My ShowTimes V1.1.0 Release April 28/07 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehukki

Portal Member
January 8, 2007
Boston
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Not playing trailer

I'm using the latest MP SVN with Zebons svn.zip showtime files.

I'm unable to get any trailers to play within MP, I select play and the screen flashes once nothing else happens.

The trailers play fine with QT.

Any help would be appreciated

falkyre

Portal Pro
March 20, 2006
Winnipeg, Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
What is the quality of the trailers? Are they HD? Do you have the QT alternative installed?

Sean

I'm unable to get any trailers to play within MP, I select play and the screen flashes once nothing else happens.

hobbes487

Portal Pro
August 25, 2005
Home Country
I just installed this plugin and am having a problem. I am in the US and I can't get the plugin to find any theaters in any city or zip code I enter. I have tried a bunch of different city names and zip codes and they all results in the error: No Theaters Found for 94109 (city or postal Code).

Anyone else with this problem?

ehukki

Portal Member
January 8, 2007
Boston
Home Country
What is the quality of the trailers? Are they HD? Do you have the QT alternative installed?

Sean

I've tried low quality and high, same results.
I'm using Apple QuickTime, not an alternative.

Thanks

ehukki

Portal Member
January 8, 2007
Boston
Home Country

Sean

I've tried low quality and high, same results.
I'm using Apple QuickTime, not an alternative.

Thanks
I just installed QT alternative, and that fixed it.

Thanks

key master

Portal Member
April 18, 2006
I just released a new version of MTSA which includes a fix (hopefully) to your first problem that you mentioned:

http://movietimes.home.comcast.net/mtsa/download.html

-Jim

In addition there are some (layout) problems in the german version (running B2 skin):
* some umlauts (like ä ö ü) are shown html-encoded (ä ö ü)
* some texts overlay their labels

I can make a screen, if it would help. Just gimme a note.

Best regards
Wolf

G.B. Wolf

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 22, 2007
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

falkyre

Portal Pro
    March 20, 2006
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi GB Wolf,

key master has nothing to do with the actual MP plugin, he wrote the under lying grabber (and I thank him for that). You are using what looks like a non wide screen version of MP which does cause some issues with the amount of data that is sometimes available. In order to fix the display, you'll have to modify the screen file and tweak the sizes and placement of the different fields. It's a trial and error type of thing (change the position, test, if it's good leave it etc).

Sean
    I just released a new version of MTSA which includes a fix (hopefully) to your first problem that you mentioned:

http://movietimes.home.comcast.net/mtsa/download.html

-Jim
    Thanks, mate... that fixed the characters in the fetched data, but there are still problems with the display in MP itself. I made a screen that's shows the problems in my german version:

G.B. Wolf

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 22, 2007
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi GB Wolf,

key master has nothing to do with the actual MP plugin, he wrote the under lying grabber (and I thank him for that).
    Ahh... yes I know. Sorry for the bad phrase I used. :sorry:

And yes that's the B2-nonwide-skin. Didn't know that this is causing any trouble. I'm still testing this plugin on my standard machine and haven't moved it on my HTPC which uses the widescreen-skin. :D

Nevertheless the issue showing html-encoded "Länge" instead of plain "Länge" has to be traced back to the plugin itself?

Best regards
    G.B.

falkyre

Portal Pro
    March 20, 2006
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi GB Wolf,

I was under the impression that the html-encoded stuff was fixed. The plugin just pulls it's data from the xml created by the mtsa.exe grabber. So if the data in the moviedata.xml is properly formatted, it should be in the plugin as well.

Can you put your moviedata.xml up at the pastebin and post the link to it here, then I can take a look at it. There "might" be a chance that the plugin is modifying the data in the moviedata.xml when it reads it, I'd have to look into the code. I'm not sure when I'll get to that as Spring time sports have started with my kids. I'll do my best.

Sean
    Hi GB Wolf,

key master has nothing to do with the actual MP plugin, he wrote the under lying grabber (and I thank him for that).
    Ahh... yes I know. Sorry for the bad phrase I used. :sorry:

And yes that's the B2-nonwide-skin. Didn't know that this is causing any trouble. I'm still testing this plugin on my standard machine and haven't moved it on my HTPC which uses the widescreen-skin. :D

Nevertheless the issue showing html-encoded "Länge" instead of plain "Länge" has to be traced back to the plugin itself?

Best regards
    G.B.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom