Satelite/CableTV Provider: Time Warner Cable Jamaica
HTPC Case: Secintific Atlanta Explorer 2100
Cooling: Thermaltake / Big Typhoon VX
Power Supply: SILVERSTONE SST-ST60F ATX 600W
Remote: MCE
TV: LG M3200C(Digital)
TV - HTPC Connection: S-Video In ? OUT DVI_HDMI

First Happy New Year to everyone

Need some help with MP, done searches though out the forums, try the solutions / suggested but still having the same problem.... Really would appreciate the help from the advance user of MP on this one..... As I am totally new to MP, but making this work has been pretty easy.... Great work from the MP Team.... you are good, very good you are....

Problem: MP MY tV Crashes when i do the following, Hit the back button when in full screen mode, when Exiting My TV to go to MY DVD, MY Music, Etc..

This is the Error Screen that pops up...
MediaPortal exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.... We are sorry for the inconvenience.... and click don't send...

Fixes I have tried from reading other similar scenarios.....

1. I believe I have updated all my drives, which has fixed a couple of other problems I was having....
2. Installed a Patch from AMD for Dualcore processors.... didn't work
3. Task Manager - changed Affinity to CPU 0 --- This has resolved my problem with watching MY TV no more Audio and Video getting all out of snick and crashing MP within 3mins...
4. Reinstalled MP several times. Currently MP is installed a separate partition.....
5.Tried all the different Decoders in the MY Tv Config screen...

The only thing I have not done at this time is upgrade from XP Pro to XP MCE.... any thought would be good on this also....

Thank you in advance for you help....
-Russell

rmackay

Portal Member
January 1, 2007
New York City
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Forgot one other problem with My Tv I'm Having.....

If I Click on the record button my screen goes black and I have to ALT CTRL DEL to get out of it... If I can get MP to stop recording with out crashing if i go to the home page there is a big black Box opened... I have to exit out and reset the CPU to O and run MP again....
When playing back recorded TV the play back screen Flashes like a Strobe light..... with no video or audio.....

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Can you attach your logs ("installation path"MediaPortal\log) to your post after a crash like that?

Regards
    Roy

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    You have a error with Zap2itPlugin, try to apply latest version & latest version of MP SVN found here (back up MediaPortal folder before you apply anything).

Regards
    Roy

rmackay

Portal Member
    January 1, 2007
    New York City
    Home Country
    Roy,

Just out of curiousity, do you need to install all the SVN updates or does the last include the pervious ver.s as well...

Seem to be working much better had to re-conifg alot mostly the MytV no worries..... Audio and Video are stable on both CPU's now...

My TV still cashes when I leave full screen mode or stop recording, I acutley think it crashed when i started to record...

Now the Error LOG File say that the NVIDIA DualTV Transcoder not found
    I can select them in the Config section from the drop down boxes.... is this why MP is still crashing... ?

Attached error log file....

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    No you don't have to install all, just the latest.
    Try to use MPV/MPA codecs instead to see if it's better or nvidia purevideo if you have it installed, weird that you still have Zap2itPlugin errors if you updated all (found out from the thread that others have same problem with plugin & that a new release will occur soon).
    The best it's to post MediaPortal.log it tells more then other logs :).

Regards
    Roy

rmackay

Portal Member
    January 1, 2007
    New York City
    Home Country
    Well, I tried what you suggested, Changed the codec to MPV/MPA, Then NViDia Still the same thing i exit out and crash wami...

I even disabled the plugins that were giving me trouble....

Should i start over with a clean install with the most recent up SVN and then add the plugins and give it a try if you can see anything in the MediaPortal.log

Attached are the files as i changed settings

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    It's a good idea to start fresh without 3'rd party plugins, but remember to delete/rename MediaPortal folder when installing fresh & enable in MP Setup (Configuration) -> General -> Log Level to "debug"

Regards
    Roy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom