My Score Center - version 2.12.0.0 - 4 May 2014 (for MP 1.6/1.7) (5 Viewers)

stdly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I'll wait for you comments and modifications before integrating in the online settings.

Thanks allot for the info, the quick reply and the edit. I went through all the screens and it looks great I am on my laptop with 1440 x 900 right now but will give it a try on the main asap.
    I made up some icons as well.

Edit : In Champions and National the first position in leaderboard should be 0 as it is an image file on the source site.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hey Fred - I was interested to use the backdrops for each sport as you have defined with #ScoreCenter.bd.jpg, but which folder do I put them in? I created a football.jpg file and put it in several diff folders, but no luck! So I tried to enter a backdrop folder in Config Options and got an exception error!

I'm using MP 1.0.2 with ScoreCenter 1.0 on Vista Ultimate 32 bit. And I downloaded the Ionic.Zip.dll. I get this error message as soon as I hit Save on the Config Options screen. I get the error even if I only click on the folder icon to select a backdrop folder - whether I actually select a folder or not.

Code:
    ************** Exception Text **************
    System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
       at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(Int32 width, Int32 height, PixelFormat format)
       at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(Int32 width, Int32 height)
       at System.Drawing.Icon.ToBitmap()
       at System.Windows.Forms.ThreadExceptionDialog..ctor(Exception t)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.OnThreadException(Exception t)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProcException(Exception e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnThreadException(Exception e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
       at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.RunDialog(Form form)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog(IWin32Window owner)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog()
       at MediaPortal.Plugin.ScoreCenter.ScoreCenterPlugin.ShowPlugin()
       at MediaPortal.Configuration.Sections.PluginsNew.itemConfigure_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Also, what do I do about the text not all displaying on the screen (see screenshot)? The Next button displays data further down on the page so I cannot see the data on the right that goes off screen? This is using the default online settings you provided. In this case, it happens on the Cricket ICC Results, but it happens in quite a few other places as well. I tried adjusting the width of the Results control (ID 20) but it made no difference.

Attachments

• Scorecenter.jpg
      Scorecenter.jpg
      151.5 KB

FredP42

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 2, 2009
    Home Country
    France France
    Hey Fred - I was interested to use the backdrops for each sport as you have defined with #ScoreCenter.bd.jpg, but which folder do I put them in? I created a football.jpg file and put it in several diff folders, but no luck! So I tried to enter a backdrop folder in Config Options and got an exception error!

Yes you set the folder where to find the backdrop in the option dialog.
    I'm not sure about the error you are having, I may have seen it: it may have something to do with the refresh of the tree when you leave the option dialog. It happens sometimes when you go straight to the option dialog without clicking on the tree before. Try to just select a node and expand it and then open the option dialog.

Also, what do I do about the text not all displaying on the screen (see screenshot)? The Next button displays data further down on the page so I cannot see the data on the right that goes off screen? This is using the default online settings you provided. In this case, it happens on the Cricket ICC Results, but it happens in quite a few other places as well. I tried adjusting the width of the Results control (ID 20) but it made no difference.

You are right the next button will not show you the rest of the text.
    Maybe I can add a 'wrap text' option, because I'm not sure it will be easy to read the text on the next page anyway.
    The only thing I can think of right now is to use a smaller font. You can do that by changing the font of the control with ID 20.

I added the cricket scores because someone at the very beginning asks for it but I never get any returns about it. If you know other websites, yesterday I found this one Cricket News, Results, Fixtures and League Tables which seems to have lots of results.

I'll wait for you comments and modifications before integrating in the online settings.

Thanks allot for the info, the quick reply and the edit. I went through all the screens and it looks great I am on my laptop with 1440 x 900 right now but will give it a try on the main asap.
    I made up some icons as well.

Edit : In Champions and National the first position in leaderboard should be 0 as it is an image file on the source site.

Thanks for the icons very nice.
    I also found this website with other results or same results presented a different way: Golf News, Results, Live Scores and Golf Courses from Golf.co.uk

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks for the idea to open the tree, but alas, it did not work. I still get the error when I try to select a backdrop folder. Guess I will give up on that for now.

To be honest, I think it would be better to put backdrops in [userdata]\thumbs\ScoreCenter\backdrops and reference it there. Or even but the backdrops in the existing thumb folders if that is easier. Then you can just provide your default backdrops and in Config let users select if they wish them to display or not, or they can add/change them to their own. If I set up a folder in the skin then users will have to configure the backdrop folder in order to see any backdrops. And each skin could end up using a diff backdrop folder, so if a user switches skins they would have to reconfigure Score Center. It's a nice feature, so I think it is worth the effort to make it really useable.

Regarding the display issue - I cannot reduce the font size. The whole purpose of aMPed skin is to support users with smaller screens. So the skin supports 12pt, 15pt and 18pt options for the default font size. So I hope you can get some text wrapping working, or at least let the width of the textboxscrollup tag have some effect. :D

FredP42

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 2, 2009
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks for the idea to open the tree, but alas, it did not work. I still get the error when I try to select a backdrop folder. Guess I will give up on that for now.

To be honest, I think it would be better to put backdrops in [userdata]\thumbs\ScoreCenter\backdrops and reference it there. Or even but the backdrops in the existing thumb folders if that is easier. Then you can just provide your default backdrops and in Config let users select if they wish them to display or not, or they can add/change them to their own. If I set up a folder in the skin then users will have to configure the backdrop folder in order to see any backdrops. And each skin could end up using a diff backdrop folder, so if a user switches skins they would have to reconfigure Score Center. It's a nice feature, so I think it is worth the effort to make it really useable.

ok, I will investigate this error.
    The idea is to make it totally configurable. I don't think backdrop should be part of the skin.

You can always edit the XML manually.
    The settings file is in 'Program Data' and is called MyScoreCenter.Settings.xml

Here is the syntax:
    Code:
      <Setup>
        <Name>Score Center</Name>
        <DefaultSkinColor>-16752449</DefaultSkinColor>
        [COLOR="Red"]<BackdropDir>C:\Team MediaPortal\FanArt\ScoreCenter</BackdropDir>[/COLOR]
        <UpdateOnlineMode>Once</UpdateOnlineMode>
        <UpdateUrl>http://sites.google.com/site/myscorecenter/MyScoreCenter.Settings.xml</UpdateUrl>
        <UpdateRule>New</UpdateRule>
      </Setup>

Regarding the display issue - I cannot reduce the font size. The whole purpose of aMPed skin is to support users with smaller screens. So the skin supports 12pt, 15pt and 18pt options for the default font size. So I hope you can get some text wrapping working, or at least let the width of the textboxscrollup tag have some effect. :D

Ok, but even with wrapping I'm not sure it is useful to display text in 18pt on a very small screen, you will see at most one score at a time. But I will see what I can do.
    Can you explain the textboxscrollup tag thing?

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    The idea is to make it totally configurable. I don't think backdrop should be part of the skin.
    Yup I agree, sorry if I wasn't clear about that. What I was suggesting was that you provide default backdrops in a preset location to make users more aware of the feature. For aMPed I just provided a default backdrop which displays if no sport backdrop is found.

You can always edit the XML manually. The settings file is in 'Program Data' and is called MyScoreCenter.Settings.xml
    Yup, that worked perfectly, thanks!

Can you explain the textboxscrollup tag thing?
    I'll send you a PM.

I'm not sure it is useful to display text in 18pt on a very small screen, you will see at most one score at a time. But I will see what I can do.
    Actually I can see 4 columns in most cases, the headers are a bit problematic since they make the columns wider. The actual scores display OK because you can usually use the Next button to see additional data. It is just the screens like the Cricket ICC Results that do not use columns that data displays 'off the screen' to the right and the next button shows additional pages so you can't access the data to the right (hope that is clear!). Perhaps there is a way to use the formatting rules for those screens and I just don't know how to do it properly yet? But you may be correct that there is really no possible way to get that data to work with large fonts.

FredP42

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 2, 2009
    Home Country
    France France
    I would like to add the danish 1. division (2nd best league) from this website Tabel og resultater: 1. Division (2009/2010) - Danmark and change the best danish league so it also uses the site. I should also be possible to get home and away standings and topscorer from the site.
    Hjemme = home
    Ude = away.

Yes you can do what you want. I just would advise to create a new entry by copying the existing one and then change the url and the parsing.
    I think I will progressively replace the existing scores for football with the one from worldfootball.net.
    For Denmark they have: SAS Ligaen,Viasat Sport Divisionen, Landspokal

So maybe you can do it for Denmark look at the previous post from vrm where he gives the Hungarian results, you probably will be able to use the same XPath expression.

donfrankie

Portal Member
    November 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I have made the danish SAS liga, 1. division (viasat sport divisionen, but nobody calls it that) and the two 2. division leagues (East and West).
    All of them have standings, results, fixtures, topscorer and home and away standings.

Attachments

• denmark-en.xml
      30.6 KB

FredP42

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 2, 2009
    Home Country
    France France
    I have made the danish SAS liga, 1. division (viasat sport divisionen, but nobody calls it that) and the two 2. division leagues (East and West).
    All of them have standings, results, fixtures, topscorer and home and away standings.

Thanks, I will integrate this to the global settings.
    I think, some columns need to be align left, I will change that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom