.

Mashenden

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    Home Country
    Make sure that the topbar plugin is enabled.

Another issue solved :) Thank you again.

When I went into the plugins, the Topbar plugin was disabled. I have never had reason to go to the Topbar plugin in the past since it always worked "out of the box", but for some reason, in 1.0.2 something about going into the Expert mode in MP Config (or something within the Expert - General selection) caused this plugin to need to be enabled.

One change being that it used to pop up but now it stays up all the time - not a problem in my opinion but it is a bit different to how it used to work. [UPDATE] - This only seemed to apply to Blue3Wide, not Blue3 (for me) and by selecting the Override option in the Topbar plugin configuration it now works as expected.

[ADDITIONAL OBSERVATION] In an "out of the box" installation of MP 1.0.2 using Blue3/Blue3Wide, the Topbar is automatically active and the Topbar Plugin is not displayed in the plugin menu within MP Config. As soon as one switches to Expert mode in MP Config (and possibly upon opening the General tab) the Topbar plugin shows up but as disabled, requiring action to reactivate it. This seems like odd behavior but probably not worth worrying about as long as 1.1.0 b is not the same way.

Mashenden

maxx_nantes

Portal Pro
    October 5, 2009
    If I may, Blu-ray playback (or at least Blu-ray main movie playback) is possible directly from mediaportal without using an external program
    (btw thanks for your FAQ, it taught me how to maximize a video while browsing ;) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom