My Radio ON causes TV recordings (DVR-MS files) to stutter severely... (1 Viewer)

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Windows Version: XP Professional, SP2
    CPU Type: AMD 2400+
    Memory: 512 MB
    Motherboard: Gigabyte 7VM400M-RZ
    Motherboard Chipset: VIA KM400
    Motherboard Bios: Award, F5
    Video Card: ATI Radeon 9550
    Video Card Driver: 5.9
    Sound Card: VIA VT1617
    Sound Card AC3: no AC3
    Sound Card Driver: 6.14.1.4100
    1. TV Card: Dvico Fusion HDTV DVB-T
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
    1. TV Card Driver: 3.11
    2. TV Card: DNTVLive! LP
    2. TV Card Type: DVB-T
    2. TV Card Driver: 2.61.03
    Video Codec: NVIDIA Pure video v1.02.150
    Audio Codec: Dscaler
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: n/a
    HTPC Case: n/a, modified
    Power Supply: n/a, 200W, modified
    Remote: MCE 2005 (EU version)
    TV: BENQ DLP Projector
    TV - HTPC Connection: Sub-D

I have two DVB-T cards, and I have noticed that if I have a DVB radio station playing (using one card) while I am recording a TV program (with the second card), that the resulting recorded TV program will contain severe gaps in the video and sound, thus causing unbearable stuttering during playback. The gaps in the recorded program are about 0.5 second long and occur every 1 to 2 seconds....:confused:

If I turn the DVB radio off, the TV program recording is fine - no stutter.

If I am watching TV on one card, while recording on the second card, the TV program recording is fine - no stutter.

I noticed this weird problem because I had checked the box against one of the DVB radio channels, so that it always played by default whenever Media Portal was launched. Then, when I scheduled a TV recording and PVR Scheduler launched MediaPortal to start the recording, the DVB radio was playing, and the resulting recording stuttered severly. Unselecting the DVB radio station check box cured the "stuttered" recording.....:mad:

It looks (and sounds) like process that plays a DVB radio station causes the MPEG2 data flow for the TV program from the second card to be interrupted and not recorded to the DVR-MS file?

There are no errors posted in the MediaPortal.log file, which is why it took me a while to figure out what the cause was. I don't know which CVS version this started with, but it does exist with CVS 02-10-2006--01-05.

As far as I can tell, this problem only occurs with 2 or more DVB cards, and the "workaround" is to leave all the check-boxes in My Radio unselected.....:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom