My TeleText - Internet TeleText plugin (was: My SVT Text) (2 Viewers)

snorre

Portal Member
April 23, 2004
Hi all!

Thought I would share this little plugin that I have put together, unfortunately it's probably of no good for non Swedes since it is a plugin for the teletext service from SVT. The plugin grabs the pages from the internet why internet connection of course is a requirement for this plugin.

Navigation is quite simple, simply enter the page number you want and it loads. Pages that have several parts can ba scrolled through using a scroll control to the lower left on the screen. The user can also define 5 favorite pages in the MP setup that is represented by buttons on the screen.

To install, simply unpack the zip-file in your MediaPortal directory and enable it in the MP setup. One word of caution! This plugin requires an addition to the fonts.xml file, so if you have made you're own fonts.xml make a copy of it first, since this plugin will delete the one you have. Also, only MCE skin files are included, but those of you who want to use another skin can do so by copying the xml files to the correct locations.

One last thing. The text would look much nicer if it was bolded, however, after examining this issue I have come to the conclusion that this is not supported by MP, perhaps it could be added? In that way one could use a "style" element in the fonts.xml file.

Download:
http://hem.bredband.net/b234883/mpteletext/mpteletext.zip

Snorre

A

Anonymous

Re: My SVT Text - A Swedish TeleText plugin for MP

snorre said:
Hi all!

Thought I would share this little plugin that I have put together, unfortunately it's probably of no good for non Swedes since it is a plugin for the teletext service from SVT. The plugin grabs the pages from the internet why internet connection of course is a requirement for this plugin.

Navigation is quite simple, simply enter the page number you want and it loads. Pages that have several parts can ba scrolled through using a scroll control to the lower left on the screen. The user can also define 5 favorite pages in the MP setup that is represented by buttons on the screen.

To install, simply unpack the zip-file in your MediaPortal directory and enable it in the MP setup. One word of caution! This plugin requires an addition to the fonts.xml file, so if you have made you're own fonts.xml make a copy of it first, since this plugin will delete the one you have. Also, only MCE skin files are included, but those of you who want to use another skin can do so by copying the xml files to the correct locations.

One last thing. The text would look much nicer if it was bolded, however, after examining this issue I have come to the conclusion that this is not supported by MP, perhaps it could be added? In that way one could use a "style" element in the fonts.xml file.

Download (for the latest special build with animation support):
http://hem.bredband.net/b234883/mpsvttext/mpsvttext.zip

Download (for older versions, like 0.0.0.8 ) :
http://hem.bredband.net/b234883/mpsvttext/mpsvttextold.zip

Snorre

Cool :)

A

Anonymous

I can't get this plugin to work with 0.0.0.11 (it worked just fine with the version current at the time of release). Actually it doesn't even show up in the configuration application.

Am I doing something stupid, or has something changed?

//Johannes

snorre

Portal Member
April 23, 2004
Wbunaarf said:
I can't get this plugin to work with 0.0.0.11 (it worked just fine with the version current at the time of release). Actually it doesn't even show up in the configuration application.

Am I doing something stupid, or has something changed?

//Johannes

Actually I haven't tried the latest MP version yet, so I can't really tell, but I will have a look at it...

Snorre

rich710

Portal Member
July 13, 2004
Sweden
I used to translate the .xml to Swedish but It's not possible to translate "My" SVT Text to "Min" SVT Text yet. I talked to Mr Mitchell that gave some hints, is it possible for you to add code to make it possible to translate?
//Rich

<MrMitchel> @Rich71: You use GUILocalizeString(stringID) if I recall correctly. The ID is the id from tha languagefile.
<MrMitchel> It is GUILocalizeStrings.Get(stringID) to be presise

snorre

Portal Member
April 23, 2004
rich710 said:
I used to translate the .xml to Swedish but It's not possible to translate "My" SVT Text to "Min" SVT Text yet. I talked to Mr Mitchell that gave some hints, is it possible for you to add code to make it possible to translate?
//Rich

I will look into it. I can't be that hard to fix...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom