My small contribution I call - StreamTV (1 Viewer)

Nephilim

Extension Developer
February 8, 2007
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hi Valk,

Streaming with timeshift.m2ts (no compression) works well.
Streaming with timeshift.mpeg (compressed) doens't works, mencoder start then stop after few seconds.

Bye,
Nephilim

vel_tins

Portal Member
August 30, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
nice work!
Streaming with mencoder works, but only with mpeg2video/mpeg1video codec.
Has anybody correct mencoder settings for streaming in h264?
Or can tell me which codecs (pack) need to be installed?
Do i have to copy something into mencoder/codecs folder?
Where can I find the "libavcodec.dll", Tvserver uses?
Or maybe better to wait for VLC support?

Valk

Portal Pro
February 25, 2006
Home Country
Australia Australia
mencoder is a self contained program (everything it needs is with it already). You don't need any extra files.

You could try ffmpeg, I haven't used it myself but it comes with the latest full installer (can someone reply if it works).

The TvServer doesn't use libavcodec.dll (as far as I know) how did you come to that conclusing?

Hopefully it won't be long before I do an update for the encoders so if it doesn't work I'd probably say wait.

Also thanks for the feedback nephilim I'll double check the default settings for the .mpeg file. It should work but I might of broken it by accident :p

vel_tins

Portal Member
August 30, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
The TvServer doesn't use libavcodec.dll (as far as I know) how did you come to that conclusing
Because it uses "lavc" options in the output string.
And "lavc" means, that "libavcodec" library is used...so far as I know :confused:
But maybe its hardcoded into mencoder for Windows?
libavcodec options can be found here:
11.3.*Encoding with the libavcodec codec family
But changing video codec, e.g. to mpeg4, doesnt work

Valk

Portal Pro
February 25, 2006
Home Country
Australia Australia
You wouldn't have a command-line for ffmpeg I could use to test ffmpeg with nicx? If it doesn't like named pipes I'll look at implementing another method.

libavcodec comes with mencoder and is part of mencoder not the TvServer.

As for doing h264 (or x264) you need to compile mencoder with x264 support: 11.5. Encoding with the x264 codec . I'm not sure if the build I supplied is compiled with x264 support (doubt it) but that site has all the information related to it.

nicx

Portal Pro
February 1, 2006
Stuttgart
Home Country
Germany Germany
ho valk,

i used the same parameters as with ipimp:

-i {0} -f mpegts -threads 4 -re -vcodec libx264 -s 480x272 -flags +loop -cmp +chroma -deblockalpha 0 -deblockbeta 0 -crf 24 -bt 256k -refs 1 -coder 0 -me_method umh -me_range 16 -subq 5 -partitions +parti4x4+parti8x8+partp8x8 -g 250 -keyint_min 25 -level 30 -qmin 10 -qmax 51 -trellis 2 -sc_threshold 40 -i_qfactor 0.71 -acodec libfaac -ab 128k -ar 48000 -ac 2 -async 2 {1}

i tried it with a lot more parameters, its not working even with just "-i {0} {1}"

nicx...

Valk

Portal Pro
February 25, 2006
Home Country
Australia Australia
Well with gemx taking the core functions from StreamTv and expanding on it I don't see a reason to re-invent the wheel by going forward anymore with StreamTv. That said I might add "tandard Input/Output to the transport types so ffmpeg will work. That way I can say StreamTv ended up a solid plugin.

It was a fun project and thanks for the feedback and suggestions from everyone. I wouldn't of got StreamTv to the point it is now without the input from everyone who put up with all the buggy builds (especially at the start).

Anyway expect 1 more build of StreamTv in the near future.

nicx

Portal Pro
February 1, 2006
Stuttgart
Home Country
Germany Germany
this stands completly to reason, thanks for you efforts with this plugin. i hope you will support gemx with his plugin in future ;)

nicx...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom