My Score Center - version 2.12.0.0 - 4 May 2014 (for MP 1.6/1.7) (1 Viewer)

FredP42

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 2, 2009
    Home Country
    France France
    What I was suggesting was that you provide default backdrops in a preset location to make users more aware of the feature. For aMPed I just provided a default backdrop which displays if no sport backdrop is found.
    You're right I should probably set a default value.

About scrolling/wrapping.
    I have something working to wrap the text if it is longer than the size of the column.

Here is an example for the cricket results with a column size set to 40.
    22-29-50.jpg

I don't know if I should make it:
    • a global settings for all score: a check box in the option dialog,
    • a per score settings: a check box in the score configuration
    • a column settings: a flag (#,*, $) in the column sizes field.

My preference goes to the 'per score'.

In fact this feature will be useful in cases where the HTML table contains a new line. For now new line as well as <br> tags are replace by a white space but I think I will add a second check box to 'allow new line'.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Yes, that get's the job done! At least that way all data can display. I agree that a per score setting is better than a global setting. No need to alter displays that are working as is. I would be fine with the column settings as well. It was the first thing I tried to do to make it work.

The other thing I tried was using the Context Menu to auto resize columns. Would it be possible to use that feature to 'wrap' text or add another option to the dialog menu for wrapping? That way, if you suddenly find a score result that is similar to the Cricket ICC Results, you can just alter it within the GUI.

Thanks for all your efforts on this.

FredP42

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 2, 2009
    Home Country
    France France
    Yes, that get's the job done! At least that way all data can display. I agree that a per score setting is better than a global setting. No need to alter displays that are working as is. I would be fine with the column settings as well. It was the first thing I tried to do to make it work.

The other thing I tried was using the Context Menu to auto resize columns. Would it be possible to use that feature to 'wrap' text or add another option to the dialog menu for wrapping? That way, if you suddenly find a score result that is similar to the Cricket ICC Results, you can just alter it within the GUI.

Thanks for all your efforts on this.

I had the same idea about the context menu. :D

FredP42

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 2, 2009
    Home Country
    France France
    Update online settgins

I just updated the online settings with the scores proposed by users:
    - Football Hungary: 2 major divisions + cup (thanks to vrm)
    - Football Denmark: 3 major divisions (thanks to donfrankie)
    - Golf: ranking and current tournment for 5 competitions (thanks to stdly)

I improved them a little by setting alignment and column size.
    It make me think that the Sizes field is not obvious so I improved the config screen: the test grid will now show formatting (size, alignment and rule formatting). It is not perfect (specially for the size which is more an approximation) but it gives a good idea. Plus I added a right click on the column to set the alignment.

I also worked on a mechanism to make the list disappear when the score is displayed for small resolution.

I'm planning to release this new version (1.1) by the end of the week.

stdly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Wow look forward to the update.

I don't know how many canadians here but I did the CFL, Argos, Raptors, Blue Jays and the Maple Leafs.
    I did some MMA/UFC just schedules and standings.
    I did the Buffalo Bills.
    I also did NHRA.
    Added a simple F1 2010 Schedule.
    40 icons as well

Steve

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hey Ravin, aMPed does not support ScoreCenter yet! Not sure where you got the skin file, I think there is only a very early test file in SVN. I've been working on it with Frederic (as you can probably tell from the previous posts), but we haven't quite got there yet! Hope to have a nice version for you soon!

FredP42

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 2, 2009
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello,
    The icons are in the thumbs directory\ScoreCenter.
    Just unzip the file in this directory, and make sure you don't create a sub directory when unzipping.

In Vista the thumbs directory is in <Program Data>\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal.
    In XP it is in something like <Documents and Settings>\All Users.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom