My Sudoku Plugin (1 Viewer)

IMOON

Portal Member
April 5, 2006
Germany
Hello,

for everyone who has problems with the Sudoku plugin and mp 0.2 rc3, here is my solutuion for the problems. I have rewriten the code a little bit :D.

changelog:
-new: button to show incorrect moves or not
-new: save the settings in mediaportal.xml

Cosmo perhaps you can look into the source and update it on sourceforge :?:

here is the link have fun and test it

http://rapidshare.de/files/17335682/sudoku-mp_plugin.rar.html

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    OK - Yes I am lame but I don't know how to play this game on the plugin. Could someone come up with a short set of instructions that could help me (maybe someone else that may want to play this on MP)?

What is the main objective?

Many thanks!
    Mike

IMOON

Portal Member
    April 5, 2006
    Germany
    Look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudoku for a good Introduction in Sudoku.
    In the plugin you can let you show/block wrong numbers/moves on the left site. If "Show Invalid Moves" is selected Wrong numbers are red, right numbers are white and the start numbers are black. You can not edit the start numers.
    If all fields are filled out and no number is red ("Show Invalid Moves" is selected) you have found the solution. In the next release you will find a "Game Over Box" with the result.
    I hope this will help you.

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Cosmo/IMOON

The Soduko fever has reached aour family now and I tested the plugin now, and it works really well.

Feature request: Cosmo, you intended to grade the sudokus with diiferent grades of difficulty. Don´t know how to do that, but...

...this morning there was a Sudoku on a kids page in our newspaper. It simply had much more numbers uncovered to start with.
    So this brought me to the idea to add a kids level to the plugin, sounds an easy task, but than I am no programer, so I might be wrong there. What do you think about the idea?

tomtom

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    IMOON - Thanks for the link, I'll look into it. And MANY thanks for extending Cosmo's original plugin to make it better. I appreciate it!

Mike

Cosmo

Portal Member
    October 26, 2005
    Nottingham, United Kingdom
    All,

I'm currently trying to move house so this is the reason why all has been quiet on the sudoku plugin front (I've even had to pack my pvr away!!!).

If someone wants to work on the plugin then feel free. I will try and pick it up again later when my life has settled down a bit.

Enjoy,

Cosmo.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    IMOON or Cosmo - how about a buddy image that would looks similar to:

hovermysudoku7ir.png

Please note that this is VERY rough (actually just a concept). I was just looking to see if it was worthwhile for me to go ahead and take the time to finish it. What do you think?

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom