My small contribution I call - StreamTV (2 Viewers)

vnenkv

October 21, 2009
Teplice
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
I Would like to explanation for dummies.
I have TV Server and Media Portal Client on IP 10.0.0.01. My son has a PS3 connected on IP 10.0.0.03 an another computer is in study room on 10.0.0.0.02. IP address of router is 10.0.0.138. My questions are:

1. Could I play tv broadcasting on PS 3 and on PC in study?
2. What programs do I need and how should they be set up?

Valk

Portal Pro
February 25, 2006
Home Country
Australia Australia
I'll start with the easy point first.

To watch on the PC you need a program like VLC which can play a partial file from the web.

To use VLC you have two options. You can use the links by copy / pasting them into VLC for each channel from the channel list RSS feed or you can use the podcast feature in VLC to populate a list of the channels in the inbuilt playlist tool. From that you can just click on a channel in the playlist to watch it.

As for the PS3 well it can be done but due to the extra software required forcing transcoding on the stream the image quality is awful. If you still want to give it a try go get PS3MediaServer (just search google). Goto the forums and get the latest development build, don't use the build hosted on google code. Once installed you have to add the RSS feed address into the ps3mediaserver web.conf file. I don't have it installed on this computer so I can't give you an example sorry but it is pretty straight forward.

Once that is done you have to restart the PS3MediaServer and you should have links to the channels on your PS3 in one of the sub menus.

Now the only encoder that works I found is MEncoder, it isn't the default encoder to use so you will have to go into the transcode folder.

Finally it will take two tries before it connects making channel changing painfully slow. Personally I wouldn't use it but if you want to try feel free to give it a go.

As a final point worth mentioning, if you wish to watch on the PC and the PS3 at the same time then you will need a tuner for each client watching (so having the PC and PS3 going is 2 users so you will need 2 tuner cards in your TvServer PC).

the_account

November 20, 2009
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
Hi, Valk!
Plz, help me to adjast TV channels to view them. I don't know how to insert channel's URL and for wich TV-tuner. In the main menu I put in "TV-ServerConfiguration - TV Channels - Add" a new channel for DVB-IP tuner. And I put "http://domain.ru:9901/tv/1kanal" in the line for URL. Despite the new channel has appeared in the list of channels it does not assign for any tuner. Mediaportal reports "No free/available tuner" while I attempt to view any channel. What's wrong? What to do? Thanks.

Attachments

• Channels.JPG
    Channels.JPG
    70.7 KB

Valk

Portal Pro
February 25, 2006
Home Country
Australia Australia
Sorry this plugin has nothing to do with the DVB-IP tuner and I have never used it since I don't have a DVB-IP service.

As a quick guess though I don't think your supposed to add the channels in that section. I think you are ment to goto: TvServers > Jon > (DVB-IP Card) and add it in that section. I don't have the tvServer setup at the moment so I can't check.

You are probably best to ask again in the installation configuration support section: Installation, configuration support - MediaPortal Forum

Sorry I'm not much help.

the_account

November 20, 2009
Home Country
Hi, Valk!
You didn't understand me. I want to view TV with your plugin Stream TV 2 in Mediaportal. My view is by http-protocol. I cannot watch TV-server http with standart means. I would like hove your plagin. Do I understand you? right? I write channel as I whote early. http://127.0.0.1:8080/TvServer/ChannelList.rss The reference is on the screen. What can I do with this reference? Please? write me successive actions for reception TV on http-protokol.
MP 1.1 Beta, Stream TV 2.

Valk

Portal Pro
February 25, 2006
Home Country
Australia Australia
Well StreamTv's output can't be watched in MediaPortal, only other 3rd party video players like VLC.

If you want to use HTTP for viewing video use gemx's web server, it uses the same system StreamTv does to transcode and is maintained: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ed-streaming-web-interface-tvserver-mp-71404/

the ChannelList.rss file just gives a list of hyper links to the video streams which you can use to tune into a channel.

StreamTv is designed so you run the installer, start the plugin in the TvServer Configuration Panel then restart the TvServer service and it should be good to go (assuming your Tv Tuners are setup properly).

Unless someone else writes a plugin for MediaPortal StreamTv can't be used to stream Live Tv to a MediaPortal client, sorry.

LordMerlin

Portal Pro
November 16, 2007
Rostov-na-Donu
Home Country
Hello. Say please, I can to use your плагин to look TV in the shell of XBMC?

Hello. Say please, I can to use your plugin to look TV in the shell of XBMC?

xmaster

Portal Member
March 30, 2008
Hi, there is a bug in TS streaming. After filling a buffer (512KB) other sent data are corrupted. If you record the stream you can see there isn't synchronization byte on the right place since packet 2790.
Could you please take a look at it?

skandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi, Using it in last version of mediaportal (version 1.1 final). In TVServer , when I enable the plugin I can't change the default port 8080, when I try to change an error message appears and the TVServer configuration application ends...

Using the default port (8080) it works .

Someone with this same problem?

lstraath

Portal Member
    January 3, 2010
    Waalwijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Valk,

Like your plugin, do you still develop it? Any chance you will make an installer for it in the plugin from dukus which seems to be the way to go these days for installing plugins.

regards,

leon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom