My-TVSeries wont show media info (1 Viewer)

roidy

Portal Member
September 28, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi all,

I`ve only been using Mediaportal for a few days and am loving it especially the MY-TVSeries plugin. But I have a bit of a problem with mediainfo.dll (well I assume mediainfo.dll is the problem).

If I goto the MY-TVSeries config page and select an episode all the media info is listed spot on, resolution, bit rate, yadda yadda. But when I run Mediaportal none of the media info is displayed along with the episodes. I`ve tryed a few versions of mediainfo.dll and nothing works. Any ideas??? It`s driving me crazy:(

Thanks

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Did you add formatting rules and or logos in the configuration? Usually the skin that you use will have files you can use to import e.g. Monochrome, Aeon.

See skin forums for more info.

roidy

Portal Member
    September 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi, here are a couple of pics to illustrate the problem:-

How it should look:-
    ok.JPG

How mine looks with missing media info:-
    wrong.JPG

I`m using the Monochrome skin and have copied the correct TVSeries.xml file to the skin/Monochrome folder but it still wont work. I know the media information is there because I can see it in the MT-TVSeries config settings for each episode, it just wont show up in Mediaportal.

I`m not sure what you mean by adding formatting rules? Could you explain more.

Thanks

roidy

Portal Member
    September 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Thanks I`ll have a look at that thread but its not really the logos I`m bothered about it`s the media information at the side I want to get working. But I`ll have a read of that thread just incase it turns something up.

ThaClown

Moderator - Dutch Forums
    May 28, 2006
    Den Bosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Did you get the latest MediaInfo.dll?
    MP uses it to get info about files (genre, framerate, codec, etc.)
    this should be placed in your MP folder /plugins/windows/ (along with the other .dll's)..

Get it here:
    MediaInfo

roidy

Portal Member
    September 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi there,

Yep I`ve tried most of the versions between 0.7.3.1 and the current which is 0.7.7.6 and still nothing. Which leads me to think its not a mediainfo.dll problem but a Mediaportal display problem. Is there any sort of option I need to switch on for it to work, if so I carn`t find it. Failing that I may try a full reinstall.:(

Another reason I don`t now think it`s the mediainfo.dll file is because the info shows up ok in the config page.

screen.JPG

It just isn`t getting displayed in Mediaportal.

ThaClown

Moderator - Dutch Forums
    May 28, 2006
    Den Bosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Did you use the correct xml from the Monochrome skin?
    It comes with different options for showing TV Series (some are without mediainfo)

roidy

Portal Member
    September 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Yep tried them all, the one I`m using should display media info, if you take a look at the pics I posted you can see the honking big space with nothing in it.

I`m in the middle of reinstalling Mediaportal to see if that makes any difference. So fingers crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom