My PodCasts (1 Viewer)

jsimo01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 24, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    With the audio podcasts i found it difficult to add them through MP>configuration and ended up adding them in the feeds .xml file in the MP installation directory. I'm running MP 1.0, on Vista SP1 (x64) with StreamedMP skin installed. I have no real need for video so haven't pursued but will play with online videos as it would be nice to have that functionality. Thanks for the info.

J

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I got your two links going but if you go to the online videos feed you will see that I was not to happy with some of the resaults... Here is my onlinevideos.xml... Has your links in them and it works fine.. Oh I think we should drag this conversation to onlinevideos.. The designer of this plugin might get inspired if he see's people working on his list..

I would like to develope a decent one with Crave, Cnet, Discovery, TED etc thrown together for other users, what do you reacon :)

Attachments

• OnlineVideoSites.xml
      30.6 KB

haw

Portal Member
    July 27, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I got your two links going but if you go to the online videos feed you will see that I was not to happy with some of the resaults... Here is my onlinevideos.xml... Has your links in them and it works fine.. Oh I think we should drag this conversation to onlinevideos.. The designer of this plugin might get inspired if he see's people working on his list..

I would like to develope a decent one with Crave, Cnet, Discovery, TED etc thrown together for other users, what do you reacon :)

THANK YOU very much, I need to go to bed, now, but I'm looking forward to try your file, that I have already downloaded.... thank you again.

chschs

Portal Pro
    January 30, 2009
    Nürnberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    And: is there a chance to change the "My Podcasts" to "Podcasts" :-D that i can handle on my installation or is this hardcoded with the plugin ?

coolsurfer

Great Plugin. I support that question. In my setup I rename the items to German language, which almost all plugins allow. Would be nice if this is possible somehow (without compiling first).

On my screen I have the menu behind the first podcast picture. I was searching, but haven't found a solution for that. Has this been no topic yet ?

jsimo01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 24, 2008
    Home Country
    Are you talking on the homepage or on the podcasts page, if the later open the skin xml file and rename, it is usually in the first couple of lines or first set of controls.

peege3

Portal Member
    April 24, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    On my screen I have the menu behind the first podcast picture. I was searching, but haven't found a solution for that. Has this been no topic yet ?
    I managed to use my remote and change my view to filmstrip as a workaround. I tried repositioning things in the XML file, but either I was selecting the wrong x-pos and y-pos or it just didn't matter. But filmstrip seems to work for now.

chschs

Portal Pro
    January 30, 2009
    Nürnberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It is really in the podcast screen. Not in MP Home.
    See hardcopy attached.

Attachments

• podcastmenu.jpg
      podcastmenu.jpg
      73.9 KB

jsimo01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 24, 2008
    Home Country
    The skin xml imports the settings from common.facade.xml or one of them, if you change this to a new common.facade_podcasts.xml (or something like that) you can edit the settings for where thumbnails are placed etc. I will find those that I edited for StreamedMP to upload.

peege3

Portal Member
    April 24, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hey Great. That worked. But I needed to add
    Code:
    <import>common.facade_MyPodcasts.xml</import>
    to the MyPodcasts.xml file so that it would import my new settings.
    I attached my two files.
    :D

Attachments

• MyPodCasts.xml
      30.6 KB
    • common.facade_MyPodcasts.xml
      30.7 KB

chschs

Portal Pro
    January 30, 2009
    Nürnberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have solved it similar.
    Because the focus pictures were missing in my setup.
    Used now standard (hope so) pictures instead.
    Used in BLUE3

Attachments

• common.facade_MyPodcasts.xml
      30.7 KB
    • MyPodCasts.xml
      30.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom