My PodCasts (1 Viewer)

BenG

July 7, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
fcsobel - Did you get round to seeing if you can remove the 'My' from the beginning?
There is an option in MP to remove it and it works for other plugins just wondered if you had it sorted for yours yet?

Its in the skin section in the general settings.

Thanks,
Ben

keith2045

Portal Pro
February 16, 2006
Missouri
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Any idea when we will be able to play mp4 (quicktime) videos in this plugin? I remember someone saying that it was an issue with MP and not the plugin. I can play the videos with Windows Media Player, but not within MP

frankenmatze

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 28, 2008
    Mittelfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tried to install this plugin, but I always get error messages and can not see the configured Podcasts.
    I attached the error message I get.

I copied the dll in plugins/windows and the skins in both skin-directories in my installation.

Anything wrong with the plugin? Help appreciated!

Attachments

• fehler.JPG
      fehler.JPG
      91.1 KB
    • config.JPG
      config.JPG
      44.4 KB

frankenmatze

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 28, 2008
    Mittelfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Nobody has got an idea, why this Plugin throws exeptions? I just controlled to hae it installed correctly, but no way :-(

The error log says:
    2009-01-01 13:06:21.421875 [ERROR][MPMain]: Control has invalid animation type [flyinfromleft on animation]
    2009-01-01 13:06:21.421875 [ERROR][MPMain]: Control has invalid animation type [flyinfromleft on animation]
    2009-01-01 13:06:21.546875 [ERROR][MPMain]: No translation found for id 161902
    2009-01-01 13:06:21.609375 [ERROR][MPMain]: OnMessage exception:confused:ystem.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Boolean MediaPortal.Util.Picture.CreateThumbnail(System.String, System.String, Int32, Int32, Int32)'.
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Rss.GUIRssBaseWindow.DownloadAndCache(String imageUrl, String title)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Rss.GUIRssBaseWindow.ShowOutlines(Opml opml)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Rss.GUIRssBaseWindow.SelectOutline(Opml opml, OpmlOutline outline, ViewMode mode, Boolean DoClear)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Rss.GUIRssBaseWindow.ShowSites(Boolean DoClear)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Rss.GUIRssBaseWindow.ShowSites()
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Rss.GUIRssBaseWindow.OnPageLoad()
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Rss.GUIPodCasts.OnPageLoad()
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
    2009-01-01 13:06:41.140625 [ERROR][MPMain]: OnMessage exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Rss.GUIRssBaseWindow.OnListView()
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Rss.GUIRssBaseWindow.OnClicked(Int32 controlId, GUIControl control, ActionType actionType)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
    2009-01-01 13:06:45.984375 [ERROR][MPMain]: No translation found for id 161902

peege3

Portal Member
    April 24, 2008
    Home Country
    ^^^
    Yeah, same thing here, almost the identical error log. Were you trying to play flash video? That's what I get when I try and play flash.

peege3

Portal Member
    April 24, 2008
    Home Country
    Not sure what I was smoking on that last post! I've been mucking about with Mypodcasts and Online Videos plugins and I think I got the two confused.
    At any rate, concerning this plugin:
    Any video podcasts that use .wmv, quicktime or anything other than flash play fine.
    For flash videos, sound plays, but I get all kinds of errors in the log files. (see above from frankenmatze)

At this point, I'm not even sure if this plugin is being developed. From the error messages I've seen (mine and others), it seems to be a syntax error with the animation tag, but that's just my layman's perspective.
    I'd post my error log, too, but I'm not sure anyone's looking at this. Here's to hoping!
    James

Jean-Marc

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    It's easy to play .flv files. Just use the SAF pack of codecs developed by Hoborg
    See here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/codecs-external-players-55/stand-alone-filters-mediaportal-44614/

To play podcasts inside MP, I am using a very simple way: I use the miro software (Miro - free, open source internet tv and video player) that is always working in the background. Miro is very interesting because the podcasts you selected are automaticaly downloaded on your HD and deleted after been read, after a number of days, or hours you decide.

As the podcasts are downloaded, you don't need to stream them (better quality) and you can select in witch folder they are downloaded. You can of course give the name you want for these folders (CNN, HD trailers, etc...)

After that, it is easy to read all your podcasts with MP, because under "videos" you can select the above folders!

So you don't even need a plugin for podcasts with MP. And with the SAF pack you can read mp4, flv, mov,etc...the only files I cannot read are m4a

peege3

Portal Member
    April 24, 2008
    Home Country
    Jean-Marc, that is the best idea I've read on this forum! It must be because you're closer to the equator! Thanks.
    Of course, Miro could eat up your disk space fast depending on what you download. But that sounds easy enough to manage. I played around with Miro a while ago, but found it hard to use and slow on my machine. But those I'm sure can be fixed.
    As for that SAF pack--the jury is still out for me on that one. I tried it before and it broke everything. So I went back to ffdshow tryouts. But, I'm willing to try again, I just don't want to reinstall MP and reconfigure it all like the last time!
    Anyway, thanks for the tip on Miro!
    James

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom