My-TVSeries wont show media info (1 Viewer)

roidy

Portal Member
September 28, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Well I just reinstalled everything, Mediaportal, Monochrome skin amd MY-TVSeries and guess what............

It still wont show media info:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

OWWWWWWWWWWW this is driving me crazy:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well a bit of an update, after some more playing about it would seem to be a Monochrome skin problem. I have just tried the default Blue Two and Aeon Wide skins and both show the media info with no problems. So any ideas why it wont show up with Monochrome?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK something I just noticed if I goto My Plugins and Skin Infomation under the info for the Monochrome skin it says supported plugins MY-TVSeries 2.0.3112 but the only version I can find is 2.0.0.0 dated about 5 months ago. Could that be the problem and if so where can I find version 2.0.3112?

roidy

Portal Member
September 28, 2008
Home Country
Ive just done a reinstall and v2.0 is the latest I can find too..

Do you use the Monochrome skin and if so can you get media info to show up? Because if you can then my problem may be something else completely.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    I use Monochrome. I have just done a fresh MP1.0 install, with the latest Monochrome (2.2 I think) and got the latest mediainfo.dll (to which I just copied the mediainfo.dll to the plugins/windows folder and did nothing with the other files).

In the monochrome download, the image stated as default view definately has the file info showing, codec etc, but when I copy that .xml to my skin folder, and the clear the cache folder, I have the same result as you, no info is shown there what so ever.. I ended up going for the infopanel .xml so there wasn't a gaping hole there. I reinstalled everything as described just last night and just tried it again with that .xml for mediainfo and still nothing.

After downloading the mediainfo.dll is there anything else needed from the download as there was at least one other .dll in the package and a few other bits? Also, does this need enabling anywhere in the TV series config app?

Incidently logos work fine (the TV channel logos etc addon).

I also noticed there was a preview image for default view with fan art (which looks just like default view with fan art in the background behind all the normal default stuff) which I cant even find in the monochrome download??

roidy

Portal Member
    September 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Out of sheer despiration I have done a complete OS reinstall, once I get everything up and running I`ll post and let you know if it works.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    That is desperation!! Wouldnt hold your breath!! To be honest, I wasn't all that woried about it and went the fan art route, I'd be happy if I could just use KMPlayer correctly with MP!

roidy

Portal Member
    September 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Well everything is installed and up and running.

And yes you guessed it........... THE BLOODY THING STILL WONT WORK:mad:

Oh well suggestions for another nice skin to try.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

******** MAJOR UPDATE *********

YES YES YES, finally got it to work.

I read the monochrome readme about 50 times and missed the one vital bit of information everytime. You have to import the Output Formatting Rules:oops::oops::oops:

How could I have missed that, anyway at least its working now.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to try and help.

scma

Portal Pro
    December 24, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    did You import the logorules and formatrules?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom