My Sudoku Plugin (2 Viewers)

TimmyT

Portal Pro
October 18, 2004
Zurich
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
First of all my compliments to Cosmo, I really love your Sudoku plugin.

I agree with the other guys, I can barely see the gray numbers. I have to sit just in front of the tv to play... must be looking pretty dumb ;-)
Also the grid is hard to see, I would appreciate a better contrast (maybe a brighter background). the "block invalid moves" button is only accessible by mouse, but not by keyboard or remote.

I hope you keep up the good work

TimmyT

Cheeze439

Portal Member
December 19, 2005
Great plugin, works great for me.

2 comments though,

1) I agree with what firestorm_al said about the grey numbers. I can only see them on my TV if I sit close.

2) In a future version could there be an option to disable the red numbers? What I mean is that I don't want to know when a number is wrong instantly, this makes it all too easy to just try all 9 numbers till one turns white. I'd like to play it like in a newspaper or book where you may not realise where you've gone wrong till much further into the game, then you have to work backwards and try to locate your error.

Just some thoughts and suggestions, certainly not complaints.

Cosmo

Portal Member
October 26, 2005
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Good to hear that this is working for people.

All good comments you are making.

The problem with the colours is that I would like to have used bold for the clue numbers - but I cannot seem to find any bold fonts in MediaPortal. I haven't given up totally on using a visual clue such as bolding, italic or underline but need to work out if it is gonna be possible.

I agree that the plugin needs an option to disable the red numbers so that you can make your own mistakes.

Might get some time soon to try and progress this a bit more. Watch this space.

savale

Portal Member
January 15, 2006
Great plugin! Only it's too hard too read on my tv. Maybe I have a good suggestion:

change the background colour of the allready filled numbers. Maybe make it a little more dark for example (have better contrast) Or the text yellow etc etc. Grey is the worst choice mate ;)

sudoku.jpg

light red and yellow gives good contrast :)

Cosmo

Portal Member
October 26, 2005
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Still hoping to work on this

BUT, as usual other things have slowed my progress to pretty much a full stop at the moment. Will try to do some more more on it soon.

Been preoccupied in getting my htpc working anyway - lots of problems with hauppauge nova-t USB (drivers seem very buggy). However, have recently moved to using a cinergy T2 and this seems to have fixed everything. So, I might get around to actually putting a bit more effort into this plugin now.

idioteque

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi love the plugin only the grey and reds are very difficult to read on an CRT TV

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom