My small contribution I call - StreamTV (1 Viewer)

Valk

Portal Pro
February 25, 2006
Home Country
Australia Australia
I haven't worked on the plugin in a long time. But considering how mediaportal is nearing completion I might do a refresh of the installer and try and smooth out a few more things that have nagged me.

As for the plugin from dukus I haven't seen it (really haven't looked at these forums in a long time) but i'll have a look.

Always good to know I still have a few fans of my small project left :D.

Valk

Portal Pro
February 25, 2006
Home Country
Australia Australia
Well I finally got around to quickly look at StreamTV again which I said I would do ages ago ^^;;

Anyway the new version is compiled for 1.1.2 but hasn't been tested at all since I don't have a setup to do any testing with at the moment.

If there are issues post here in the forums and I’ll try to fix them so there is a final, stable release (I’ll update to 1.2 also when it’s final).

As for fixing a few bugs with the TS streams because of how StreamTV was designed the changes needed to (hopefully) fix the issues would require a major re-write. That said any future development of StreamTV should start from scratch.

StreamTV started off as a small plugin to inspire others to implement the features I’d been waiting for someone else to do. Since nothing was happening I finally took the task on myself hence the very trial and error design of the plugin.

StreamTV really needs to head in the direction gemx took it.

Oh and finally in regards to the installer using the MP system by dukus; I don't have the inspiration anymore to work on StreamTV since my primary reason for working on the project (steam live TV to my PS3) won't ever be achieved due to my PS3 dying a 2nd time (this time I can't repair the problem). If someone wants to take up the task I think the .nsi scripts are on googlecode which I use to create the installer which could be used as a reference.

Anyway I’ll try and check this thread from time to time and if a new version of MP is out and you want an update post in the thread and I’ll rebuild it.

raverman

May 1, 2009
Home Country
Bulgaria Bulgaria
Hi Valk, I want to thank you for the really useful plug-in. I use it in a somewhat strange way, still it performs nice. My setup consists of a PC with DVB-S2 card, running MP and a DLNA server (HomeMediaServer), and a network enabled TV. Using your plugin I stream the satellite channels to the DLNA server, which then serves them to my TV. This allows me to skip on buying a set-top box, and actually use what I got. Plus, it is geeky :)

I am sorry to hear that this plug-in would not be actively developed in the future, since I only found it 10 days ago, but I certainly can understand the lack of incentive. Thanks for the efforts, and please keep this project alive :D.

Greetings from Bulgaria!

P.S. The latest version seems to work fine.

karatekickz

April 2, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi Valk, I want to thank you for the really useful plug-in. I use it in a somewhat strange way, still it performs nice. My setup consists of a PC with DVB-S2 card, running MP and a DLNA server (HomeMediaServer), and a network enabled TV. Using your plugin I stream the satellite channels to the DLNA server, which then serves them to my TV. This allows me to skip on buying a set-top box, and actually use what I got. Plus, it is geeky :)

I am sorry to hear that this plug-in would not be actively developed in the future, since I only found it 10 days ago, but I certainly can understand the lack of incentive. Thanks for the efforts, and please keep this project alive :D.

Greetings from Bulgaria!

P.S. The latest version seems to work fine.

Using your plugin I stream the satellite channels to the DLNA server, which then serves them to my TV. This allows me to skip on buying a set-top box, and actually use what I got. Plus, it is geeky :)

:eek: This is incredible. I have been looking for a live TV solution to do just this. Could you please explain your setup more thoroughly? Thanks.

raverman

May 1, 2009
Home Country
Bulgaria Bulgaria
Hey there, I would gladly help :)
The key is this incredible software, Home Media Server, http://www.homemediaserver.ru
It is a Russian piece of software, that allows many things to happen via DLNA, fortunately it is free, unfortunately it is localized in Russian language only. Google translate could help you perhaps, or some English forum about it (no idea if such exists). I use its 'Internet television' functionality, that allows you to add URLs to any streaming sources, as the ones created by StreamTV. Took me almost 2 weeks to get the hang of it, and I actually know some Russian, lots of knobs and dials there until it lit up :) (or maybe I am slow)
Basically, Media Portal + StreamTV are running as services, and I just copied the URL of each channel from the web interface of StreamTV and added it to HMS's Internet Television section. One issue is the time between channel changes, for me right now it is ~9 seconds, it depends on the transcoding method.
A DLNA plugin for MP would be really nice too, and from the forum I saw that it is being discussed and (almost) surely it will be in MP 2 . Until then - HMS FTW! :)

karatekickz

April 2, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hey there, I would gladly help :)
The key is this incredible software, Home Media Server, http://www.homemediaserver.ru
It is a Russian piece of software, that allows many things to happen via DLNA, fortunately it is free, unfortunately it is localized in Russian language only. Google translate could help you perhaps, or some English forum about it (no idea if such exists). I use its 'Internet television' functionality, that allows you to add URLs to any streaming sources, as the ones created by StreamTV. Took me almost 2 weeks to get the hang of it, and I actually know some Russian, lots of knobs and dials there until it lit up :) (or maybe I am slow)
Basically, Media Portal + StreamTV are running as services, and I just copied the URL of each channel from the web interface of StreamTV and added it to HMS's Internet Television section. One issue is the time between channel changes, for me right now it is ~9 seconds, it depends on the transcoding method.
A DLNA plugin for MP would be really nice too, and from the forum I saw that it is being discussed and (almost) surely it will be in MP 2 . Until then - HMS FTW! :)

Thank you for your detailed reply. Unfortunately, I don't speak Russian. I hope MediaPortal 2 uses upnp/dlna as a base as well.

jjcoolaus

May 20, 2011
Thanks for the plugin - it works great

Sorry if this has already been answered but:
When i watch the stream i notice it is using around 4mbit of bandwidth, which is fine over the LAN but i actually want to use this plugin to stream tv remotely. My internet connection has a maximum outgoing bandwidth of around 1mbit/sec

How can I make it so that the streaming file is using less (ie drop the quality level down so that it only streams at 1mbit or even 512k?) I read the first post about transcoding but i couldn't really understand what to do with the files in the wwwroot folder.

Is there something i need to change in mediaportal itself?

Thanks for any help on offer!
Jason (from Australia)

Valk

Portal Pro
February 25, 2006
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi jjcoolaus,

Glad to see it works well for you. Even though it can be setup to do what you want I haven't worked on this in an extremely long time and there are better updated plugins that replace StreamTV that you'd be better using.

Try the following: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ed-mpwebstream-stream-tv-over-internet-94801/

It has default profiles which suit your needs.

If you can figure out how the .mpeg , .ts files in the webserver folder work (open them in notepad) then you could copy the transcoding settings (or figure out your own) from mpwebstream then still use streamTv.

Good luck.

TOMillr

Portal Pro
May 4, 2011
I realize that this is an old plugin, but I'm still looking for a way to integrate an m3u playlist with hls streams directly into MediaPortal alongside my regular DVB tv channels. Is that what this plugin was supposed to do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom