My TeleText - Internet TeleText plugin (was: My SVT Text) (2 Viewers)

snorre

Portal Member
April 23, 2004
mama said:
Thx for that!! For me it works fine, using 011 with MCE. Only a easier way to enter the numbers would be fine. If I want to see i.e. page 150, I have to press the button 50 times.

You've got it all wrong mama! Just enter 1 + 5 + 0 on your remote, just as with regular teletext, that's 3 key presses, not 50!

tomtom21000: Yes I tested it... Could you try and switch to SVT Text and see if that works? Seams to work for mama too. But we'll try to figure out your problem.

Mr Mitchell: I'll look into your source recommendation!

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Tested it with SVT Text too. It shows exactly the same problem.

I also tried with switching language to english. As expected this had no effect.

And I made sure, all the files you delivered are in the right folder.

I am on version 0.0.0.12 in opposite to mama using 0.0.0.11. Do you use 0.0.0.12 ?

If you need more infos, I´ll try to supply them. Maybe some other test reports come in, giving a better picture, if this is only on my setup.
    -----------
    Some suggestions for further improvements:

Maybe for a future release the favourites can be named with a friendly name like "sports" or something. Maybe there are countries where more then one teletext supplier can be shown.

Noticed, the favourites are the same when switching teletext source. So mapping favourites per source would be fine.

And switching source on the screen, like channel switching in tv or like location switching in weather would be great.

Shall not sound demanding, I am happy with your new extension to ard text, at least when i can get it to work :)

tomtom21000

snorre

Portal Member
    April 23, 2004
    Yes, I'm using the .12 version of MP. Strange problem, a little hard for me to tell what goes wrong for you. I take it you allow MP and its plugins to access the Internet...? But as you said, we need more test reports!

tomtom21000 said:
    Maybe for a future release the favourites can be named with a friendly name like "sports" or something. Maybe there are countries where more then one teletext supplier can be shown.

Noticed, the favourites are the same when switching teletext source. So mapping favourites per source would be fine.

And switching source on the screen, like channel switching in tv or like location switching in weather would be great.

Shall not sound demanding, I am happy with your new extension to ard text, at least when i can get it to work :)

tomtom21000

Good suggestions! However, the favorite pages can already be configured both by name and numbers in the MP setup. Mapping the favorites to different sources as well as switching sources in the MP GUI is in the roadmap, you thinking of it too underlines the need for it! However, the first priority is to get it working for everyone, so is it working for you others?

Mr.Mitchell

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2004
    the Netherlands
    Another test report. Everything seems to work fine here. I tried with SVT and ARD. Both show complete pages and the german pages seem to be correct, I can't read the Swedish pages, but it doesn't look like anything is missing.

One thing I don't understand is what the button below Favorite 5 does.

BTW I second the request for beeing able to switch the source from within MP. Maybe it would even be a good idea to make some sort of "plugin" system for the different sources. That way people can easily add their own sources so you don't have to do all the work.

I am working with the latest Anonymous CVS, so .12 + a bit. Using a dutch language file (without translated texts, so it shows as English) and obviously MCE.

/me thinking about the future
    It would really be great if there was a way to have this plugin combined with TV (as an extra, not as the only way to view teletext). Then you would have the possibility to associate a teletext source with the presetnumbers that are used in TV. Then when you are viewing TV you could press the (new) Teletext button and the teletext page for the current channel would be shown like you normally have on TV (maybe on an overlay or halftransparent) or just switch to the correct page in the Teletext plugin like it is now.

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    would be cool if the plugin could use but
    the text variant (as it has now) and the images variant like
    100-01.gif

frodo

A

Anonymous

0.1.0.0 compilant

Hi guys! I'm a new-bie here and this plugin seems to be nice.

But I cant get it working on 0.1.0.0 , I't seems there might be a file missing or something.

Starting the Medio Configure i get the following message:
    "Failed to locate assembly 'guilib, Version=1.0.1773.37735, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Note that the configuration program must be ..."

The error disapears when i remove the plugin.

Has anyone tried this plugin on 0.1.0.0 and got it to work? Or do I need to install an earlier version to get it to work properly?

//WallePuh[/img]

Mr.Mitchell

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2004
    the Netherlands
    The code structure of MediaPortal has changed between the 0.0.0.13 and 0.1.0.0 releases, so the plugin needs to be recompiled by the author.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom