My ShowTimes V1.1.0 Release April 28/07 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

key master

Portal Member
April 18, 2006
H Jim,
I take a look on the mtsa's code for France and I found the problem for times movies. See correction under for module MsnFrance.vb in GetMovieTimes function. If we have corrections how can we publish it (is there a SVN server ?).

Thanks for your help! New version released. I was able to get in contact with Peter and he fixed up France with your helpful code, along with Belgium and the Netherlands. You can download the new version of mtsa here:

http://movietimes.home.comcast.net/mtsa/download.html

P.S. Norway is still broken - if anyone needs Norway fixed, let me know.

-Jim

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
Hey,

never worry about finding bugs, just worry that it sometimes takes along time for me to get to them.

I'll look into the 3 times issue.

FYI, I've submitted the plugin code to the plugin SVN so if other developers want to start adding (zebons?) or modifying, go to it.

Sean

Hi Sean,

The flow by design is not a problem at all, and be sure that I am not asking for any change!!

As you know, due to the fact that MTSA is not working properly for the location I have chosen, and also due to the risk of crash, I never really used "show theaters" and before today, I had not seen all these steps!
After you fixed the bug, I played a lot to see if the crash would happen again or not, I discovered the flow and reported it because I was affraid it was a new bug! I am really happy to know that it is not!

The "3 times" is a little bit annoying.

JMarc
Hi,
I do some modifications essentially for internationnal purpose, if someone want to test, I can send it.
@falkyre : can I upload my modifications on sourceforge or do you want to test it before ?

Another curious thing (THAT ALSO HAPPENED WITH THE PREVIOUS .DLL)
When I am in the last step discribed above and want to go to the left side of the screen using the left arrow key, I always must click 3 TIMES on it!! (strange, no?)
JMarc
I think the bug is corrected in my new version...

falkyre

Portal Pro
March 20, 2006
Winnipeg, Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi Zebons,

Let's go through the proper process on making sure we don't step on each others toes while developing. I think it's great that there are other developers interested in this plugin, it's one of the reasons I created it.

I'd like to test it out and then if all goes good, upload the changes. Can you let me know what you changed specifically? I know ny initial development didn't account into translations and I was going to tackle that this weekend. Maybe you already handled that for me ;) .

Sean

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
Hi Zebons,

Let's go through the proper process on making sure we don't step on each others toes while developing. I think it's great that there are other developers interested in this plugin, it's one of the reasons I created it.

I'd like to test it out and then if all goes good, upload the changes. Can you let me know what you changed specifically? I know ny initial development didn't account into translations and I was going to tackle that this weekend. Maybe you already handled that for me ;) .

Sean
Hi,
For translation, the best solution is to use the MP's standard based on country specific files (string.xml).
The easiest solution is to use existing entries in those files even if the text isn't exactly what you want. For example, I use Genre, Actors, Rating entries found in those file. Bu defining the corresponding ID in the skin file, translation is automaticly made by MP ;-)))
For specifics text of your plugin, you can add entries in these files. But there is two main problems with that choice :
- entries can be loose at each new version of MP if those files are delivered
- users must add these entries in their files (you cann't deliver that file because each user can have specifics entries..)
But now there is a solution with a new program made by dukus : MPInstaller. With that program, you create an mpi file to install the plugin (skin, dll, png files ) and also create entries in string.xml files ;-)))

So I create somes new entries in my string-fr.xml file, I give the corresponding english values :
<String id="7111992">Trailers</String>
<String id="7211992">Trailers</String>
<String id="71119921">Show all movies</String>
<String id="71119922">Show Theaters</String>
<String id="71119923">Play Trailer</String>
<String id="71119924">Show GetMovies</String>
<String id="71119925">Next ShowTimes Refresh</String>

I don't know why I need the entry 7211992 but if I don't put, I got an error in the mediaportal.log for translation missing...
I modify the skin BT and the ShowTimesGUI.cs (joined in the zip file...)
Good tests ;-)))

falkyre

Portal Pro
March 20, 2006
Winnipeg, Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi Zebons,
So I create somes new entries in my string-fr.xml file, I give the corresponding english values :

I don't know why I need the entry 7211992 but if I don't put, I got an error in the mediaportal.log for translation missing...
Good tests ;-)))

Wow, that looks like you have managed to get the translation stuff figured out for me!! I will test later and let you know if we are good to post up and then release a V1.1. Initial code review, it all looks good. I will compile and test later tonight.

The 7111992 is the plugin ID (and the year of when I got married) for the ShowTimesGUI. I suspect that MP is expecting the plugin ID so it can properly handle the translations.

Sean

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
Hi Zebons,

Good tests ;-)))

Wow, that looks like you have managed to get the translation stuff figured out for me!! I will test later and let you know if we are good to post up and then release a V1.1. Initial code review, it all looks good. I will compile and test later tonight.

The 7111992 is the plugin ID (and the year of when I got married) for the ShowTimesGUI. I suspect that MP is expecting the plugin ID so it can properly handle the translations.

Sean
Yes 7111992 is the plugin ID and it's necessary for header.label but I found no trace of 7211998 !!! and that ID is also necessary but I don't know why...

Jean-Marc

Portal Pro
February 28, 2007
Home Country
France France
Wow!!

I have downloaded the last version of MTSA and can now confirm you that the times
for France work fine!
:D
I also thank you for having the possibility to rename the "Myshowtime"!
Sean and Zebons, if you can now release a version with the international translation
and what I called "the 3 times" corrected, this plug in will be perfect.

...quite perfect because the last thing would be the possibility to download the trailers from another site than Apple, if not found into the Apple site. Why? Because (for France for example) a lot of movies titles are translated (so can't be detected into Apple site) and French movies are not listed into this site. Result: this week, I got only 1 trailer for 17 different movies!
So, don't eliminate Apple site, because the quality of the trailers is very good, but give a 2° chance to MTSA (?) with another site (Allocine for example).
Is that possible?

:D :D :D

falkyre

Portal Pro
March 20, 2006
Winnipeg, Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
Testing Zebons update right away, if it works out, will post an updated version tomorrow.

As for other trailers being downloaded, that is handled via MTSA so someone must take on creating a parser for Allocine. Maybe Zebons? I've got some ideas for the MP plugin that won't allow me to look at the mtsa code for a bit/

Sean

Wow!!

I have downloaded the last version of MTSA and can now confirm you that the times
for France work fine!
I also thank you for having the possibility to rename the "Myshowtime"!
Sean and Zebons, if you can now release a version with the international translation
and what I called "the 3 times" corrected, this plug in will be perfect.

...quite perfect because the last thing would be the possibility to download the trailers from another site than Apple, if not found into the Apple site. Why? Because (for France for example) a lot of movies titles are translated (so can't be detected into Apple site) and French movies are not listed into this site. Result: this week, I got only 1 trailer for 17 different movies!
So, don't eliminate Apple site, because the quality of the trailers is very good, but give a 2° chance to MTSA (?) with another site (Allocine for example).
Is that possible?

:D :D :D

falkyre

Portal Pro
March 20, 2006
Winnipeg, Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
Zebons,

international patch works fine. Update SVN with newest skin and cs file.

Thanks,

Sean

Hi Zebons,

Good tests ;-)))

Sean
Yes 7111992 is the plugin ID and it's necessary for header.label but I found no trace of 7211998 !!! and that ID is also necessary but I don't know why...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom