1.29.0 My TV-Server detects TV-Card type wrong. (1 Viewer)

ardi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 20, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Do someone have any idea what could be the reason for that? My second Digital devices TV-tuner card is detected wrong. The type shows DvbT but it is "Digital Devices DVB-C2" for Tuner 1 and 2. Driver and Hardware detection in Windows 10 seems to be OK. Is there a configuration file I can change the card type manually?
    1640266897768.png

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I know there's some configuration program (included in the drivers?) where you can select which types the card exposes...
    All from memory of a long time ago, so might not be 100% accurate... (long ago all providers here stopped with dvbc)
    btw, still have that digital devices card eating dust here, interested? pm me

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    My second Digital devices TV-tuner card is detected wrong.
    Is it? The real question is: does your DVB-C2 card work correctly? In other words, can you receive via cable the TV channels that you are expecting?

MP's TV Server is sometimes not very precise with its words. For example, the 5th and 6th tuners in your list are DVB-T2, but TV Server shows them as DVB-T (it is the same on my system). I am not a TV expert, but I was under the impression that DVB-C/C2 signals are the same as DVB-T/T2 signals, but sent via a cable instead of through the airwaves. So a DVB-C/C2 tuner card might actually be a DVB-T/T2 tuner card with a slightly different electrical interface where the cable connects to the card.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

ardi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 20, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Doskabouter & CyberSimian thank you very much for your response!

DVB-C is still state of the art in my region, lower Bavaria. I have merged all my receivable signals (s/c/t) together with Mediaportal for many years. And I'm very happy with it. This Christmas vacation I'm going to add DVB-C2 into my broadcaster portfolio!
    CyberSimian, I appreciate your idea. T2 is quite the same as C2. If I create my own DVB-T frequencies file for this card, that could work.
    I'll try it the next days, for sure. After that I'll publish the result.

Thank you again and Merry Christmas.

ardi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 20, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Test is done.
    DVBC frequences cannot be scanned with DVBT identfied tuner. :cry:
    Test with Digital Devices software shows same problem. I think it is a problem with Digitals Devices C2 driver.
    Some other ideas from anyone?

ardi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 20, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Found this in Mediaportal Wiki.
    This seams to be my problem.
    1640602913573.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom