My SpeedFan plugin (2 Viewers)

djurik

Portal Member
January 4, 2007
Brno
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
As frodo recommended, I'm announcing new plugin - My SpeedFan - in the usual download place in the Plugins/Utilities section.

6opuc

Portal Member
March 24, 2007
Darmstadt, Germany
Home Country
Ukraine Ukraine
Sounds really cool, but makes not a big sense if it won't be compatible with the latest SVN. Would you be so kind to adopt it to SVN level ?
Thanks, great idea, anyway!

djurik

Portal Member
January 4, 2007
Brno
Home Country
I have another version at home working with new SVN, but it is not compatible with MP stabel version. The problem is incompatibility between SV and stable version MP classes for working with XML. I will do it another way soon.

6opuc

Portal Member
March 24, 2007
Darmstadt, Germany
Home Country
Ukraine Ukraine
Many cool plugins are not compatible with both stable and SVN, therefor there are usually two versions: one for stable release and one for SVN. Many people stick to SVN, becase some of the plugins are not maintained anymore for stable release...
What do you thing of posting your SVN version here? I'm really curious to try it :)
Thank's in advance!

ph4r4o

Portal Member
January 27, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Just using the stable cause an svn never worked well on my machine, yet. But I don't get this Plugin working. For example, what has to be written in the xAP CPU ID field? Name of sensor or the name i specified?

djurik

Portal Member
January 4, 2007
Brno
Home Country
New MySpeedFan version

There will be new version soon - it is now submitted, so it takes some minutes, I think. This version is working with stable MP 0.2.2.0 and new SVN too. The problem is in changes made in the interface of Core library in the functions for working with XML. So now I wrote inside small class dependant on System.XML class, this cannot be changed I hope. But the external XML configuration file is necessary due to the way MP Configuration program work with MediaPortal.xml.

To ph4r4o - I have to fill the same value in UID as is in the xAP SpeedFan configuration page. IP is your local IP address. To the IDs fields you have to fill the names founded in the SpeedFan - these could differ on various motherboards.

Now the included SpeedFanSettings.xml has filled with my personal values for testing PC with MSI-945 mainboard. I think that UID is the same for all of us - it seems to be default attribute of SpeedFan xAP.

Users who are viewing this thread